Arcana Heart 3 (Limited Edition) £17.85 @ Zavvi (PS3)

Thanks, got one for PS3. Sometimes PAL 360 games are region free and I bought a ton that way, but I THINK this one is region locked. :bomb: Wanted it on 360, but oh well.

A real shame with all the region locking BS. Nothing should ever be region locked in this day and age.

shit.. im concerned. i ordered quite a few items when i ordered it. Had some problems so i had to call them. Looks like its getting shipped out in pieces, which im guessing means tons of padded envelopes instead of a proper box >_<

AH3 did ship though and i had 2 so hopefully those will be in a box. The lady on the phone told me they started shipping them in boxes because theyve been having a lot of damaged complaints

I enjoyed Arcana Heart 1 a good deal, but my friends thought it was lame.
Is there any kind of online community for 3? Because there doesn't appear to be much of a tournament scene. It is perhaps the only modern fighter other than VF5 (and that has an excuse) that I didn't see at Evo.

[quote name='no_exit']Received mine today in perfect condition.[/QUOTE]

Was it shipped in a box or one of those form fitting cardboard wrappers?

Received mine today in the same fitted cardboard box. Reminds me of how books are usually shipped. One of the corners of the box was dinged up, but everything inside was in good condition.

[quote name='bojay1997']Was it shipped in a box or one of those form fitting cardboard wrappers?[/QUOTE]
Like the others have stated, it was in a form fitting cardboard wrapper. But the LE is substantial. So it can take a little abuse and still be fine.

[quote name='WhiteLens']If only Zavvi would stop sucking when I try to use PayPal...[/QUOTE]

Just use a credit/debit card. If you don't have one then give someone else cash & use their card.

How do you add the address exactly? Sorry but it's asking me to add in 2 different lines, when I usually use the one. State and City for the other?

Got mine today as well, got it and Lord of Arcana but packaged separately which of course got squished. Wish they would've shipped them together. But at Least Arcana Heart 3 came mostly unharmed with a ding in the corner.

I'm still waiting on mine, back when I ordered it on the 18th. I seems like my packages from the UK are now taking longer... normally I'd have them within 7-8 days.

I used a credit card & got charged 2 separate transactions ($28.59 & $1.58). What the deuce is the 2nd charge for?!?...Fee for using a credit card overseas?! Too bad I wasn't able to use PayPal since it was acting up on me. Did you PayPal users get this 2nd charge also?

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I used a credit card & got charged 2 separate transactions ($28.59 & $1.58). What the deuce is the 2nd charge for?!?...Fee for using a credit card overseas?! Too bad I wasn't able to use PayPal since it was acting up on me. Did you PayPal users get this 2nd charge also?[/QUOTE]

The second charge is the the 99 pence shipping they charge now. Not sure why they do it separately, but that's how they did it for me the last time I ordered as well. Your credit card company may also charge you a foreign transaction fee (not all of them do, some hide it in the exchange rate), but you probably won't see that until your month end statement.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I used a credit card & got charged 2 separate transactions ($28.59 & $1.58). What the deuce is the 2nd charge for?!?...Fee for using a credit card overseas?! Too bad I wasn't able to use PayPal since it was acting up on me. Did you PayPal users get this 2nd charge also?[/QUOTE]

Second charge is shipping, I think.

Thanks for the info guys! Ya, I figured it was a fee of some sort (by my CC company) or the shipping fee (outside of the U.K.).

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Never shopped here before, but is it just $28 U.S.? Do they charge shipping?[/QUOTE]

That $28.59 price includes free shipping in the U.K. & the additional $1.58 charge is for shipping outside the U.K. so you're basically paying the same price as the downloadable version here in the states (well, $1 - $2 less once you factor in your state tax).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Thanks for the info guys! Ya, I figured it was a fee of some sort (by my CC company) or the shipping fee (outside of the U.K.).

That $28.59 price includes free shipping in the U.K. & the additional $1.58 charge is for shipping outside the U.K. so you're basically paying the same price as the downloadable version here in the states.[/QUOTE]
Beautiful, thank you!

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I read that credit cards charge a Foreign Transaction Fee anywhere between 1% (Visa) to about 2% (Discover).

http://usa.visa.com/personal/using_visa/exchange_rates_faq.html

A few credit cards like the American Express "Platinum" card for example have *some* of that fee waived depending on the transaction.

