Anyone tried the Logitech F510 rumble gamepad?

Solid-Snake-Eyes

Do not touch.
Feedback
61 (100%)
I've been using my Dualshock 3 emulated to be a 360 wireless pad for PC games and that's working fine but I kinda like the idea of the buttons on the controller matching the button icons on-screen. Was considering this controller and wondered if anyone has experience with it? Would someone who likes the feel of the Dualshock find this comfortable, or is there anything else I should know about it? I found it for $35 here in Canada. Thanks.

wireless-gamepad-f510feature-image.png

I've seen the 310 for around that but I want rumble. I almost picked up the 710 at Best Buy today to see how it felt and then maybe return it and buy a 510 elsewhere but I decided not to. For some reason BB only carries the 310 and 710.

This is far from good experience but I played with an open box F310 at best buy (I know, I know). Half or more of the games I bother playing using a gamepad on a PC require the D-pad, and this thing does not have a very good d-pad. It reminds me of an old gravis PC gamepad, with an equally poor d-pad.

Other PC gamepad options include (in order of preference by me):

1. Dualshock 2 with hardware adapter. Close to perfect. Cheap, good d-pad, lightweight, no batteries.
2. Dualshock 3 via 3rd party software with ads. Works OK, software is fiddly and has ads. No noticeable lag (wired, haven't bothered with bluetooth yet). Not bad overall.
3. Xbox 360 wired or charge and play. Very good overall, especially for non-d-pad games, but still, the d-pad is not as good as the other options listed above.
4. Wiimote + Classic Pro. Feels great, light, nice D-pad. Requires bluetooth on your PC, batteries, 2 controllers with a wire in the middle. Remappable keys with GlovePie. I might be imagining it, but I believe there is a smidgen of lag. GlovePie takes a little while to understand, but easy to use.

bread's done
Back