Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

Just beat Jade Empire for the second time (what a great game).

I've been playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II of and on with my brother. I also play a lot of Chessmaster.

I'd love to be playing Secret Weapons Over Normandy again but as I only own the Xbox version and MS kicks me in the nuts in terms of BC, I can't.

Someday I'm going to have to haul out the original system to play through it again.

Started playing through POP:SOT today. I forgot how challenging a lot of the puzzles are, a lot of fun.

Also got "The Matrix Path of Neo" coming from Goozex (as my free game for signing up this month). I'm a pretty big Matrix fan, and thought Enter The Matrix wad decent. So for free, I'll try it out. Worse comes to worse, I "sell it" back to Goozex.

[quote name='lordwow']Started playing through POP:SOT today. I forgot how challenging a lot of the puzzles are, a lot of fun.

Also got "The Matrix Path of Neo" coming from Goozex (as my free game for signing up this month). I'm a pretty big Matrix fan, and thought Enter The Matrix wad decent. So for free, I'll try it out. Worse comes to worse, I "sell it" back to Goozex.[/QUOTE]
Path Of Neo was pretty fun, but I lost motivation to finish it when you get to the part where you have to find new people to pull from the Matrix.

I've been playin' Half-Life 2 lately, thanks too chakan, he sent it too me for free. It's a GREAT game, I love it.

[quote name='CAGIronMan']I've been playin' Half-Life 2 lately, thanks too chakan, he sent it too me for free. It's a GREAT game, I love it.[/quote]
Better on PC.

>_>

[quote name='CAGIronMan']I've been playin' Half-Life 2 lately, thanks too chakan, he sent it too me for free. It's a GREAT game, I love it.[/quote]
Better on PC.

>_>

I picked up Half-Life 2 for $5 at Best Buy a few weeks back...WOW what a great game. It might be better on PC, but for the price I paid, I'm more than happy with my purchase. It's a remarkable game, and one of the few FPSes that really sucked me in and made its world seem somewhat like a real one.

I've been on a pretty big Xbox kick over the past couple of weeks - I'll probably go to GS sometime this week and snag some super-cheap games that have slipped through my hands like Freedom Fighters, Conker, and the KOTORs.

I'm trying to get through the Bioware RPGs on the Xbox before I hit Mass Effect. Now it's KOTOR 2, then Jade Empire. I might also start up the GTA games before I get into GTA IV.

Got San Andreas off Goozex and have had Vice City since I really went down to Florida so I could train how to live with those people.

Playing through SA right now, gonna hit up VC after that. Only way to do it after finishing up IV

Sort of suprised the forum is as dead as it is, when you get the B1G1 topic on the deal page, and it's exploding. People are playing their old Xbox's, just not talking here about it.

Currently playing quite a bit on the old Xbox (over the last weekend, easily my most used system

Tiger Woods 2005 (first Tiger game for me, enjoying)
Harry Potter - Chamber of Secrets (love Harry Potter, enjoying the game)
Kung Fu Chaos - seems like it'll be a short game, but more fun than I expected coming in.
Dynasty Warriors 4 - First Dynasty Warriors game. Seems fun, but haven't gotten past the first level yet. Wondering if frustration will set in, game doesn't baby you in the beginning.

Top Spin - First Top Spin game. Got good reviews and cost $1. Enjoyed it for my first play, but seems like the tournaments take awhile, and can't save in between. That's unfortunate, with my current haul of games, this could struggle to get in, but it deserves some time.

My Xbox doesn't get a lot of game play because it is my media center device with tv shows and movies. When I do actually play games on it, it's normally: Burnout 3, Stubbs the Zombie, Jade Empire, any of the Medal of Honors, Hunter: The Reckoning, Doom 3, Halo 1 & 2. Yeah, I think that's it.

I started playing psychonauts again for the first time in months last week. It's amazingly good. I would probably have finished it by now, but my xbox started freezing up and acting weird, so I'm not going to use it again until i get some memory cards to back up my saves. I love my old xbox, but the hardware's pure shit. It's probably on it's last leg. :cry: After that, hoping it holds up, I'll probably give Otogi 2 a shot.

I just bought 2 Xboxes at garage sales 3 weeks ago and I've already collected about 24 games. Call of Duty 3 has been calling my name for the last week along with Half-life 2 and I just started KOTOR II.

Man, what a great system I missed out on for the last 6 1/2 years. I've played xbox games with friends for short periods, but I'm really amazed at the convenience of having a harddrive in the system, not to mention the better framerate, and music storage.

I've got a question I hope somebody can answer for me: Can I still get an Xbox live account and are there any xbox live downloads and game servers still available? Were there any live arcade titles for this thing?

And, can I play system link games over ethernet or do I have to buy a crossover cable ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You can do it over a standard ethernet cable as long as you have a hub or switch to connect the other system to. I don't remember there being a huge amount of content to download for the original Xbox. Doesn't mean there wasn't any, I just don't remember it. I'm not sure if you can still sign up for a live account through the original Xbox dash.

