April @Gamer Coupons: $25 NFS: MW, $20 Hitman and Sleeping Dogs

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Same deal as last time, coupons available in store with GC Unlocked subscription or available from the digital magazine.

Valid from 4/7 - 5/4

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 & 360) for $24.99 (fixed price)
$20 off Hitman: Absolution (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Sleeping Dogs (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off MLB 12: The Show (PS3) - $10 AC
$20 off World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Collector's Edition (PC) - $60 AC
$20 off Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Starter Kit (360) - $55 AC
$10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 and up
$25 off Select Gunnar Gaming Eyeware (Doesn't specify which pairs)

An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tabe']Just back from Best Buy. Sleeping Dogs was priced at $29.99. With the $20 coupon and a $5 rewards cert, I walked out with the game for $4.99 + tax. So glad I waited to buy it!

That said, it was a big hassle. The game was ringing at $39.99 despite the $29.99 shelf divider. The cashier rang things up wrong several times (not entering the coupon ahead of time, not correcting the price, and so on) and they finally ended up having to manually enter a price of $9.99 for the game for me. Took probably 15 minutes total but well worth it.[/QUOTE]

What kind of price tag was it?

[quote name='Sanges99']As my sub-header under my name may allude, I blame the fact moreso on the fact that no one has any idea that there's a tool at the top of every single thread to search the thread you're reading for keywords (it doesn't help at all that the entire toolbar just blends in with everything else on the page.

[customspoiler=Bitter Rambling]
...and then there's the laziness and single-mindedness aspect of threads to begin with, of course. Everyone just wants to be addressed directly, they don't want to be expected to have to read for themselves, let alone put effort into researching anything when someone can just reiterate what's already been said dozens of times.[/customspoiler][/QUOTE]

Yes, because the point of an online forum is to never ask questions or interact with other people.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']Yes, because the point of an online forum is to never ask questions or interact with other people.[/QUOTE]

I think you're missing the point

I have every coupon besides $20 Hitman to give away if anyone wants one. Send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out.

Edit - PS3 Sleeping Dogs coupon now gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ric Flair']I have every coupon besides $20 Hitman to give away if anyone wants one. Send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out.[/QUOTE]

sent u a pm

[quote name='TooPoor']What kind of price tag was it?[/QUOTE]
A regular price tag - not a clearance or anything. Looked like a regular $29.99 game, no different than any other.

[quote name='shadowkast']I think you're missing the point[/QUOTE]

I get his point; I just think it's incredibly OCD and ridiculous to make it a goddamn custom rank.

Okay, damn. I had to purchase NFS, thanks to StryderOmega! Meh...it's finals week had haven't really bought a lot of games lately..

[quote name='Tabe']A regular price tag - not a clearance or anything. Looked like a regular $29.99 game, no different than any other.[/QUOTE]
I see potential here, too bad Monday is a work day for me. Hope other CAGs will be able to get it at $10. I'm surprised it hasn't generated much interest.

[quote name='OregonDealz']OP, change title, add "(no you cannot PM and use coupon)"[/QUOTE]Won't matter I had super detailed @gamer OP's and the same repeat ?'s came up every other day in almost every @gamer thread.

[quote name='strait edge follower']im thinking about putting ”for mega threads READ THE OP !!!!!!” in my sig. seriously smh[/QUOTE]^^^Remember the March @gamer had Read OP in the title & theres was always people asking how to get the coupons, the sub/mag prices & what the prices was after the coupon.

I'm sure this has been answered already but I couldn't find it. Can you still buy the physical magazines instore? If not, if I sign up for the subscription Gamerzone are these deals linked to your account or just the digital magazine?

