Apple news conference today...

Derwood43

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I searched the forums and I couldn't find anything on this.

Does anyone know a website where you can watch a live feed from today's announcement?

The iPhone shuffle was released today.

Features:
- Clips to your clothing
- Calls people at Random
- Can hold only a hundred contacts
- Fits in your ear for calls
- One ear ipod built in
- No Display

"Life is Random, call random"

[quote name='Mookyjooky']The iPhone shuffle was released today.

Features:
- Clips to your clothing
- Calls people at Random
- One ear ipod built in
- No Display

"Life is Random, call random"[/quote]

I'll put $700 down on that.

the new iAmawesome was released today:

Features:
--small, sleek, white
--has an lcd touchscreen
--comes with a white bluetooth headset with a huge apple logo on it
--GPS-looking thing that doesn't actually do GPS
--Has a dial pad on the touchscreen, but doesn't really make calls
--has an ipod wheel but doesn't play songs
--costs $800
--doesn't do anything, but looks modern and new, so you can show it off to your friends and remind them of how awesome you are

"Life is all about appearances, live empty"

[quote name='Mookyjooky']The iPhone shuffle was released today.

Features:
- Clips to your clothing
- Calls people at Random
- One ear ipod built in
- No Display

"Life is Random, call random"[/quote]

Hmm. Not a necessary purchase...but it does have the Apple logo on it....

I'm pretty sure Apple streams all their major conferences off their website. I read in the newspaper last Sunday that they are unveiling their new iPods this week so today must be the day.

Here it is. First look at Apple's new product line:

izodsn4.jpg

[quote name='Derwood43']I searched the forums and I couldn't find anything on this.

Does anyone know a website where you can watch a live feed from today's announcement?[/quote]

Update:
Gizmodo seems to be running a play by play.

[quote name='Maklershed']Here it is. First look at Apple's new product line:

izodsn4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

"AND YOU WILL KNEEL BEFORE ME!!!!"

Meh. I think I prefer the previous nanos even if they don't have the video playback. Thin is in. I'm not fond of the rounded edges either. Good Lord I'm anal. :lol:

dsc_7610.jpg

dsc_7612.jpg

Storage: Two versions, 4GB and 8GB. 4GB will only come in Silver and be priced at $149, and 8GB will come in all colors at $199. They’ve shipped Nanos already, and will be in stores by this weekend. It will work with the iPod + Nike kit, so good news runners.

New iPods (standard) come in either 80 gig models or 160 gig (!). Cost is $250 and $350 respectively. Finally, I can upgrade my 60 gig to a 160. Been waiting for this one for a while. Also the new regular iPods are touch screen models.

iPod can now browse the internet on Wi-Fi networks...did anyone see this coming back in 2002?

EDIT: iTunes now has wi-fi music store. Download music from the store directly to your iPod.

[quote name='mykevermin']ooh. I would be happy with an ipod touch if it has all the functions of an iphone without the phone.[/quote]
you got it!

applebeatgoeson166.jpg

Yep. I'll wait for the absurd sizes, like 160GB. Or, I'll do one a' them dumbass freebie things, like in my signature line, to get a 16GB touch.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']iPod can now browse the internet on Wi-Fi networks...did anyone see this coming back in 2002?

EDIT: iTunes now has wi-fi music store. Download music from the store directly to your iPod.[/quote]

I saw this since they oh copied Microsoft and the Zune, but let's forget about that fact since this is Apple and anything they do/copy should be hailed and forgotten about.

Too bad iPods are terrible, have fun when your batteries deside not to work.

And 160GB is 20 times the ammount of music I own, and 4 times the ammount of "stuff" I have on my computer!

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']New iPods (standard) come in either 80 gig models or 160 gig (!). Cost is $250 and $350 respectively. Finally, I can upgrade my 60 gig to a 160. Been waiting for this one for a while. Also the new regular iPods are touch screen models.[/quote]

I haven't kept up with the news today, but is the $350 price tagon the 160 Gig serious? If you're not joking - like plenty of posts in this thread are - then I'll probably upgrade my 60 GB. i've been hoping for a 100GB or higher model for awhile and at $350 it's actually the price I paid for my Ipod now after the student discount.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Too bad iPods are terrible, have fun when your batteries deside not to work.

And 160GB is 20 times the ammount of music I own, and 4 times the ammount of "stuff" I have on my computer![/quote]

you are a tool... go post in the who gives a crap what you think thread...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I haven't kept up with the news today, but is the $350 price tagon the 160 Gig serious? If you're not joking - like plenty of posts in this thread are - then I'll probably upgrade my 60 GB. i've been hoping for a 100GB or higher model for awhile and at $350 it's actually the price I paid for my Ipod now after the student discount.[/QUOTE]

That was according to the Engadget guys...we'll see for sure once the Apple Store is back up and running.

