Anyone remember that game show with video games?

The 7th Number

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I have a slight memory of a game show where kids had to play a video game and try to outscore the other contestant. This was a long time ago, so they were playing some nes style arcade games. There was 4-8 different arcade machines they could play. After all these years the only thing i can remember about it is the game named "kabuki quantum fighter". That name just stuck in my brain all these years. But does anyone remember what that show was called?

is it the one when they competing by playing TMNT 2 on the NES? at the end one kid gets to grab as much NES games and stick it to his/her body and run through the maze or some sort before time ends. thats is all i remember and i want to know what show that one is called.

180px-Nick_Arcade_Mikey.jpg

Still comes on daily on one of the four or five Nick channels. I watched it the other day, actually.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I have a slight memory of a game show where kids had to play a video game and try to outscore the other contestant. This was a long time ago, so they were playing some nes style arcade games. There was 4-8 different arcade machines they could play. After all these years the only thing i can remember about it is the game named "kabuki quantum fighter". That name just stuck in my brain all these years. But does anyone remember what that show was called?[/quote]

There was a famous show when I was younger in the 80s called like Starcade. YOu can find some of the episodes on DVD thanks to fansites.

It was every kids dream to get on Starcade. YOu had to play with like your parent(s), answer stupid questions, maybe win one of those awesome arcade machines.

What was the game show where at the end, the kid who won got to run around supermarket sweep style, and grab a ton of videogames?

A youtube video would be nice too if anyone remembers the name of this show.

[quote name='RawisJericho']What was the game show where at the end, the kid who won got to run around supermarket sweep style, and grab a ton of videogames?

A youtube video would be nice too if anyone remembers the name of this show.[/quote]

I don't think I've ever heard of the show you're talking about.

anyone remember arena?

[quote name='RawisJericho']What was the game show where at the end, the kid who won got to run around supermarket sweep style, and grab a ton of videogames?

A youtube video would be nice too if anyone remembers the name of this show.[/QUOTE]

I remember this show, it was on really early in the morning. I think it was also on early in the NES's lifetime. I always remember kids getting like 7 copies of Iron Sword and 13 Shadowgate. They wore velcro suits and stuck the games to themselves.

It was called Video Power. And it was awesome.

Tough to find videos nowadays, but I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find some.

There was another video game show on network TV that had like an obsticle course at the end where kids got like 2-3 nes games.

[quote name='SL4IN']I don't think I've ever heard of the show you're talking about.

anyone remember arena?[/quote]

Well you are four years younger than me, and I barely remember this game show so that could be the reason why.

I always remember the winner grabbing tons of NES game boxes and me just drooling over the thought of getting to do it.

Actually, I think there were different stations or something like that and the kid had to run around and stick the games to them self with velcro or something like that.

I could be thinking about a few shows combined into one though....

I never really liked Arena.

A youtube video would be nice too if anyone remembers the name of this show.[/QUOTE]

i remember that show but cant remember the name

also i wonder why they took starcade off G4 used love to watch that show

im shocke they never made an updated version of it

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']They wore velcro suits and stuck the games to themselves.[/QUOTE]
I still do my grocery shopping this way.

(yes, I eat nothing but teflon)

theres been like 3 videogame gameshows. nick arcade, video power and there was one in the 80s where they always ended it playing dungeons and dragons the laser disk game. man i wish i could have been on video power. that host was a douchebag but the games they gave away were sweet.

Wow this thread really exploded, wasnt expecting that. I think the show i was looking for was video power. But i do remember Nick Arcade too. Those were cool shows. Thanks for all the replies!

Nick Arcade was awesomely bad. I don't think I ever saw anyone actually get Mikey to the end point of the board before time ran out.

I would be stoked if roms/batches for the Nick Arcade games came out.

The opening games played in the "face-off" were all games developed specifically for the show. They were all developed by Psygnosis, now part of Sony of Europe, whose biggest claim to fame, at least in my opinion, is Wipeout. The games included:

Meteoroids
Laser Surgeon
Post-Haste
Jet Jocks
Crater Rangers
Brainstorm
Battle Of The Bands
Star Defenders

I think the kids running through the store grabbing videogames and stuff was that toysrus sweepstakes they always aired on nick a long time ago.

[quote name='karmapolice']I think the kids running through the store grabbing videogames and stuff was that toysrus sweepstakes they always aired on nick a long time ago.[/quote]

No it is video power. Check out the first page of this thread.

When I was kid, there was a local tv station in NYC called 'WPIX 11', channel 11 obv.

They had a segment that aired during commercial breaks, where they picked a caller, and put them on the air, and they got to play an Intellivision game. There was football, and some space shooty type game. You didnt get to pick which one you played.

The way you played on the phone was you yelled 'PIX' and your gun would shoot, or your quarterback would throw a pass. I didnt realize this as a little kid, but all this was, was someone in the tv studio playing the game on the Intellivision and simply pushing the button whenever the caller yelled 'PIX!'.

If you completed enough passes, or killed enough alien ships, then you won a prize.

This segment led to two main playing strategies from the callers. They would either try to time their shots like "...........PIX!..............PIX!...." or they would go crazy and yell as fast as they could "PIXPIXPIXPIXPIXPIXPIX!" until they ran out of breath. You got to play for 30 seconds, and I think the entire segment was one minute long.

I remember Video Power replaced the Super Mario Bros. Club (I think it was called this. It was a show where they had two guys who would hang out in this lounge area, and they'd air Mario and Zelda cartoons) which had replaced the Super Mario Bros. Show.

bread's done
Back