I hate to be that guy but I just searched for 20 minutes and couldn't find this answer, can you still buy the physical mag in store? If not if I do the gamerzone unlocked membership is it linked to that account and I won't need a coupon? I'm trying to get Sleeping Dogs at a good price. Thanks

[quote name='pimpster4183']I hate to be that guy but I just searched for 20 minutes and couldn't find this answer, can you still buy the physical mag in store? If not if I do the gamerzone unlocked membership is it linked to that account and I won't need a coupon? I'm trying to get Sleeping Dogs at a good price. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I think you can find the mag in store, if you need a coupon for Sleeping Dogs, please PM me

[quote name='pimpster4183']I hate to be that guy but I just searched for 20 minutes and couldn't find this answer, can you still buy the physical mag in store? If not if I do the gamerzone unlocked membership is it linked to that account and I won't need a coupon? I'm trying to get Sleeping Dogs at a good price. Thanks[/QUOTE]

No you can not buy physical mags in store anymore. You will get a coupon pamphlet at the time of sign up, make sure to remind the employee if not. The rest of the coupons / magazine will arrive via email.

(I also personally answered this question in this thread about 10 times)

[quote name='Tabe']Just back from Best Buy. Sleeping Dogs was priced at $29.99. With the $20 coupon and a $5 rewards cert, I walked out with the game for $4.99 + tax. So glad I waited to buy it!

That said, it was a big hassle. The game was ringing at $39.99 despite the $29.99 shelf divider. The cashier rang things up wrong several times (not entering the coupon ahead of time, not correcting the price, and so on) and they finally ended up having to manually enter a price of $9.99 for the game for me. Took probably 15 minutes total but well worth it.[/QUOTE]

That's weird because the Sleeping Dogs website listing for PS3 was gone a couple of days ago and now it's back - at $39.99. That explains why it rang up at that price for you, and the preowned listing is $29.99. Are you certain that the price tag you saw wasn't for preowned copies?

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I get his point; I just think it's incredibly OCD and ridiculous to make it a goddamn custom rank.[/QUOTE]

Oh? Is it really all that "ridiculous" to try to passive-aggressively promote a site's little-known feature when even just a few people have thanked me for pointing it out, over the apparent non-absurdity of "Wubadubadubisthattru"? Is it really now? C'mon, son. :whistle2:|

[quote name='Linkgx1']Anyone have a sleeping dogs coupon? I might only use it if the pro e is $10 with coupon.[/QUOTE]

Pm me your name and address and I'll get it sent out to you tomorrow.

[quote name='whitereflection']That's weird because the Sleeping Dogs website listing for PS3 was gone a couple of days ago and now it's back - at $39.99. That explains why it rang up at that price for you, and the preowned listing is $29.99. Are you certain that the price tag you saw wasn't for preowned copies?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely 100% certain. This price thing I saw was one of the white divider cards that Best Buy uses to organize their new game section. I dunno about other Best Buy stores but the used games at my store have no dividers whatsoever. They simply sit on a shelf, spines facing out.

[quote name='Tabe']Absolutely 100% certain. This price thing I saw was one of the white divider cards that Best Buy uses to organize their new game section. I dunno about other Best Buy stores but the used games at my store have no dividers whatsoever. They simply sit on a shelf, spines facing out.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for this, as a while back when I picked up Dead Island it was the same thing: listing it for $29.99 instead of the $39.99 on shelves. Used my coupon for that and they overrode it with no problem.

sleeping dog is a discontinued game at bestbuy, meaning they will no longer be selling the game, once all stock are sold.

[quote name='Sanges99']Oh? Is it really all that "ridiculous" to try to passive-aggressively promote a site's little-known feature when even just a few people have thanked me for pointing it out, over the apparent non-absurdity of "Wubadubadubisthattru"? Is it really now? C'mon, son. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

DO NOT SPEAK ILL OF THE RING SIDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWy1utqHD0s

Hate to be that guy, but does anyone have any left over $10 off $29.99 & above pre-owned games coupons? (physical or digital). Would appreciate it. Thanks. : )

Yeah, uh...I think I'm going to let my membership lapse when it expires in a week. Haven't used one of these coupons since I can remember. We had some good times last year, though. I bid you well, GCU, I bid you well...

