4. NDS - Pokemon HeartGold (Nintendo) - 192.6k
5. PS3 - God of War 3 (Sony) - 180.3k
6. WII - Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 179k
7. 360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 (EA) - 166k
8. WII - Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
9. WII - Just Dance (Ubisoft)
10. PS3 - Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom) - 143k

11. WII - Monster Hunter Tri (Capcom) - 126k
12. PS3 - Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Take 2)
13. NDS - New Super Mario Bros (Nintendo)
14. 360 - Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom) - 108k
15. PS3 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 (EA)
16. 360 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Acti-Blizzard)
17. PS3 - MLB: The Show (Sony)
18. WII - Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
19. PS3 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Acti-Blizzard)
20. 360 - Major League Baseball 2K10 (Take 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
We're also not getting PS2 anymore. If I had to guess, it outsold the PSP last month. Seriously, just kill it in a fire already. It's done.

A couple of other numbers have appeared in other places:

7. BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS Mar-10 166K
10. SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV PS3 CAPCOM USA Apr-10 143K

*. SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 360 CAPCOM USA Apr-10 108K

Well the Wii hardware number is getting smaller, but you still got the black wiis to sell in the future ;)

Splinter Cell Conviction was a beast. Those gaming credits and giftcards probably made sales even bigger. In the long run I wouldn't be surprised if it outsold every version exception for the original which did like 5+ million between the 360 and PS2 I believe (Not sure about PC or Gamecube numbers).

Wow, I know April should normally be a slow month, but these numbers are terrible for everyone (except Nintendo RE: DS). I'd expect Wii sales to jump back to their previous levels next month, though, with the launch of the black Wii and the new Sports/Sports Resort bundle. While Nintendo probably won't drop the price until at least the holidays (though they might try to hold off until next year), the new package may be seen as enough of a value-add to get a sales bounce.

Also to note is that NPD is no longer doing giving out PS2 numbers. I'm sure Sony will be glad to see that as while they were good sales, it just showed how bad PSP sales were in comparison. Also I think that's a bunch of software sales they're losing because people buy PS2's, then dive through the $15/less bins of used PS2 games at Gamestop. If they had them available digitally, or the top series remade like with GoW, that would be easy money.

[quote name='lokizz']who the fuck keeps buying wiis?[/QUOTE]

I ALMOST bought one last week but I ended up building a competitive Magic The Gathering deck from scratch (it was about the same price.)

[quote name='dallow']Last MH on PSP was 67k or so.

Not super terrible for Tri, but cements that MH will never be a force in NA.[/QUOTE]

From that big thread a while back, the lifetime sales of the two Monster Hunter PSP games before Unite (The PS2 one was never asked about):
As of January 2008...
Monster Hunter Freedom 1 - 129k
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - 98k

Sad that SSF4 wasn't closer to the 300k range.

PSP is done and over with. Just announce the new one already. Quit announcing good games hampered by shitty controls and make a system with two analog nubs or something already. (Peace Walker)

[quote name='Cao Cao']From that big thread a while back, the lifetime sales of the two Monster Hunter PSP games before Unite (The PS2 one was never asked about):
As of January 2008...
Monster Hunter Freedom 1 - 129k
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - 98k[/QUOTE]

So...you're saying that Monster Hunter Tri is the most successful Monster Hunter game in NA to date? I don't really know what to say about that. I think the horrible demo hurt that game somewhat. How much? If the demo was decent, or maybe if one didn't exist it probably would've beaten SSFIV out for 10th.

I don't know what the PSP can do anymore. Yeah, it survives because of the Japanese market. Everywhere else its' sales are low and its' software sales are non-existant. Even in a terrible month, 67,000 units is horrendous. I want to know the PS2 numbers for last month because I'm 90% sure they were better than the PSP numbers.

[quote name='jer7583']Sad that SSF4 wasn't closer to the 300k range.

PSP is done and over with. Just announce the new one already. Quit announcing good games hampered by shitty controls and make a system with two analog nubs or something already. (Peace Walker)[/QUOTE]

thank you!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is it possible for Monster Hunter to start selling more or do you guys think it's pretty much dead at this point?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure with the weekly quests and such, that it could sell more. how much more, not exactly sure.

I haven't picked it up yet, only because I'm in a buying freeze, but I plan on picking it up.

I think if Capcom could have done a few more advertisements it could have sold more.

[quote name='jer7583']Sad that SSF4 wasn't closer to the 300k range. [/QUOTE]

I seriously hope the game goes on to sell a lot more. I was pretty late to the IV party but Super is seriously worth the money. I wouldn't have felt cheated even if it was $60 even with having bought the original IV. Great game that I'll most likely be playing for years.

Top 20 is out:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=28566
top-20-apr-2010%20%281%29.png

[quote name='xycury']I'm sure with the weekly quests and such, that it could sell more. how much more, not exactly sure.

I haven't picked it up yet, only because I'm in a buying freeze, but I plan on picking it up.

I think if Capcom could have done a few more advertisements it could have sold more.[/QUOTE]

I saw a few ads for this game, more than SSFIV

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Ouch @ Final Fantasy XIII falling off of the charts totally.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the exact same thing happen in Japan? It sold gangbusters, then nothing.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Didn't the exact same thing happen in Japan? It sold gangbusters, then nothing.[/QUOTE]
Yup. I guess that means that the only people interested in the game at all were the hardcore fans who preordered.

Square's new strategy: Announce game, let pre-orders roll in for 5 years, release game.

I don't know if that's going to work for the future. It had pretty terrible word of mouth, so that's probably why it's not here. I could see MHT remaining in the Top 20 for May because the word of mouth has been good. Also MLB The Show continuing to outsell 2K10 is awesome. But now God of War Collection is gone.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is it possible for Monster Hunter to start selling more or do you guys think it's pretty much dead at this point?[/QUOTE]

dead in the water. kinda interesting that people were expecting it to do well. I think the Monster Hunter series is pretty much inaccessible. Very strange, convoluted, and clunky game that requires a huge time commitment.

[quote name='ninja dog']dead in the water. kinda interesting that people were expecting it to do well. I think the Monster Hunter series is pretty much inaccessible. Very strange, convoluted, and clunky game that requires a huge time commitment.[/QUOTE]

It's good for Monster Hunter, but against other games, it's not.

If MH3 would have been on the PS3, I'd have probably gave it a serious thought. None of my friends have a Wii (at least the ones who play games); and the friend code thing is such a CF, I don't even want to bother w/it.

I'm glad Sony go their target 13 million consoles in 2009. That's pretty outstanding considering what a mess they were (or are) in. They got the games, they got the price, they got the cost down; now Sony just needs to get people to buy the thing already.

I really want a PSP (mainly for God of War and a possible Yakuza), but I'm really hoping that there will be a new HD PSP2 that's fully BC and has a 32 GB flash storage.

bread's done
Back