I've looked at the microsoft website and have seen the list of games that have DLC, I was just wondering if there are xbox live games you can download too. I've seen a Pacman disk for the original xbox that was titled xbox live arcade, but I cant find any other info about that kind of DLC.

[quote name='bmulligan']I've looked at the microsoft website and have seen the list of games that have DLC, I was just wondering if there are xbox live games you can download too. I've seen a Pacman disk for the original xbox that was titled xbox live arcade, but I cant find any other info about that kind of DLC.[/quote]

In (at least some) XBL starter kits, there was a Ms. Pac-man game Xbox arcade disc. You stuck that disc in, and it would connect to Live, to the arcade, where you could try and buy games. I was never really that impressed, and prices seemed too high for me.

I have the disc, and it is very doubtful that I'll use it again, PM me if you need one.

I have arcade games on my hard drive from the previous owner and I was wondering how to access them. Judging by the file size, they are not saves, but the actual games. So how do I start them up?

[quote name='Danil ACE']I have arcade games on my hard drive from the previous owner and I was wondering how to access them. Judging by the file size, they are not saves, but the actual games. So how do I start them up?[/quote]

Is there around 8-12 saves in that XBL Arcade file? If so, that's one of the demo discs that copied them to the HDD. To access them, you need to get one of the arcade discs.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Is there around 8-12 saves in that XBL Arcade file? If so, that's one of the demo discs that copied them to the HDD. To access them, you need to get one of the arcade discs.[/quote]

Yes. This is correct. Again, I have an arcade disc if you're interested. Cover shipping and it's yours.

Thanks for the offer, but I just got a Goozex match last night. Hopefuly he'll actully send it.

How high were the prices, anyway ?

I got it for under a buck during the last GS coupon...

:cool:

I bought it full price for the PS2 when it hit, traded it in for a Slim PS2 during a promo and missed it.

Right now when I fire up the ol' behemoth, I'm playing Rogue Trooper

Yep im still playing mine. most of the games i liked to play aren’t emulated on the 360. Also you cant beat the original controller, best thing known to man.

did anyone ever play the Syberia games? I still play them, the visuals were amazing. t is unfortunate they they didn't emulated them for the 360.

[quote name='Frostbittenwolf']did anyone ever play the Syberia games? I still play them, the visuals were amazing. t is unfortunate they they didn't emulated them for the 360.[/quote]

I got those games for my sister to play. Good stuff.
Not really my type of game to play ,but nice to watch others play.

I havent gotten a original Xbox yet ( I will be with in the next few weeks). I think the first game I will play through will be Jade Empire again. My backlog for Xbox is as follows. I have to start all from scratch.

Psychonauts (made it a few worlds through)
Jade Empire (beat it before)
Kotor (played it 30 hours or so)
KotoR II (never played)
Raze's Hell (never played)
Phantom Dust (never played)
Tom Clancy 3 pack (played all of em)
Burnout 3 (played a little)
NFL 2k5 (played like it was my job)
Think there is a few more.

I'll probably go back and play Mega Man Anniversary Collection again before MM9 comes out.

Someday I'll get around to that unopened Metal Gear Solid 2...someday...

How is that Toejam & Earl game for Xbox? I ask because one of my local GS stores has had a copy of it sitting in the used $10 and under bin for Xbox for over 6 months now. Is it anything like the Genesis/SNES ones?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How is that Toejam & Earl game for Xbox? I ask because one of my local GS stores has had a copy of it sitting in the used $10 and under bin for Xbox for over 6 months now. Is it anything like the Genesis/SNES ones?[/quote]

I thought it was pretty bad, plus it gave me motion sickness. It should only be like $7 or so. Even less with the coupon. I would pick it up if you are at all interested. You could sell it on ebay or probably trade it in to some local store and lost nothing or very little.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How is that Toejam & Earl game for Xbox? I ask because one of my local GS stores has had a copy of it sitting in the used $10 and under bin for Xbox for over 6 months now. Is it anything like the Genesis/SNES ones?[/quote]

I liked it enough to play through it and beat it. Essentially similar to the first.
But it gets repetitive, too many weak but annoying bad guys, corny "ghetto" jokes, and I'm saying that as a huge fan of the original.

If you're going to play it with another person, go ahead and try it, but alone, probably not unless you're a big fan.

Haven't stopped playing Unreal Championship 2 on my Xbox, and don't plan to. Love UT, but UC2 just does things UT never has done, and no other FPS ever has as well.

Would still be playing with Morrowind occasionally if I didn't grab the PC version. Love MW on the Xbox, but DAMMIT are the initial loads, or when you die and reload times HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE.

I bought the following from the gs b2g1 sale

Beyond Good & Evil
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
for 11 dollars and some change.
and
Return to Castle Wolfenstein 1.99

bread's done
Back