Anyone watching the news right now?

cool, finally hit the sites

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20091015/NEWS01/91015015&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL
Officials trying to rescue 6-year-old from experimental aircraft

Officials in Larimer County are actively searching for a child who literally floated away from his family's home on an experimental aircraft.

According to the Larimer County Sheriff's Department, the 6-year-old boy's family had been building an experimental aircraft which had a large helium balloon attached at their home on Fossil Ridge Road in Fort Collins.

On Thursday morning, according to the family and officials, the boy got onto the aircraft and detached the rope holding it in place.

The aircraft is described by the sheriff's office as a dome-shaped, 20 foot, 5 foot aircraft covered with foil.

Viewer Lisa Eklund sent photos of an aircraft in the air near her home on Saturn Drive, also in Fort Collins.

The Federal Aviation Administration is working to track the aircraft on its radar tower and has notified the Denver International Airport.

The Weld County Sheriff's Office says the boy was last seen two miles south of Evans, near County Road 46 and Highway 85.

9NEWS and Sky9 are following this story and will continue to provide updates as they are available

This little kid is hauling ass.

The National Guard is going to try and launch a helicopter to rescue him. That should be fun to watch.

it is moving fast! It's mesmerizing! Man this kid is going to have a story to tell his grandkids!

[quote name='bordjon']it is moving fast! It's mesmerizing! Man this kid is going to have a story to tell his grandkids![/QUOTE]
...Or...maybe.. not...

I don't know if its an optical illusion with the view from the helicopter as it rotates around the balloon and the background moves fast or what but either way that balloon appears to be booking at a major rate.

Absolutely crazy situation.

We've been watching it in our office at work. We always monitor the news in our office, and saw this as soon as they picked up the video feed.

EDIT: Damn. Hurry up and check it.

So...where the hell is the kid?

Good news: their son wasn't in the balloon.
Bad news: you lost your six year old.

I hope the kid is OK... this is something straight out of movie though it'd be hillarious if it weren't real life

Something tells me this is a sick joke from the kids to the parents that went too far.

What sibling would watch their 6 year old little brother undo a rope and watch them fly away?

[quote name='lordopus99']Something tells me this is a sick joke from the kids to the parents that went too far.

What sibling would watch their 6 year old little brother undo a rope and watch them fly away?[/QUOTE]

how do you know the brother was anywhere near him when he saw it though... and when you're a kid we all do some fucking stupid things as we are witnessing now.

[quote name='lordopus99']Something tells me this is a sick joke from the kids to the parents that went too far.

What sibling would watch their 6 year old little brother undo a rope and watch them fly away?[/QUOTE]
Clearly you've never had a little brother.

[quote name='Galego23']how do you know the brother was anywhere near him when he saw it though... and when you're a kid we all do some fucking stupid things as we are witnessing now.[/QUOTE]

Taken from latest news on CNN.com...
"Margie Martinez of the Weld County Sheriff's Office said a sibling saw Falcon Heene climb into the basket before the balloon took off from his parents' home."

You also got to think... shouldn't the kids be in school?

Or never been the big brother... yeah yeah get in we will act like its flying...ooops there goes the rope holding it down..

This is just too wierd... we are all getting pranked or something..

I wonder if the kid fell out right away...

For that matter, what parent would tie down an experimental balloon that can go 10,000 feet in the air with a rope instead of a lock/chain when you have kids around?

I hope the kid is alright, but I doubt this will end well.

witnesses are reporting seeing something fall from the balloon... yeah this isn't going to have a happy ending looks like.... =/

The balloon landed fucking two hours away from where they live that is insane...

I guess the Dad is a nutjob. Experts are also saying it wouldn't be able to hold the kid, so if he was in it, it wouldn't have left the ground.

[quote name='lokizz']reminds me of a childrens story. i swear there was a kids story that was kinda like that.[/QUOTE]

What where someones roof was re decorated with a 6 year old?

[quote name='KaneRobot']People are assuming he either fell out or wasn't in there in the first place.

Either way - oops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kinda like when people leave their baby in the car seat on top of the car.... oops

Ladies and gentlemen, when cop car chases get old, we have this.

Truth be told, I don't care either what happens to the little kid. I'm more interested in watching you guys react to this.

[quote name='lokizz']he could have been snatched out of the balloon by a winged pedophile.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps the balloon itself was the pedophile.

Who is going to pay for the fucking helicopter?

21308443_640X480.jpg

Nicolas Cage when he buys the movie rights as well.

Eccentric "scientist-slash-inventor" and his family chases storms in search of extraterrestrials until his son appears to float away in a giant party balloon? Feel good family hit of the fucking summer.

bread's done
Back