Anyone use Marvel Digital Comics?

Ibramgaunt249

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but was curious if anyone uses Marvel's site to read comics. Recently have got back into reading them, and was looking for decent prices to catch up on some stuff I've missed. $60 for a year seems pretty reasonable, glanced through the library and saw a few of the things I was looking into buying. Was also looking at the psp thing but the selection is extremely limited and similar prices to physical copies.

But was looking for some opinions of people who have used it, is it worth it in your opinion? Also, how long does it take them up update with new releases, and anything wrong with the reader? Worked really well when I was reading some of the samples, hoping this is normal?

But yeah, any insight and or advice is appreciated, couldn't find much in the way of reviews on the interwebs.

I'm subscribing once the Marvel: Universe figure promo for the year starts.. suppose to be a Norman Osborn in Hammer suit you can order for shipping if you pay $25 for 3 months of the digital comics... not sure how the service is though, sorry.

I signed up for a year to get the Nick Fury figure and I hate it. I have used it twice since I got it. I just cannot get beyond how awful the comic reader is compared to cdisplay.

I had a freee month thanks to some promotion, I think Dr. Pepper.

It's much easier to use a CBR reader and get the comics through...other means. Easier to read, take with you...

You can't start a book on your computer, then take it say to the bedroom on a PSP or iPod Touch to finish. There are no download options.

[quote name='Ibramgaunt249']Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but was curious if anyone uses Marvel's site to read comics. Recently have got back into reading them, and was looking for decent prices to catch up on some stuff I've missed. $60 for a year seems pretty reasonable, glanced through the library and saw a few of the things I was looking into buying. Was also looking at the psp thing but the selection is extremely limited and similar prices to physical copies.

But was looking for some opinions of people who have used it, is it worth it in your opinion? Also, how long does it take them up update with new releases, and anything wrong with the reader? Worked really well when I was reading some of the samples, hoping this is normal?

But yeah, any insight and or advice is appreciated, couldn't find much in the way of reviews on the interwebs.[/QUOTE]

No idea about the service, but I just pm'd you the code for a free month from the Dr.pepper promo thing so you can check it out for yourself if you want.

[quote name='crowbb']I signed up for a year to get the Nick Fury figure and I hate it. I have used it twice since I got it. I just cannot get beyond how awful the comic reader is compared to cdisplay.[/QUOTE]

*glare* I missed out on the Fury figure...

Well if it makes you feel any better the face sculpt is not very good. He does not look like Nick Fury at all, though the rest of him is pretty awesome.

[quote name='georox']*glare* I missed out on the Fury figure...[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back