Anyplace to find older model mac's (new or like new?)

Dokstarr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Arg... this Christmas is really a pain in the ass. My insane mother is demanding she wants a Mac laptop for Christmas. She has no idea how to use a computer and just learned how to send e-mail and use facebook within the last 4 months, but she just keeps spouting nonsense about being part of the cloud.

I got her an iPad when they first came out, since that is really all she needs for using the internet but now she likes to refer to it as a child's toy, and non-Mac won't cut it (because some of her friends have them). She is nuts, but what can I do?

Anyway, is there any place I can get older models (like 2 or 3 years old) for a good amount less than what they were when they came out, or even used-like new ones (that comes with some paper-work, warranty) that are a good amount cheaper. It just feels ridiculous to spend over a thousand dollars to use youtube and get something because "it is white".

I'm tempted to try and get a used-like new one of C-list or something, but then she'd flip if she ever found out or if something stopped working on it.

Sorry that this post is half venting.

MacMall.com. Plenty of last-gen Macs, all with the standard Apple warranty in case something goes wrong.

bread's done
Back