April @Gamer Coupons: $25 NFS: MW, $20 Hitman and Sleeping Dogs

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Same deal as last time, coupons available in store with GC Unlocked subscription or available from the digital magazine.

Valid from 4/7 - 5/4

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 & 360) for $24.99 (fixed price)
$20 off Hitman: Absolution (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Sleeping Dogs (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off MLB 12: The Show (PS3) - $10 AC
$20 off World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Collector's Edition (PC) - $60 AC
$20 off Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Starter Kit (360) - $55 AC
$10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 and up
$25 off Select Gunnar Gaming Eyeware (Doesn't specify which pairs)

An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='marineal']lol @ those who renewed.[/QUOTE]
LOL?
I have 4 GCU & even with ''weak'' months there's no lack of non CAGers who pay $10 for my extra coupons. Not to mention my subs have long been paid for by BB via flips I'm surprised so many still ''pay'' period, BB made it so easy to get at least $1000 in credit.

If I can get Hitman for $10 this month I will be happy to do so.

The Need for Speed: Most Wanted deal is a head scratcher. I got it within a month of it coming out for that price!

Not a bad month...I'm sure they'll drop prices on the SE games to clear them out.

NFS...wtf!?!?! it was that price nearly 5 months ago and routinely that price at other vendors.

[quote name='AukeySeven']I don't understand why people think anyone cares if they reup their GCU or not. This isn't the BB forums or their FB page.

Then the same people are going to complain that they don't have the coupons next month when there is a good deal to be had.[/QUOTE]

I am good till 2014

[quote name='alwayscheaper']But with the preorder promotion and lack of price match, you're accepting new releases at $39.99 (if you used credit for the entire purchase or $59.99 with $20 in cert) which in today's fluctuating prices, on CAG, with backlogs is a bit pricey in my book.[/QUOTE]

These coupons might suck, but for me GCU is still an amazing value.

I'm Premier Silver, so this doesn't apply to everyone.
---
For games with $20 pre-order credit, it's essentially $40 for the game.

Sell the pre-order DLC on eBay for at least $10 (or ~$20 for Bioshock Infinite's 2 codes).
---
Due to Premier Silver and GCU, the bonus points on a gaming purchase cancel out tax for me.

At this point I'm only paying $30 or less for the game. If I beat the game with a week or two, I can sell it on eBay for ~$45 after fees.

That's $15 profit and a free rental. If I keep it, it's only $30 or less with a PM.
---
Even if I sell the game in the meantime, I have the ability to PM to BBY's price if it goes on sale in 60 days.

There are more ways to come out ahead if other retailers have a lower price than what I initially paid for the game, but that's another issue altogether.
---
The 15-day return period kind of sucks for those who aren't Premier Silver. If that was the case with me, I'd still keep subbed if I was interested in any of the $20 pre-order incentives and didn't care about the DLC. Or if you want to take advantage of BBY -> GS credit flips.

My sub ran out so I bought another one at the store. Do I have to wait just as long to get my first digital magazine as I did my first print magazine?

[quote name='loxthefox']
$20 off Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Starter Kit (360) - $55 AC
[/QUOTE]

That's not terrible if you need another chatpad--if you consider that you're paying $35 just for the gold card, then everything else (including the MSP) is practically gravy. Mmm, graaavy. =P~

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']
Even if I sell the game in the meantime, I have the ability to PM to BBY's price if it goes on sale in 60 days.
[/QUOTE]

It was my understanding that the 15-day price match policy would begin applying to Silver members starting 04/14. Purchases made before this date quality for 60-day price match. After this date...you are limited to the same 15-days as everybody else.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']It was my understanding that the 15-day price match policy would begin applying to Silver members starting 04/14. Purchases made before this date quality for 60-day price match. After this date...you are limited to the same 15-days as everybody else.[/QUOTE]

The PM change doesn't really affect Premier Silver since there's always return-rebuys and such. It's a hassle for the consumer, but nothing has really changed.

[quote name='aznhero913']Not a bad month...I'm sure they'll drop prices on the SE games to clear them out.

NFS...wtf!?!?! it was that price nearly 5 months ago and routinely that price at other vendors.[/QUOTE]

That's why the coupons fucking suck. They will clear them out eventually.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The PM change doesn't really affect Premier Silver since there's always return-rebuys and such. It's a hassle for the consumer, but nothing has really changed.[/QUOTE]
But you loose the $20 promo. Also, you might to want start a spreadsheet on the times you do returns once the policy starts and you use r/rby to substitute PMs, people have been banned for returns.

