Anyone with a Linksys WRT54G router and wireless adapter?

John Ketch

CAGiversary!
I'm having some problems getting my hardware to sync up. I finally got over the Wireless Network test as part of the Xbox Live test connection, by switching to from WPA to WEP. Now, I can't get the damn IP address to hook up. I've entered it manually, let it try to connect automatically, and nothing seems to be working.

If anyone more technically inclined could help me out it would be much appreciated. I just want to set this up so I can use the Netflix function without being tethered to the router by an ethernet cable. Thanks.

bridge your ISP modem and let the 54g do all the work. Enable upnp and make sure dhcp is on. You don't need to manually assign an ip.

Search on Google for the brand and model number of your DSL modem and the term "bridge mode".

Bridge mode puts your DSL modem in a "dumb" state, where it's not doing any routing, and relies on a router, like your WRT54G, to do all the routing work on the network.

The router and the DSL modem may be fighting it out by both trying to do routing, and putting the DSL modem in bridge mode has the router do all the heavy lifting. I'd also make sure you have the most recent firmware from Linksys for the WRT54G. There have been numerous models of the WRT54G, so when you go to the Linksys site to check for latest firmware, make sure you check to see which model of WRT54G you have.

bread's done
Back