Anyone play Warhammer 40k tabletop game???

holy crap havent thought about this in a long time. I have an blood angles army somewhere in my closet. played back in high school. 7 years later and they are still unpainted. ha!

nope, but im 3 and a half hours into a twilight imperium game right now and were taking a food break, not even halfway done yet.

I have a few friends that play at least once a week sometimes more and I have been playing with their armies once in a while. Kinda thinking about picking up an army for myself.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I used to have a sizable Eldar force (2nd edition), then built a good sized Necron force for 3rd. How are the 4th edition rules?[/QUOTE]

I believe 40k is in it's 5th edition.

But yeah, I play as well. I started up around September. I rock a DIY Space Marine chapter and am starting to paint some Imperial Fists.

Good to see some 40k players on CAG.

I've got a brand new Rhino that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Still on sprues with the original box, no shrink wrap though.

Interested?

[quote name='killswitch64']I am actually looking for at least a 1000+ point army if anyone has one they want to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Well I don't have anything like that to get rid of, but if it helps you out, you can buy two Assault on Black Reach kits(comes with 500 points of Orks and 500 points of Space Marines). So for like $60 per box, you get a tact squad ($35), a termie squad($50), a captain($20~), and a dreadnaught($40), so that in itself is an amazing deal. So find a buddy to go halfsies with who wants to get into it or get more shit, spend $60 each and you'll have a very good starting point.

[quote name='Tavohl']Ahadi, i was wondering how much r u asking for for the rhino.[/QUOTE]

$25 for the Rhino because it's opened. With shipping costs, I'd say like $30/32ish.

Is it too daring to say we should turn this in to the official 40k thread?

[quote name='Ahadi']
Is it too daring to say we should turn this in to the official 40k thread?[/quote]
its not a bad idea but i think we need a lot more ppl.

[quote name='killswitch64']I finally got a chaos space marine army up and going. So far I am really enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

Very cool. I'm almost "done" collecting space marines at this point. I need to paint two squads, assemble two drop pods, and my force is basically complete. I picked up a Shadowsword kit as well. I can't wait to put it together. And now I'm collecting Eldar to get a decent force together.

Are there really like no 40k players on CAG?

I have a bunch of 40k stuff in my storage closet. Space Wolves mostly. I also have a bunch of Blood Angels from when they were still made out of lead. (They switched to pewter) I don't keep up any more, but I used to paint them, and even won a painting contest back in Baltimore.

oh yah, currently i run a chaos apocolypse army, i have a warhound titan, 4 predators, 8 rhinos, 32 terms, 3 dreads, 3 obliterators and 130 marines. yah im a pretty powerful bad ally lol, oh yah i run the Nurgle baby!!!!!!

I have a Terminator army (around twenty, which was pretty massive, back in the day). Ya gotta love any troops that have an extra heart installed for that extra kick.

bread's done
Back