Anyone playing Warface? Impressions Thread

saunderscowie

CAGiversary!
Got my beta code played a little yesterday.. seems alright. Had more fun playing co-op with people that pvp. Having a few connection problems pop up which hopefully will pass. What do people think??

It's an OK game. The multiplayer versus reminds me of a inferior version of counterstrike. Especially the whole bomb planting.

The two biggest upsides so far: 1 - It's free. 2 - Has co-op vs bot missions which is very cool.

It's probably the worst Crytek game I've ever played though. If they actually charged $60 as a stand alone game I'd say It's worth $10 tops, maybe $15 if your desperate for more action in a off gaming season month IE January or Feb.

Finally got into a couple pvp matches today. Before I started playing Warface I was playing CoD Modern Warfare 2, and CoD still plays better than Warface. It's not totally bad but controls seem a little sluggish and graphics seem a little low rent. I expect more out of CryEngine but it is the beta, so hopefully they downgraded graphics a bit for that purpose.

@Monsta Mack: Funny you should mention Counterstrike because I was thinking the exact same thing when I was playing this afternoon.

As a free to play game, it's totally fine. If someone wanted an occasional FPS fix, this would probably be fine for that purpose.  I wouldn't pay more than ~$10 if it was a pay game.

I wouldn't pay anything if this was a pay game.  It's a bland and mediocre FPS that adds nothing new to the genre.  It's ok for what it is (free-to-play) and you basically get what you pay for.

I have CoD and I have BF; there's no reason for me to spend time playing this.  When it releases, if it has achievements, I might play it for a day or two just to get the easy cheeves out of the way, but other than that probably won't touch it again... just like with Spartacus and Ascend.

I played again the other day, PvP didn't do anything for me if anything it was a chore really.. co-op is okay but as others have mentioned its pretty bland - also with it being free to play you know 90% of the good stuff will only be available from extreme grinding or paying for it.

So it's now no longer in the beta phase.  I've been playing it for a few weeks now and like it.  I still cannot beat the Hardcore Cooperative matches, but that also is dependent on teammates and their classes. 

Is anyone here playing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back