Anyone remember Madballs?

Will

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
Went by a garage sale for shiggles and ran across one in horrid condition. Look like it was a dog toy at some point but damn it brought back memories!

1.jpg
top.gif

ani1.gif

3.jpg
4.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

11.jpg

I grew up with Mad Balls, M.U.S.C.L.E's and HAWK guns.

I loved those things.

There is a nice article on retrojunk.com about madballs that someone just submitted.

Also, some company is re-releasing many of the original designs later this month.

Yeah, I remeber those. I had a couple of them when I was like five, or something. My cat got a hold of one once. My cat was a prick and I hated it, so I took it away from her. Then she scratched me :???:

I had this one:

madball14.gif

Madballs were the shit. I remember blowing alot of allowance money on Madballs and Garbage Pail Kids back in the day. Ahhhh, memories......

We used to play Mad-baseball using these when I was younger. It was more of a hybrid of baseball and kickball since you could throw the ball at the runner. We used miniature replica bats that we got at Brewer's games, but I don't remember all the weird rules we came up with.

I do remember that the Madballs were very unpredictable when hit because the surface isn't flat like normal baseballs.

Ahhh, the memories.

Anyone remember the 2nd series with "Freaky Fullback" and the other non-baseball ones?

I had a ton of Madballs stuff, including the comics and a few of the "books." The books were fucking awesome. I STILL have the Madballs Almanac and I know exactly where it is. I may have to scan a page or two from it later.

There was a terrible cartoon...where the balls were in a rock band and they sang "Great Balls of Fire". Remember? Ugh :)

'Thought i'd share; i still have the following balls of the mad variety:

sue_loves_balls.jpg

-V

I have some MadBalls comic books in my attic.

I also have a MadBalls comic book ad that I scanned onto my computer, a few years back. I'll post it when I get home...

[quote name='Brak']I have some MadBalls comic books in my attic.

I also have a MadBalls comic book ad that I scanned onto my computer, a few years back. I'll post it when I get home...[/QUOTE]

"WE LIVE IN A GROSS-ERY!"

Snivletch = best mad scientist assistant ever

[quote name='KaneRobot']"WE LIVE IN A GROSS-ERY!"

Snivletch = best mad scientist assistant ever[/QUOTE]
Those comics were actually good. MadBalls comics were from the wave of Marvel Comics based on Saturday morning cartoons, which I have a ton of in my attic.

bread's done
Back