Crap, I read their updates wrong. The Touch ipod is only 8-16 gig for $300-$400. The standard iPod (like the size the current one is now and WITHOUT touch) has been upgraded to 80-160 gig and the price still stands at $250-$350. I must have been so excited I read that wrong.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Too bad iPods are terrible, have fun when your batteries deside not to work.

And 160GB is 20 times the ammount of music I own, and 4 times the ammount of "stuff" I have on my computer![/QUOTE]

I've owned 3-4 different ipods since 2002, and think they're fantastic.

Besides, if the device you use is so fucking fantastic, you'd be using it instead of being on a forum deriding others for their purchasing decisions.

160GB is just about twice the amount of music I own - I have a 60GB that's almost full (85%+), but I also have several hundred lps that I will eventually encode using some sweet-ass USB-powered turntable. Moreover, memory is cheap, so let Apple push the thing as a "multimedia device" and try to sell expensive movies on it.

Plus, AppleTV + HDMI + wi-fi iPod Touch = very nice indeed.

[quote name='DJSteel']you are a tool... go post in the who gives a crap what you think thread...[/quote]
That's every thread considering this is a message board.

[quote name='mykevermin']I've owned 3-4 different ipods since 2002, and think they're fantastic.
[/quote]

You are getting fucked by Apple. Does your iPod break that much you need a new one every year?

[quote name='mykevermin']I've owned 3-4 different ipods since 2002, and think they're fantastic.

Besides, if the device you use is so fucking fantastic, you'd be using it instead of being on a forum deriding others for their purchasing decisions.

160GB is just about twice the amount of music I own - I have a 60GB that's almost full (85%+), but I also have several hundred lps that I will eventually encode using some sweet-ass USB-powered turntable. Moreover, memory is cheap, so let Apple push the thing as a "multimedia device" and try to sell expensive movies on it.

Plus, AppleTV + HDMI + wi-fi iPod Touch = very nice indeed.[/quote]

i'm right behind you on the iPod touch 4 free front...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I saw this since they oh copied Microsoft and the Zune, but let's forget about that fact since this is Apple and anything they do/copy should be hailed and forgotten about.[/QUOTE]

Wait... the iPod copied the Zune???

As it stands now:

iPod nano with video: 4 GB version-$149
iPod nano with video: 8 GB version-$199

iPod 'Classic' with video: 80 GB version-$249
iPod 'Classic' with video: 160 GB version-$349

iPod Touch with wi-fi, etc: 8 GB version-$299
iPod Touch with wi-fi, etc: 16 GB version-$399

iPod Shuffle: 1 GB version-$79.

iPhone: 8 GB version-$399.
iPhone: 4 GB version is gone.

Holy shit. 8GB iPhone gets a $200 price drop and will sell for $399 starting today. Poor early adopters, it hasn't even been 3 months. :lol:

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']As it stands now:

iPod nano with video: 4 GB version-$149
iPod nano with video: 8 GB version-$199

iPod 'Classic' with video: 80 GB version-$249
iPod 'Classic' with video: 160 GB version-$349

iPod Touch with wi-fi, etc: 8 GB version-$299
iPod Touch with wi-fi, etc: 16 GB version-$399

iPod Shuffle: 1 GB version-$79.

iPhone: 8 GB version-$399.
iPhone: 4 GB version is gone.[/quote]

the iPhone dropped in price?
When the hell did this happen?

[quote name='bigdaddy']You are getting fucked by Apple. Does your iPod break that much you need a new one every year?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They fucked me when I got a free iPod Nano when I bought an iMac last year, which served as a righteous grand Christmas gift that I didn't pay a dime for. They totally fucked me as well when I paid $25 for an iPod shuffle because of some dumbass class-action lawsuit that resulted in me getting $50 to spend at the Apple Store. And they totally, royally, severely fucked me over when I got a 60GB iPod video for free from doing one of those dumbass freebie sites.

I've only paid for two iPods ever: a 20GB 2nd gen one that I filled with thrash and punk (and Britney Spears, ha-ha!) and shipped over to my friend in Iraq, and a 4GB Nano that I gave to my wife.

Now that you know all that, can you just go shut the fuck up? Or, if you prefer, you can make another bold assertion to be 100% wrong about it. Keeping consistent is important!

[quote name='Kendro']Holy shit. 8GB iPhone gets a $200 price drop and will sell for $399 starting today. Poor early adopters, it hasn't even been 3 months. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to bust out my "I was right, you were wrong" dance to my German friend who got one at launch.

They could have at least made the iPhone Touch 30GB. 16GB doesn't really seem worth the $400 price tag. I understand the coolness factor of the touch screen and WiFi... but how practical is 16GB as a primary storage device, really?

[quote name='mykevermin']I can't wait to bust out my "I was right, you were wrong" dance to my German friend who got one at launch.[/quote]

You can bust it out for me :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh and to add to it I bought a 4gb version a little over a month ago.. Normally I don't bitch about price drops they happen but this it hurts bad.

bread's done
Back