Apology/Explanation is up. PM me if you haven't received tracking info!!!!!

[quote name='ethwang']Hey--I'm out almost $300! Since i have proof of transaction through PMs, Amazon order numbers (of both my gift card and subsequent transactions used with the gift card), can I file a report to local authorities? I still plan on waiting until the end of this weekend, but I'd like to know my options beforehand.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy the gift card with a credit card? maybe you can make a claim with your credit card company, and file a police report.

[quote name='Edwin29']Did you buy the gift card with a credit card? maybe you can make a claim with your credit card company, and file a police report.[/QUOTE]

I did. I will do that on Sunday--I plan on giving him the extent of the weekend before moving forward.

So do we plan on pulling all our funds out before tracking the guy down?
Or should we start mass calling/hunting him instead?

this guy is such a total prick, i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt even have kids. he probably just baby sat some kids and took pictures.

[quote name='masterchief2291']i sent him a pretty strongly worded message on XBL[/QUOTE]

I kind of thought it could be someone else using the Xbox, because honestly my girlfriend signs on all the time to watch movies and play games. But if nobody responds now then that is 100% evidence. What's his gamertag?

[quote name='Lazer77']I kind of thought it could be someone else using the Xbox, because honestly my girlfriend signs on all the time to watch movies and play games. But if nobody responds now then that is 100% evidence. What's his gamertag?[/QUOTE]

the cory jihad

[quote name='Zidail']Yep, if he doesn't answer this one, next step is to take it to all the people on his friends list.[/QUOTE]

what is that going to accomplish?

Message sent too. I really don't expect a response though. If he has balls he'd at least admit that he scammed us.

One of his band members has a pretty active facebook fan page. He might know if something has happened to him or his family.

edit: Also - I sent him an xbox message days ago with no response. Just throwing that out there.

[quote name='Zidail']Yep, if he doesn't answer this one, next step is to take it to all the people on his friends list.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='masterchief2291']what is that going to accomplish?[/QUOTE]

Who knows, but either way, if they're irl friends of his they'll probably tell him about it so it may just be another way of getting the message across to him that he should get back on the site.

OR

if something really did happen to him, they might have the decency to tell us whats going on.

[quote name='Zidail']Who knows, but either way, if they're irl friends of his they'll probably tell him about it so it may just be another way of getting the message across to him that he should get back on the site.

OR

if something really did happen to him, they might have the decency to tell us whats going on.[/QUOTE]

just accept that he scammed us. nothing happened to him. seriously you guys are getting repetitive.

for everyone who paid with amazon payments, DISPUTE. if he continues to ignore you, you win in 10 days.

for everyone else, get all your info together and file a police report.

[quote name='ethwang']I may be informing York, PA authorities if we don't get a response...[/QUOTE]

Same here. Let us know who you talk over there to so we can just add our grievances to yours in the same case.

[quote name='ethwang']I may be informing York, PA authorities if we don't get a response...[/QUOTE]I'd recommend doing that immediately due to the dollar amount in question.

That's also assuming he lives in York, PA after all.

The only things I could do at this point is provide his email address, which you all have at this point, and remove him from the Trading Forum, which also has been done.

[quote name='mowmow']anyone know what to do since i paid with money order?[/QUOTE]

Call the local authorities. You can also take him to small claims court if the amount of money lost was significant.

I contacted a CAG that sold him games last year and he verified that the address we have is indeed his address. Now if we can talk the US Air Force into doing a quick carpet bombing run on that location, then that would make my day.

So found this on facebook:

Cory McClain
Proud driver of an 03 Honda Element 5 speed. I searched for months to find the perfect one. My wife and I won't own anything but a manual and our vehicle history list shows(in no discernible order):

Hell, even my demo at work(I work at a Ford store) is a stick and I took a lesser model to get the stick.
Like · · November 28, 2011 at 11:53am ·

LinkedIn shows This:

Cory McClain
Sales Consultant at Beasley Ford Lincoln
York, Pennsylvania Area

http://beasleyford.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en

Could be old information and the dude might not even work there anymore. Just putting it out there. Anyways, I'm done internet stalking.. I filed my dispute.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Did anyone else notice that a dispute can take up to 45 days to resolve if no contact iss made between the 2 parties.[/QUOTE]

i filed and then 24 hours later amazon payments sent me an email stating that if they dont hear from him within 10 days, they'll rule in my favor

Its scary how much information is online.

Is there any way to file a police report without having to go to a police station?

[quote name='Lazer77']Its scary how much information is online.

Is there any way to file a police report without having to go to a police station?[/QUOTE]

I am calling the local police department to file a report--I'll let the thread know how that goes and how to proceed.

[quote name='merchie89']this is getting real, real fast AND I LIKE IT![/QUOTE]

So does this guy:

6052ad13da6d9329e0bc53d944533a6a7277fc3d_full.jpg

ah ive never seen parks and rec. i hear good things about it though but im hesitant to try it becuz i heard nothing but good things about 30 rock and i despise that show. NBC humor is kinda hit or miss with me

I'm still surprise as to why this guy decided to scamm a bunch tech savvy guys, if his personal information is so easy to find on the internet.

I sent him this email this morning or last night cant remember.

you scammed us on CAG......we all do not appreciate it. You need to fix this.

then he sent me this today, just now

Cory McClain
1:52 PM (2 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Everything is shipped, yours included. I dropped all of the packages off at a shipping store over lunch and they'll be emailing me tracking information as soon as they ship this evening. I'll be issuing a full apology on CAG tonight when I get home from work.

I can't tell you how sorry I am for all of this. But like I said, I'll have a full apology tonight.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am honestly over it, shoulda contacted before shipping....cuz I aint keeping it.

He can pay me to ship it back or I am gonna do a return to sender

[quote name='masterchief2291']dont believe a word he says until you have something tangible in your hands.[/QUOTE]

This.

Also shrike assuming that we all get our stuff we paid for, we can obviously leave neutral to negative feedback without him sending retaliatory feedback right?

On one hand I am glad that I may be getting my stuff (hopefully, unless this is a stalling tactic) since I paid with giftcards. But on the other hand I don't buy his apology. He might've gotten scared because he realized that we have his personal info and we can get him in some deep shit.
It's funny how he sent his message roughly 10 minutes after I sent him a message on XB telling him that I know his place of employment and will contact his boss and the authorities.

I also don't know how much stock I put into that message. I called his work today and they told me that he's off until Monday. So the "when I get home from work" line is obviously a lie unless he has a second job.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

bread's done
Back