APO/FPO Addresses... How hard is it going to be to get stuff? (Need Opinions)

Zakman86

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I was looking on EBay for some stuff, and I realized that a lot of people will only ship to Canada/US.

I'm have orders to Guam in February. Will it be hard to get games over there from Ebay/etc. because I'm at an APO address?

And more importantly, will people here still be willing to sell/trade with me, and is shipping any more/less?

Thanks,

-Zak

There should be no problem in getting games from ebay (unless the seller specifically says no military bases). The cost is no more than shipping to NY, CA or any other state on either coast.

I ship to military bases all the time, so your fine.

i have shipped to many weird places man. weirdest one is in a submarine???? but yea i've shipped to military bases too. shouldn't be a problem at all.

Military address shipping is too risky since Delivery Confirmation Number was not supported!!!! What if the Buyer lies to you about the shipping problem and demand refund?

From my experience in working in companies. It is a bit more risky and you might run into some speed bumps, specially from ebay and other users from here. Oline stores shouldnt be a problem though.

From a time standpoint expect to wait longer to get stuff. It took a solid two and a half weeks for me to get stuff in Baghdad

I only trade with people on bases if they send/pay first/same-time (since shipping takes quite a while IME) and don't mind that I can't get DC. Due to not being able to get DC I'd also only deal with someone that already has very good FB.

In addition to taking longer to ship it can also take longer to iron out a trade since you're usually dealing with somebody in a very different time zone from you. It's just much slower all around.

I kinda figured on the longer trade time. I was just mainly wondering if people are even willing to send out that way.

I appreciate all the responses.

Yeah, the USPS has to by law only charge as much to send to an APO/FPO as they do for anything else within the US. It's about as risky as sending anything else through them, main thing is that it takes longer. It basically gets sent to the base and then the military's mail people take care of it, which is why Delivery Confirmation isn't supported.

Oh, and USPS is the ONLY carrier that will send to an APO/FPO address.

It's no different than how it is for me now, then. (Stuff comes into Base Post office, I never have to sign DC)

My main question is, why do people on EBay charge TWICE AS MUCH to go to APO/FPO addresses then?

[quote name='Zakman86']It's no different than how it is for me now, then. (Stuff comes into Base Post office, I never have to sign DC)

My main question is, why do people on EBay charge TWICE AS MUCH to go to APO/FPO addresses then?[/QUOTE]
because they are punks

I've done a recent transaction to a GameTZ member at an APO... first transaction to an APO ever for me. Everything went smoothly (except that he's still looking for the US version of Sonic Adventure 2 and sent me the JP Birthday Pack in lieu of that), and it was great fun communicating with the trader.

In short, I have no problem shipping to an APO, but I will probably charge a bit more so I can get the Certified Mail option (only DC-style option for mail going out to APOs). I will at the very least insure what I send.

It's not difficult at all, as I've learned from this transaction, it's just a matter of patience and cooperation for both parties involved.

-Sailorneorune

I will send to APO/FPO addresses, I think it's the same price. I don't mention anything about it in my auctions though

My only thing is with that, since no DC is available, you have to have good feedback, and more than more than 5-10 or so. I also make sure to remind people that it does take longer, most people know that though.

bread's done
Back