Anyone try Moto GP 08 ?

fshaia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know it just came out, but it takes these rental places around here forever to get in new titles, and just wanted some input before I buy it, I hope you use the Wii-mote like the handlebars on real motorcycles. Thanks

OK, I tried this game. It sucks. Really bad. It controls like crap, doesn't look all that good and is not even remotely fun. The whole time I played (for about a hour) I was thinking that Hang-On for the Sega Master System was more fun, and that was the same four or five tracks over and over again.

If you really like motorcycles, I guess it's the best motorcyle-specific game I've played (not a lot of competition on the Wii), but really you'd be better off with Mario Kart. Or Nascar Kart racing if you're tired of Mario Kart.

Thanks, I really do like motorcycles, and I wasn't expecting it to look all that good, but after all the delays, I was hoping the controls would be good, guess it's not even worth buying used for 20% off ?

[quote name='fshaia']Thanks, I really do like motorcycles, and I wasn't expecting it to look all that good, but after all the delays, I was hoping the controls would be good, guess it's not even worth buying used for 20% off ?[/quote]
I'm not a motorcycle fan by any means, so I couldn't really speak to the accuracy of the bikes. It's not so much that the game looks bad, it's just very bland looking beyond what you would expect from a race course. I tried a few of the control methods and they were all needlessly touchy considering how much of the screen the track takes up and how much of the track the bike takes up. It's slightly better than Nitro Bike, MX vs ATV or Baja 1000, but that's not saying much.

I don't know that I'd recommend this to anyone but someone who really, really likes motorcycle racing and even then I think $10-15 would be my recommendation. At that point, you're better off joining Gamefly for a month and at least getting to try a few games.

[quote name='wii skiier']I'm not a motorcycle fan by any means, so I couldn't really speak to the accuracy of the bikes. It's not so much that the game looks bad, it's just very bland looking beyond what you would expect from a race course. I tried a few of the control methods and they were all needlessly touchy considering how much of the screen the track takes up and how much of the track the bike takes up. It's slightly better than Nitro Bike, MX vs ATV or Baja 1000, but that's not saying much.

I don't know that I'd recommend this to anyone but someone who really, really likes motorcycle racing and even then I think $10-15 would be my recommendation. At that point, you're better off joining Gamefly for a month and at least getting to try a few games.[/quote]

One more question, did you rent it or buy it ? I can't find anywhere around here to rent it, and GS is about the only ones around here that have it for sale, and they don't have any used ones, Thanks again

[quote name='fshaia']One more question, did you rent it or buy it ? I can't find anywhere around here to rent it, and GS is about the only ones around here that have it for sale, and they don't have any used ones, Thanks again[/quote]
Just rented it. I rent a ton of things because I like to try everything. Gamefly has it for rent and one of my Blockbusters had it (they get their new rental games on Fridays). I haven't seen it for sale so far, but it seems like the kind of game Target would order and then clearance quickly.

I hate to say it, but I'm really starting to get annoyed at Capcom's half-assed Wii "support." They're quickly overtaking Ubisoft in my List of Wii Third Parties Who Need To Get Hit With A Clue-By-Four...

--R.J.

bread's done
Back