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/2011/credit-card-no-foreign-transaction-fee/[/QUOTE]

So I just called my CC company & they confirmed the 2nd charge ($1.58) was from Zavvi & NOT from them although those 2 charges included a 3% foreign transaction fee. :roll:

Did you PayPal users get charged a 1% - 3% fee as well?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Beautiful, thank you![/QUOTE]

You're welcome!

I'm not seeing a conversion charge on paypal. Breakdown was $29.18 USD for the game and $1.60 for shipping in assuming. But yeah, as far as two transactions go, got a separate one for shipping from Zavvi.

how is the online communtiy? does still have a large base? or is small that takes forever to find a match? will this region affect the online since it played in the US?

[quote name='kitsunisan']I'm not seeing a conversion charge on paypal. Breakdown was $29.18 USD for the game and $1.60 for shipping in assuming. But yeah, as far as two transactions go, got a separate one for shipping from Zavvi.[/QUOTE]

I could've sworn I was charged this fee on PayPal but that was years ago so perhaps I'm wrong, LOL! Meh, either way 3% of $30 is less than a $1 so no big deal.

Online community was decent 2 months ago when I was playing for the platinum - I never had a problem finding ranked matches. All regions share the same servers, and I was playing matches vs Japanese people with not too much lag in most cases.

I got my copy 2 days ago with a ding in the corner as well. The box almost felt heavier than my JP limited edition (which came with a pin set), but that's just because it's a more compact box I guess. The scale said the JP one was 3 oz heavier.

It's a wonderful thing to have a credit card with no foreign transaction fees, indeed.

Just received mine and it was in the same type of packaging textbooks would arrive in. Couple corners nicked (not bad at all) but overall great condition! Heavy mofo too!

This is the first time ordering outside the us.

I see 4 lines in adress and post code
How should I fill the form. I live in CA in a apartment complex

[quote name='SGH360']This is the first time ordering outside the us.

I see 4 lines in adress and post code
How should I fill the form. I live in CA in a apartment complex[/QUOTE]

Good question, I'm assuming that line 4 will be apartment code, and that postal code is the same as zip code, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyone care to share some knowledge?

[quote name='milleniumbugx']Good question, I'm assuming that line 4 will be apartment code, and that postal code is the same as zip code, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyone care to share some knowledge?[/QUOTE]

You are correct. I put the street address on top line (1st asterisk), then city and state on 2nd asterisk. Extra 2 lines for apt etc. Postcode is the zip.

Silly question, but what do you use as your Country? I don't see USA, United States, America, etc. in the list. O_O!

[quote name='Kain']Silly question, but what do you use as your Country? I don't see USA, United States, America, etc. in the list. O_O![/QUOTE]

Not a silly question at all. I missed out on this deal the first time around because USA wasn't showing up in my window either.
Try a different browser, United States should hopefully show up (right under United Kingdom I believe).

[quote name='SDC']Not a silly question at all. I missed out on this deal the first time around because USA wasn't showing up in my window either.
Try a different browser, United States should hopefully show up (right under United Kingdom I believe).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I figured it out by trying IE instead of Firefox. Seems they don't want to accept PayPal OR my Mastercard. Which leaves me with no way to pay. Grrr...

Mine finally arrived today. I ordered two copies along with Lord of Arcana so I could use a 5 off 50 coupon, and of course the shipped all three separately. My two copies of Arcana Heart seem pretty good, with only one of them having a ding in the upper corner. I probably won't get around to playing it too soon, so hopefully there will still be an active online community by then!

I thought this sold out. Thanks for the heads up!

I ordered the 360 version because I plan on getting a PAL 360 soon. Also ordered Deathsmiles PAL.

:cool:

I got mine yesterday, it was in pretty good shape. Also noticed a separate charge of about $1.30 on my credit card from them. I know its not alot, but still a unauthorized charge is an unauthorized charge...anyone else have a similar charge?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I got mine yesterday, it was in pretty good shape. Also noticed a separate charge of about $1.30 on my credit card from them. I know its not alot, but still a unauthorized charge is an unauthorized charge...anyone else have a similar charge?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that's the delivery charge

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I got mine yesterday, it was in pretty good shape. Also noticed a separate charge of about $1.30 on my credit card from them. I know its not alot, but still a unauthorized charge is an unauthorized charge...anyone else have a similar charge?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had the same thing. A separate charge when the package was shipped. I contacted them and they did confirm is was for delivery.

Here is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting Zavvi.com.
I can confirm that we now charge £0.99 per order for shipping overseas.
We are currently in the process of updating this on our website.
If there is anything else I can help you with please feel free to contact me."

bread's done
Back