[quote name='usrevenge']sleeping dogs and hitman will be mine if they put them on sale. especially sleeping dogs.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping dogs was $5 on HU marketplace last sale

And Hitman is $10 on HU market place right now
800 MSP cards are universal

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The PM change doesn't really affect Premier Silver since there's always return-rebuys and such. It's a hassle for the consumer, but nothing has really changed.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is correct...but we shall see on 4/18/13 (I was wrong on the start date). Basically...starting 4/18/13...all Best Buy customers will have the same price match policy. You can match other retailers at the time of sale only and you can only match Best Buy prices for up to 15 days. This applies to return-rebuys too. Unless your state mandates a 30-day return policy...the return policy for Best Buy will be effectively 15 days. The whole point of this policy change was to stop consumers from using Best Buy as a Rent-A-Center. They may be more lenient with video games since you can't actually return the product...but we shall see.

It will though as you can only have so many returns before you are banned from returning any item for 90 days.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']What's your eBay secret? You say 2 week old games net you $45 after fees yet Bioshock Infinite that released 3 day ago averages $47 before fees right now. Do I input a special code or something to sell for about $51 without shipping to get to that $45 you make?[/QUOTE]
The special trick is to ship internationally.

[quote name='TooPoor']The special trick is to ship internationally.[/QUOTE]

And open yourself up to much greater chances of fraudulent buyers waiting to abuse PayPal's buyer protection....

[quote name='TooPoor']But you loose the $20 promo. Also, you might to want start a spreadsheet on the times you do returns once the policy starts and you use r/rby to substitute PMs, people have been banned for returns.[/QUOTE]
What would stop someone from spending the 20 bucks in rz certs and then returning? Or do they just take the value out if the certs have been used?

[quote name='therealdanhill']What would stop someone from spending the 20 bucks in rz certs and then returning? Or do they just take the value out if the certs have been used?[/QUOTE]

Your balance will go negative. It will show 0 but any points added will make it remain at 0.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']What's your eBay secret? You say 2 week old games net you $45 after fees yet Bioshock Infinite that released 3 day ago averages $47 before fees right now. Do I input a special code or something to sell for about $51 without shipping to get to that $45 you make?[/QUOTE]

You didn't know about this? Just log into PayPal, go to the Merchant Services tab, and click on the Redeem Coupon link in the Tools and Settings section on the right. Put in the following code:
urajakass

Since when developer pay you to play their game first day

My opinion is GCU still worth subscribe
$15 for 10 issue of magazine that have great read
that alone already worth the subscription regardless of coupon inside

plus: unless is MP heavy game(BF, MW, GOW....), you can def purchase day 1 and sell it back for GC later on. Most likely, only cost you about $5 to rent.
(Trade in value after a week or two from release day often about $35+. $60-$20Cert-$35= $5)

Also, if the $20 Cert continue later this year. Those games (*AC) release right before black friday, it may can profit from playing. Buy it on day 1, finish the campaign within a week/before Black Friday. Sell it back for Gift card before Black Friday, then price match at Black friday during sale.

[quote name='KryllFood']And open yourself up to much greater chances of fraudulent buyers waiting to abuse PayPal's buyer protection....[/QUOTE]
Yeah you win some and loose some. A better alternative is to sell on foreign "eBay" sites that protect sellers unlike eBay.

[quote name='GreenArrow']Since when developer pay you to play their game first day

My opinion is GCU still worth subscribe
$15 for 10 issue of magazine that have great read
that alone already worth the subscription regardless of coupon inside

plus: unless is MP heavy game(BF, MW, GOW....), you can def purchase day 1 and sell it back for GC later on. Most likely, only cost you about $5 to rent.
(Trade in value after a week or two from release day often about $35+. $60-$20Cert-$35= $5)

Also, if the $20 Cert continue later this year. Those games (*AC) release right before black friday, it may can profit from playing. Buy it on day 1, finish the campaign within a week/before Black Friday. Sell it back for Gift card before Black Friday, then price match at Black friday during sale.[/QUOTE]

Best buy doesn't match at all during Black Friday.

Or target for that matter.

Customer Service does not exist around those times.

Bullshit coupons

Best Buy unlocked has gone from poor to bad to absolutely worthless, all in the span of less than a year too

The eBay price for stuff is hard to say. I don't see Bioshock holding it's price point very well due to it being a single player game with not too much replay, but that's not always the case.

So there will be case you get less than $45 for it, but since I only paid $30 I really don't care if I get a few bucks less.

As for the returns, yeah. But it's not like I'm buying massive number of copies of anything. At my current return rate, I do maybe 1-2 a month.
---
Since we're all bitching at GCU right now... I guess I'll add that I never received the welcome packet for re-upping last September. I messaged a mod on the Unboxed forums and it took them 2 weeks to reply to me saying they can't issue any more coupons and I'll have to wait till sometime in April for them >.<

Sadface :'(

So much entitlement, so little perspective.

