Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

[quote name='TheCapn010']A tale of souls and swords eternally retold...
SOULLLLL CALIBURRRR, TWOOOOOOO[/QUOTE]

I feel like I got a split personality on these: I've got Soul Calibur on Dreamcast, Soul Calibur 2 on Gamecube, and Soul Calibur 3 on PS2. Most of what I remember playing has degenerated to Ivy whipping things *spin spin spin spin*

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I feel like I got a split personality on these: I've got Soul Calibur on Dreamcast, Soul Calibur 2 on Gamecube, and Soul Calibur 3 on PS2. Most of what I remember playing has degenerated to Ivy whipping things *spin spin spin spin*[/QUOTE]

LOL -- I have the exact same breakout (though I also have SC2 on Xbox). I haven't picked up SC4 though. I'm not that into the SC series anymore. To be honest, I feel the game has almost not evolved at all since 2. 3 was clearly a result of Sony paying Namco for an exclusive :)

I've been playing through Jade Empire again recently and I suddenly want a sequel really bad. It's a great game, but man the combat really blows at times.

[quote name='romeogbs19']To be honest, I feel the game has almost not evolved at all since 2. 3 was clearly a result of Sony paying Namco for an exclusive :)[/QUOTE]

Kinda with you there. The AI in SC4 is either an idiot, or a cheating whore, not much of a balance there.

I recently finished up each story mode for every character in SC4 on :360:. Now going back to finish weapon master mode with Link in SC2 on :gc:, while starting my campaign with Spawn in SC2 on :xbox: this after wrapping up SC3 on :ps2: many years ago.

Soul Calibur 4 does have a nice roster of selectable characters; but Rock and Lizardman? wtf?! padding material. SC4 has a nice and wide variety of non-playable characters, but I have no idea how to recreate them identically in character creation mode.

It's definitely good to see the growing roster after each reiteration.

[quote name='GhostShark']I've been playing through Jade Empire again recently and I suddenly want a sequel really bad. It's a great game, but man the combat really blows at times.[/QUOTE]Power saw to the people! Awesome avatar.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Kinda with you there. The AI in SC4 is either an idiot, or a cheating whore, not much of a balance there.

I recently finished up each story mode for every character in SC4 on :360:. Now going back to finish weapon master mode with Link in SC2 on :gc:, while starting my campaign with Spawn in SC2 on :xbox: this after wrapping up SC3 on :ps2: many years ago.

Soul Calibur 4 does have a nice roster of selectable characters; but Rock and Lizardman? wtf?! padding material. SC4 has a nice and wide variety of non-playable characters, but I have no idea how to recreate them identically in character creation mode.

It's definitely good to see the growing roster after each reiteration.[/QUOTE]I need to finish up SC4. . . Spawn is awesome in SC2. Still haven't played 3 that much. I don't quite see how Rock and Lizardman are padding. Lizardman, while a variant of Sophitia, has been in the series since Calibur 1 on DC when he was unlockable after playing for a certain amount of time. And I've been playing Rock since Soul Blade on the PSX. We wore that game out. Rock and Taki are my best characters. I'd rather drop a Rock variant than Rock himself.

I haven't played an original Xbox game in years, however I just received Aggressive Inline the other day through Goozex and have been playing it a bit. I forgot how much fun the Acclaim "extreme" sports titles were. I may have to snag a copy of Dave Mirra 2 one of these days now.

I played a lot of XBox games over the summer. I played through Tony Hawk 2X, Tony Hawk's Underground, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, SSX Tricky and am working on Rallisport Challenge 2 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 now.

After falling head over heels with Splinter Cell: Conviction, I've thought about booting up the old Splinter Cell games (I have the first three on XBOX) -- but something tells me I'm going to be disappointed ;-)

If the SC games don't do it, I might go back to the PoP trilogy or Fatal Frame 1 and 2 -- never played those (My FF2 is still sealed) -- problem is my lack of time. Odds are I'll start and never finish. :whistle2:(

Kotor 1 & 2 and Jade empire are next on my play list once i finish Mass effect 2 and halo reach. i also really want to get back to Full spectrum warrior

I just picked up Freedom Fighters, mainly because it's 720p resolution and I wanted to see what the ol' box was capable of in HD. Of all the dozens of other games I have, none of them were > 480p. Supposedly it's a pretty good game besides...

[quote name='dark-star']I just picked up Freedom Fighters, mainly because it's 720p resolution and I wanted to see what the ol' box was capable of in HD. Of all the dozens of other games I have, none of them were > 480p. Supposedly it's a pretty good game besides...[/QUOTE]Soul Calibur 2 is 720p and awesome looking. Strangely it is only in 4x3 despite being in 720. Still awesome. Freedom Fighters was pretty good. I'm starting up on the Brothers In Arms series. Just started Road to Hill 30.

My son played Halo 3, does anyone think I should buy Halo or Halo 2 or are they too old already and maybe he will not enjoy them? Do you think they are worth playing? I am going to pick up the new Halo reach for him.