I've always felt the reason I subscribed was because of the 20 dollar pre order bonuses they gave and the magazine coupons were just a bonus to me.

[quote name='Kanokare']I've always felt the reason I subscribed was because of the 20 dollar pre order bonuses they gave and the magazine coupons were just a bonus to me.[/QUOTE]
Well, there are people who never preorders, even with $20 back. Especially now with the new PM policy.

[quote name='TooPoor']Well, there are people who never preorders, even with $20 back. Especially now with the new PM policy.[/QUOTE]

That'd be me

[quote name='YBX87']sleeping dog is a discontinued game at bestbuy, meaning they will no longer be selling the game, once all stock are sold.[/QUOTE]

CAGs, any guesses on the rarity of this game; ie, will it disappear before MSRP (AMAZ, NE, WMT, TGT, even GS) drops to ~$20ish? am thinking 'yes' b/c it's square enix, but 'no' b/c it's GTA-ish.

is it worth buying the UK version: http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Dogs...&qid=1366730092&sr=8-6&keywords=sleeping+dogs

UK version won't work w/ US DLC, right?

does 'essentials' UK version = future 'greatest hits' US version? TIA.

[quote name='ivana89']CAGs, any guesses on the rarity of this game; ie, will it disappear before MSRP (AMAZ, NE, WMT, TGT, even GS) drops to ~$20ish? am thinking 'yes' b/c it's square enix, but 'no' b/c it's GTA-ish.

is it worth buying the UK version: http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Dogs...&qid=1366730092&sr=8-6&keywords=sleeping+dogs

does 'essentials' UK version = future 'greatest hits' US version? TIA.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the American sales if it will be a GH. And your right, UK will not work with US DLC.

The Uk also got the game free on PS+.

I would wait as I don't think Amazon will run out any time soon.

[quote name='ivana89']CAGs, any guesses on the rarity of this game; ie, will it disappear before MSRP (AMAZ, NE, WMT, TGT, even GS) drops to ~$20ish? am thinking 'yes' b/c it's square enix, but 'no' b/c it's GTA-ish.

does 'essentials' UK version = future 'greatest hits' US version? TIA.[/QUOTE]

Chekc your local Best Buy, Mine still has :ps3: for $20 [free after coupon as it will work (may require manager override, my cashier was the manager)]
and the :360: version for $25

[quote name='TooPoor']Well, there are people who never preorders, even with $20 back. Especially now with the new PM policy.[/QUOTE]
What's the new PM policy?

[quote name='juanawoman']What's the new PM policy?[/QUOTE]Can only PM other retailers (for online retailers, there's a list of specific ones they'll match) at time-of-purchase. Can't post-PM anyone other than Best Buy or Bestbuy.com after purchase, and only for 15 days.

Does anyone have an extra Hitman or NFS coupon? I renewed my sub in store last night, but nobody in the gaming dept. had any idea about the pamphlet of coupons I was supposed to get at sign up.

[quote name='k1ngster']Must be trolling[/QUOTE]
Yeah, not so much:

sleepingdogs.jpg

Where the shaqfu is my mag, lol?! Not even mad as I probably wouldn't have used any of the coupons, but I'm sort of entitled to something I paid for.

Inb4 my sister-in-law threw it away (like she did my blender bottles).:bomb:

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Where the shaqfu is my mag, lol?! Not even mad as I probably wouldn't have used any of the coupons, but I'm sort of entitled to something I paid for.

Inb4 my sister-in-law threw it away (like she did my blender bottles).:bomb:[/QUOTE]

This is why you should go digital, lol.

This thread sure is getting a lot of attention for no real deals. I keep seeing it bumped and get excited that Best Buy had an unannounced price drop.

I guess i'm now guilty of getting someone else's hopes up too...

bread's done
Back