Yeah the coupons aren't great, but these coupons will make the games cheaper than what they are at most other major retailers. Example:

Sleeping Dogs
BBY: $29.99
Target: $49.99
Gamestop $49.99
Amazon: $36.00
Walmart: $54

Hitman: Absolution
BBY: $29.99
Target: $49.99 (PS3) $59.99 (360)
Gamestop: $29.99
Amazon: $25-27
Walmart: $59.96

If if the coupon doesn't bring the game to your price point, wait and buy it some other time.

GCU pays for itself so many times over with the coupons, 2x points on new games and trade-ins, 10% bonus TIV and 10% off pre-owned, $20 RZ certs on new releases, and bi-weekly RZ deals. Like I said, have some perspective.

When do we get the magazine w/coupons on April 1st or on the 6th

[quote name='Dund3r']
GCU pays for itself so many times over with the coupons, 2x points on new games and trade-ins, 10% bonus TIV and 10% off pre-owned, $20 RZ certs on new releases, and bi-weekly RZ deals. Like I said, have some perspective.[/QUOTE]

This is true. However, I stopped trying to explain it to people on the fence because I'd rather they just not subscribe at all. Then we wouldn't have to hear all the bitching about GCU.

If people can't see the value it brings by themselves, then it's better they just not subscribe.

Sorry folks, not all games can be $5. If you're unhappy with it, then don't renew. But whether you renew or not, nobody cares.

[quote name='confoosious']This is true. However, I stopped trying to explain it to people on the fence because I'd rather they just not subscribe at all. Then we wouldn't have to hear all the bitching about GCU.

If people can't see the value it brings by themselves, then it's better they just not subscribe.

Sorry folks, not all games can be $5. If you're unhappy with it, then don't renew. But whether you renew or not, nobody cares.[/QUOTE]

Well said

haven't got my magazine yet. these coupons suck. if I hadn't got two $20 coupons for the games I pre ordered this would have been an awful $15 spent.

I can't thank CAG enough for pointing out the $10 back when you buy $50 gift cards at Best Buy last year.

Let me run a little math by you guys here complaining about the coupons and Gamers Club Unlocked.

I spent $250 on $300 worth of BB gift cards in December of 2012 with that deal. On top of that since Chase had Best Buy as their 5% cash back for Q4 2012 I earned another $12.5 cash back. On top of that I earned another $5 gift reward cert since 250 points = $5. So basically I spent $250 and walked away with $317.50. That's $67.50 out of thin air.

So I use the reward cert and one of the gift cards to pick up a $15 GCU subscription. That's still a $52.50 bonus out of nowhere before we look at pre-order discounts. Because with every game I also get $20 back in store credit.

So I basically save ($52.50/5) + $20 per game = $30.50 savings per game. But remember I also have to pay sales tax which adds $4.64 tax per game since my store charges 7.75% sales tax.

This means I effectively paid $34.14 per each of my release date games when you factor in the price of my GCU subscription.

The point of my post is to point out to you that the GCU subscription is ICING ON THE CAKE compared to the deals you get if you preordered your games in mass. I don't even read the magazine.

Whether or not you get a deal by doing this depends on how many games you bought in advance because the more you preorder, the cheaper you could have gotten each game. Had I bought another gift card I would have pulled $80 out of thin air (60+15+5) less GCU would have been $65. ($65/5) +20 = $33. $60-$33+4.64 = $31.64 per game on release day via gift card deal/credit card deal/rewardzone deal/preorder deal combo.

It all comes down to how much time you have to play the games. If you quit your engineering job to play video games like I did then Best Buy was the way to go because you have plenty of time to play every game on release and more.

To summarize using my method:

5 games = $34.14 per game on release
6 games = $31.64 per game on release

I stopped at 5 because I wasn't planning on getting Tomb Raider or Injustice, but I'm kind of regretting that now. Perhaps I will get them on Black Friday since Chase is again offering Amazon as the 5% back retailer for Q4 2013 which will coincide nicely with the already awesome Black Friday deals on last gen games should I be able to pull myself away from GTA V.

I like to consider myself a deal genius.

Now the more games you bought the more store credit you're going to be left with. But who cares? PS4 is coming out at the end of this year. Not to mention that both the Wii U and PS Vita are totally bound for some sweet, sweet price cuts looking at their sales here in the US and the fact that the Vita was already dropped to $260 in Japan with the 32gb memory card bundle. There's no need to worry about coupons on the big ticket items because those price cuts are pretty much unavoidable looking at their sales here in the US.

