Apple Repair Service: Good or Bad?

Nomar1245

CAGiversary!
Hey,

My iPod recently broke, and I sent it for repair. I was just wondering how long it took for those of you that have had to send your iPods for repair.

I also would like to know if it was some of the better customer service you've had.(Sony's is terrible by the way)

Thanks

The total time it takes is a week or less, its super fast and most of the time it looks like they just send you a new/refurbished one

Thanks for the reply

I thought thats what they do, but mine was engraved so i think they'll just put new guts in my case

Mine was engraved too - I just got back a refurbed one. The way it was explained to me is that the refurbed iPods are completely new except for possibly the casing (but it's unlikely) - they just aren't allowed to call them new. I had mine in less than a week and it was over the Christmas weekend. The only reason it took more than 5 minutes was because they didn't have any 40GB photos on hand in the store otherwise he wouls have just swapped it out on the spot. Pretty good if you ask me!

[quote name='javeryh']Mine was engraved too - I just got back a refurbed one. The way it was explained to me is that the refurbed iPods are completely new except for possibly the casing (but it's unlikely) - they just aren't allowed to call them new. I had mine in less than a week and it was over the Christmas weekend. The only reason it took more than 5 minutes was because they didn't have any 40GB photos on hand in the store otherwise he wouls have just swapped it out on the spot. Pretty good if you ask me![/QUOTE]

That's fantastic news. The only thing is there isn't really a store near me so I had to send it to California from Pittsburgh.

Mostly I'm hoping to get it back by the 28th because I'm going out of town the 29th.

My iPod is really on the fritz and I had the AppleCare rep basically talk me into just restoring it. Do you have to 'raise your voice' or get extra-resolute to get them to take on the faulty iPod? I get the impression that they do whatever they can to deflect customers. But thanks for reminding me that I need to call 'em again, once more...with feeling. Ahem.

[quote name='jollydwarf']My iPod is really on the fritz and I had the AppleCare rep basically talk me into just restoring it. Do you have to 'raise your voice' or get extra-resolute to get them to take on the faulty iPod? I get the impression that they do whatever they can to deflect customers. But thanks for reminding me that I need to call 'em again, once more...with feeling. Ahem.[/QUOTE]

I did mine online, and it was pretty simple. The whole process took about 10 mins.

I tried to get my ibook g4 fixed, and two different CSRs were trying to dick me out of the warranty I paid extra for. So I bought an usb to ethernet adapter instead of dealing with them.

bread's done
Back