[quote name='mickeyp']My son played Halo 3, does anyone think I should buy Halo or Halo 2 or are they too old already and maybe he will not enjoy them? Do you think they are worth playing? I am going to pick up the new Halo reach for him.[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed the original two more than the third game. Then again, I played them both when they first came out in order. Halo 1 is my favorite but he might find it a bit simplistic compared to the third game. I liked Halo 2 for the online features but those are now long gone. They are cheap enough though, so it's not a horrible way to spend some cash.

For anyone playing KotOR II: How are the performance issues on the original Xbox?

I've been trying to go back through on the 360 and the framerate slows to single digits in basically every single damn fight so I'm just wondering if it'd be worth it to dig out the old Xbox instead.

Thanks in advance!

My PS2 was my main console up until last January, then i bought the first Brothers in arms game for the Xbox. As i wanted to compare it to the PS2 version. Needless to say, the Xbox isn't the console collecting dust.

Currently playin Morrowind and it's just amazing!

[quote name='Haemogoblin']My PS2 was my main console up until last January, then i bought the first Brothers in arms game for the Xbox. As i wanted to compare it to the PS2 version. Needless to say, the Xbox isn't the console collecting dust.

Currently playin Morrowind and it's just amazing![/QUOTE]

Morrowind is quite good, but compared to Oblivion the graphics make me want to stab my eyes out. :rofl: Of course, a game like Morrowind doesn't need amazing graphics.

Of course, I stopped playing Morrowind a couple weeks after I got it because my character is in a glitch state now. He got his fatigue knocked all the way down (so any hit knocks him to the floor), and EVERYTIME I get back up to my feet I get punched again and knocked back to the floor. I can't teleport and can't get back to my feet to make it to the door, and don't have anything to replenish my fatigue, so I'm forever stuck getting punched and getting knocked back down.

I just had a nice renaissance with the system, finishing 007: From Russia with Love

007: From Russia with Love

Quick run-though, fun and easy to play. Not as intense as Everything or Nothing, but has some really fun "gaming" moments and holds up very well graphically. The voice acting is a highlight as Sean Connery reprised his role as the quintessential Bond. It's an action game that isn't terribly difficult with fair checkpoint system. Rarely was I ever upset with being finished off from an event that was out of my control. My only negatives stem from the driving controls on a few Istanbul levels where the car accelerates too fast and the directions are sometimes unclear. I'd anticipate the average gamer taking 6-8 hours to beat this.

I have a disc, manual, and cover art available that I'll send out for $1 + shipping.

Bumping this up. Where the OG xbox guys at?

Finally went through with turning my xbox into a completely set up media center (upgraded hard drive, movies and media, all cover art, "XTV" theme which is a take on Apple TV, tons of homebrew games, etc, its pretty bad ass). Been picking up systems for around $20 on craigslist over the years, but never really got into doing anything with them. I think I'm going to make a Texas Rangers themed box, repaint my current box with a longhorns theme, and maybe a few other projects. Good project for me to do over the summer, and not very expensive.

As far as the games, I've been playing a lot of NHL 94 if that counts. Keep telling myself I'm going to finish KOTOR, but I've probably played through the first few levels 100 times and never actually finished it.

My original Xbox stopped working but if it was I'd definitely be playing Def Jam: Fight for NY and maybe Phantasy Star Online E1&2. It really sucks that neither of these are backward compatible. They should at least be On Demand :whistle2:(
Does Xbox/Microsoft accept game requests somehow?

I've recently finished Need for Speed Underground, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Secret Weapons Over Normandy and Max Payne 2. I just started XIII and I'll be playing Beyond Good & Evil next.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Bumping this up. Where the OG xbox guys at?

As far as the games, I've been playing a lot of NHL 94 if that counts. Keep telling myself I'm going to finish KOTOR, but I've probably played through the first few levels 100 times and never actually finished it.[/QUOTE]Stick with KOTOR. It is absolutely worth it. I need to actually play KOTOR 2 and Jade Empire. Should do another KOTOR runthrough, but I've only got so much time.

[quote name='AZR43L']My original Xbox stopped working but if it was I'd definitely be playing Def Jam: Fight for NY and maybe Phantasy Star Online E1&2. It really sucks that neither of these are backward compatible. They should at least be On Demand :whistle2:(
Does Xbox/Microsoft accept game requests somehow?[/QUOTE]DJFFNY is awesome! When's the last time they've even added a og xbox game to On Demand? I'm pretty sure they are all games that are already BC though.

[quote name='neocisco']I've recently finished Need for Speed Underground, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Secret Weapons Over Normandy and Max Payne 2. I just started XIII and I'll be playing Beyond Good & Evil next.[/QUOTE]XIII is underrated and cool. How's Underground?

Since I got the reach beta disc I figure it's time to play through the halo series. I'm halfway thru level three of halo 1. After that will be finishing the PoP series from 2 on, Splinter Cell series from 2 on and then Brothers In Arms. I just had ACL surgery so I figure I'll have smoe more time for gaming.