The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is how I gave $23.20 of my money to the government whereas with Amazon they would have gotten nothing.

Oh and Best Buy's customer service is EXCELLENT. They actually messed up and double charged me one time for one of my 5$ deposits so I called up them up with my receipt. You should watch out for this. Within 5 minutes of giving them the information about my account and the reciept number they refunded me not only the $5 I was overcharged, but an additional $5 for customer satisfaction without me even asking!

This means I effectively paid $29.14 for Bioshock Infinite. I actually price matched Wipeout 2048 for $9.99 on the same day and they matched the Sony store.

The only thing I'm really worried about is the government starting to tax Amazon in all 50 states like they recently decided in New York because once they take down Amazon's advantage that puts less pressure on the rest of the retailers to compete. As long as they don't do anything before 2014 so I can stack that 5% cash back on Black Friday 2013 I'll be happy.

Thanks for all the tips on the deals. You guys are the best. And thanks for those 40 MyCokeRward points codes. I put them all into the 7,000 visa sweepstakes so if by some miracle I win that, I'll definitely be giving back to this site in some way.

[quote name='blume3']does GCU auto renew or no?[/QUOTE]

Expires after 1 year from the date you enroll. 10 issues per year. Double issue in jan/feb july/august.

If they fail to send you your first issue as they did with me go onto their website and click the button saying you didn't get an issue and they extend it a month for that issue that you missed.

Hope i don't come off as too much of a BB fan boy. I did most of my shopping at Amazon the past 2 years up until BB started rocking them with Black Friday deals and all price match for online stuff.

I price matched the Fus1on controller for PS3 which walmart was selling for $55 and Amazon was selling for $78. And the guy at the register priced it down to $53!

I cannot recommend the controller enough as someone who used to be a 360 player who played tons and tons of Halo1&2 in college. The sticks are just sooo much better than the PS3 sticks for shooters imo. It made Max Payne 3 hardcore mode and oldschool mode a total breeze. Also was great for Bioshock Infinite on Hard. But ugh i really wish Sony had given us the option of the 360-esque controller in addtion to the new dualshock with the touchpad. It just feels so much more natural for me for shooters. Any other game like God of War I prefer the Dualshock.

I'm guessing you'll see the price on this controller go lower and lower as PS4 approaches and it becomes outdated. But it is definitely worth picking up if you play FPS games. No doubt about it.

wtf?!?!!?

I can't access my coupons anymore. When I click on the link, it says coupons are not available.

Anyone else get this problem?

For all of those people who have been complaining here about how lousy the Best Buy Unlocked program is, can you please provide an example of a similar program that is done better? I am legitimately curious. The only other one I know of is Gamestop which does not seem nearly as good. Otherwise, I don't know of any other retailers or online programs that offer anything similar.

My point is, if you are able to show other retailers are doing it better than Best Buy, complaints are valid. If you are simply comparing current reality to the way things used to be, you are basically my grandmother.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']For all of those people who have been complaining here about how lousy the Best Buy Unlocked program is, can you please provide an example of a similar program that is done better? I am legitimately curious. The only other one I know of is Gamestop which does not seem nearly as good. Otherwise, I don't know of any other retailers or online programs that offer anything similar.

My point is, if you are able to show other retailers are doing it better than Best Buy, complaints are valid. If you are simply comparing current reality to the way things used to be, you are basically my grandmother.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='WNYX585AM']For all of those people who have been complaining here about how lousy the Best Buy Unlocked program is, can you please provide an example of a similar program that is done better? I am legitimately curious. The only other one I know of is Gamestop which does not seem nearly as good. Otherwise, I don't know of any other retailers or online programs that offer anything similar.

My point is, if you are able to show other retailers are doing it better than Best Buy, complaints are valid. If you are simply comparing current reality to the way things used to be, you are basically my grandmother.[/QUOTE]

It isn't up to you if complaints are valid or not friend. Whether they are valid to you or not, sure, but your complaint about validity is equally as valid as a lot of CAGs complaints about Best Buy.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Not sure if I wanna renew my sub. Hmmmm..[/QUOTE]

Wait till mid October unless they happen to extend the preorder deal.

That way the b2g1 will come in time for Black Friday. Use that coupon with the amazing deals.

[quote name='aznhero913']wtf?!?!!?

I can't access my coupons anymore. When I click on the link, it says coupons are not available.

Anyone else get this problem?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can't access the current coupon group either. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing.

Like.

[quote name='therealdanhill']It isn't up to you if complaints are valid or not friend. Whether they are valid to you or not, sure, but your complaint about validity is equally as valid as a lot of CAGs complaints about Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Amen. My Gamer's Club Unlocked has paid for it's self about 10x over.

bread's done
Back