Apple iPod price lowering?

Tide123

CAG Veteran
Does anyone know if Apple will lower their prices on the iPod anytime soon? I was planning to get one soon..but they're still a bit pricey, I figured I could just wait it out a little and see if they'll lower 'em. If anyone has any info, let me know? Thanks a bunch

Yeah right. Why lower the price now when people will gladly pay high prices for them? I think either Circuit City or Best Buy is selling one of the models (not sure which) for $270 this week, but that's probably the lowest it's going to get for a while. My guess is that we may see a drop after Christmas, and that is 100% speculation with no facts to back it up.

They are gonna have to lower it eventually. There are a few different brands that are equal or better than the ipod.

Apple never lowers price they have a rule after finshing a product and figuring out expense cost they sell it to you at a 400% markup seriously. for example they are not bringing out the updated imac until the current stock is gone. are they reducing prices on the imac to get rid of the sotck faster? nope they will never lower prices on anything macrumors.com is a good website and yes I am a apple user but I have 1 mac Ibook g4 and 2 pc's. best of both.

[quote name='Graystone']Apple never lowers price they have a rule after finshing a product and figuring out expense cost they sell it to you at a 400% markup seriously. for example they are not bringing out the updated imac until the current stock is gone. are they reducing prices on the imac to get rid of the sotck faster? nope they will never lower prices on anything macrumors.com is a good website and yes I am a apple user but I have 1 mac Ibook g4 and 2 pc's. best of both.[/quote]

What did you just say there? :shock:

that apple will never lower prices because they think they are to sophicated the problem with apple is steve jobs he is to egotistical.

[quote name='Graystone']Apple never lowers price they have a rule after finshing a product and figuring out expense cost they sell it to you at a 400% markup seriously. for example they are not bringing out the updated imac until the current stock is gone. are they reducing prices on the imac to get rid of the sotck faster? nope they will never lower prices on anything macrumors.com is a good website and yes I am a apple user but I have 1 mac Ibook g4 and 2 pc's. best of both.[/quote]

We like it when people punctuate correctly, don't we class?

I don't think it's going down in price i payed 300 for my 15 gig and I do like, I wish i had gotten one of the cheaper ones on retrospect (such as the dull juke box... where you get 20 meg, and a built in voice recorder among other things for 200 bucks). Also, if you don't have a fire wire port if you buy the 15 gig you will either have to buy a fire wire card or a extra cable to allow usb hook up (the cable is 20 bucks) and then you'll realize that it scratches REALLY easy so you'll need a case (the run about 20 bucks... i looked for cheapes, and even tried making one my self but choaked and bought one eventually) or you can get the 20 gig for 400 bucks and you get the doc (which i believe comes w/ the usb cable and a case for the ipod). Also if you want to play it in the car you need to buy one of those tapes or an FM transmitter (i bought one and immeadiately retunred it cuz it sucked) and the battery doesn't last 8 hours try 6... it lasts 8 if you don't use any of the sound enhancing features, don't turn it up very loud, and don't change songs while playing. Oh and if you play the couple of mini games on it they battery goes down really fast!!!

so that's my ipod experience... learn from my mistake? though I do like it i think i could have got something cheaper and got the same thing, but it does look really nifty, not a good reason to get the more expensive item if you ask me. But the softwear kicks ass very easy to use and intelligently designed.

Yeah..I also took into consideration of buying a different mp3 player. Like you said I could get a 20 (if not 30) gb for 100 bucks less than an iPod 15 gb, but it's not as flashy ;p I just love that damn scrolly wheel :roll: but is it worth that extra hundred..or well, I can find one (15 gb) for $250 on ebay.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...ept=3944&path=0:3944:3983:96469:132412:132412

30 gb for 208.67 at walmart..crazy. I duno what to do :?

*edit
I only have about 5 gbs worth of music or not even. 30 gb sounds ridiculous to me, but it's a really good deal, even if I'm not ever going to fill it up, right?

*edit again :p
I found out about the student discount on Apple's official site..and it's not a bad deal. I think I'll just get an iPod :eek:

no they won't lower the price, apple will just come out with a new Gen of ipod and you will have to spend your money on the new model. Because the new model will make the older discontinued model look like crap.

Having worked for an Apple retail store, I can tell you NOT to expect a price drop on a particular model until a newer generation comes out from the assembly line.

If you are anywhere near an Aple retail store, always peek in (especially on the weekends) to see if they are having some sort of sale. It will usually be a giant mass of products in their theater section. The items will be either demo models or "refreshed" product (meaning it was purchased and then returned for one reason or another, but nevertheless meets factory standards of operation and condition unless otherwise noted).

By default, demo and refreshed product go at 10% off list price, but at these "fire sales" as the call them, you can sometimes score an ipod or digital camera or mouse or what have you at $50 to $70 off. All the product is open for inspection as well.

Also, you can always call an Apple retail store and ask if they have any refreshed ipods (or laptops or monitors or whatever), and the inventory manager will tell you.

If you can find a better deal online, by all means do so. Good luck.

[quote name='Acrylic']http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=738&e=1&u=/nm/20040719/tc_nm/tech_apple_dc

Yes, they're lowering.[/quote]

ZING!!!

And the good news is, that those are newer models. So, the newer models will be cheaper. I might think about getting one of these, if there will be a 10 gig model. Cuz I barely even have a gig of Music.

[quote name='Tide123']Yeah..I also took into consideration of buying a different mp3 player. Like you said I could get a 20 (if not 30) gb for 100 bucks less than an iPod 15 gb, but it's not as flashy ;p I just love that damn scrolly wheel :roll: but is it worth that extra hundred..or well, I can find one (15 gb) for $250 on ebay.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...ept=3944&path=0:3944:3983:96469:132412:132412

30 gb for 208.67 at walmart..crazy. I duno what to do :?

*edit
I only have about 5 gbs worth of music or not even. 30 gb sounds ridiculous to me, but it's a really good deal, even if I'm not ever going to fill it up, right?

*edit again :p
I found out about the student discount on Apple's official site..and it's not a bad deal. I think I'll just get an iPod :eek:[/quote]

What's the student discount? I should look into that, since my college sells Macs and other Apple hardware, and probably wouldhave some kind of discount. I want a PowerBook, but not for the prices that they go for.

bread's done
Back