NFSU was good, I really enjoyed it. Graphically, I thought it looked it great. A lot of options for visually tricking out the car. Solid, arcade-style gameplay.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Stick with KOTOR. It is absolutely worth it. I need to actually play KOTOR 2 and Jade Empire. Should do another KOTOR runthrough, but I've only got so much time.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's one of my all time favorite games, but I've played through half of it so many times.. Once I got pretty much near the end but all of my saves got deleted, except the one where I was literally 3 seconds from dying and there was nothing I could do.. So I started over and got pretty far, then my xbox died, etc. Between that and the PC version I've probably put like 100 hours into this game haha, but like you said, i'd have to do another playthrough and theres only so much time in a day.

I'm learning to play Chess with ChessMaster and learning to play Winning Eleven 8. Also recently brought Super Monkey Balls off ebay.

I played through Tony Hawk 3 last week, I still have a bunch of games from when GS had Buy 1 Get 2 free and am probably going to start on those games soon like Dave Mirra 2, Spy Hunter and Amped 2.

I almost picked up the first SW:KOTOR game and Robotech Invasion at a local second hand videogame shop, but was short on cash so I had to pass on both.

[quote name='GordonG3cko']I'm still playing Ninja Gaiden Black on the original Xbox.

I love this game.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Urban Chaos Riot Response. I still think it's one of the best underrated FPS games of the last generation.

It's cheesy as hell, but the replayability is crazy. I'm still trying to get 100% on all of the missions/difficulties.

I was never a huge fan of XBOX back in its heyday but I got a sudden urge to play Panzer Dragoon Orta a few weeks back and fired it up on my new TV (a Sony XBR960 HD CRT) using S-Video cables.
Holy hell did it look bad!

I did a little research and found out about the "High Definition AV Pack" adapter that lets you hook up the XBOX via Component and output 480p, 720p, and 1080i resolutions.
I found one on eBay for $11.50 shipped and it showed up this past Friday.
My games look amazing now! :)

Plus I've picked up quite a few games recently like Conker, Stubbs the Zombie, TRON 2.0, Star Wars Battlefront II, and Deus Ex 2 so I'm looking forward to trying them out in HD. :D

[quote name='Gameboy415']I was never a huge fan of XBOX back in its heyday but I got a sudden urge to play Panzer Dragoon Orta a few weeks back and fired it up on my new TV (a Sony XBR960 HD CRT) using S-Video cables.
Holy hell did it look bad!

I did a little research and found out about the "High Definition AV Pack" adapter that lets you hook up the XBOX via Component and output 480p, 720p, and 1080i resolutions.
I found one on eBay for $11.50 shipped and it showed up this past Friday.
My games look amazing now! :)

Plus I've picked up quite a few games recently like Conker, Stubbs the Zombie, TRON 2.0, Star Wars Battlefront II, and Deus Ex 2 so I'm looking forward to trying them out in HD. :D[/QUOTE]A few games default to 720p when connected with Component cables.
I think I paid $10 for a set of Monster component cables.

does anyone know if it is possible to play mvp 2005 online for old xbox? my friend and I have a season going but we would like to know if we could play each other without leaving our houses!

Just bought from Play-N-Trade for $15

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Tony Hawk: Pro Skater 3
ESPN NFL 2K5
NHL 2004

Also playing:
Halo: CE
Halo 2
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Star Wars Battlefront's 1 & 2
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts

I just picked up Battlefront II and Knights of the Old Republic for $5 each today from a Pawn Shop. Going to check them out. I think they both work on the 360.

Just started Jade Empire. Now let's see if I can actually finish it. I've started so many games and never finish them because I never have time. When I do, I forget about the ones I started and start a different one. Rinse and repeat! LOL.

I just bought a brand new, sealed copy of Indigo Prophecy for $15. I just had to have it in my collection, its an awesome game, and turned me on to Theory of a Deadman's music.

Fired up my NCAA Football 2006 dynasty the other day for the first time in a couple years. Over 450 victories :shock:, forgot how much I played that game (at the most, 50% of the games sim'ed).

If you didn't play it, in the '06 version, once you learn how to control the running back correctly and run the proper plays, it was pretty easy to dominate. Furthermore, if you started the dynasty with a few National Championships in a row, you could own the recruiting season and have a juggernaut team every single year.

After a few minutes of remembering how many college homework breaks this game was responsible for, I quickly remembered how I got booted by my create-a-school after like 20 some years of winning seasons, which kept me from surpassing Joe Pa's record of years at a school.

Seriously, how the fuck do you fire a coach who won you like 14 National Championships? Bastards.

Also started messing around in a new game of GTA3, but quickly got bored. I wish they would come out with an HD collection of the PS2/Xbox GTA's. I have it on PC, but the lack of true controller support irritates me. Plus trophies/achievements would be nice.

bread's done
Back