Archambault's Big Video Game Sale

Solid-Snake-Eyes

Do not touch.
Feedback
61 (100%)
I saw this on a Facebook update from GameDealsCanada, assumed someone would post it here but I haven't seen it posted so I'm doing it. I picked up The Shoot and Mini Ninjas for $10 each, under $4 shipping total.

Archambault's Big Video Game Sale - http://$$$$$$/5GpAS - Incl. Alan Wake for $10, Dead Space 2 for $25 & more - Orders > $39 = Free shipping

Shortened URL won't display properly. http://www.archambault.ca/qmi/navigation/catalog/category.jsp?lang=en&navAction=jump&id=cat1200225&

All I'm really seeing is Dead Space 2, in terms of deals I'm currently looking for.

Capcom vs Tatsunoko at $20 and Sin & Punishment at $10 'aint bad, and it'd get me into free shipping zone.

Thanks for the heads up in any case, Solid-Snake-Eyes :)

I was scrounging for stuff to get up to $39 but when I realized it was only about $2 shipping per game I just went with what I wanted, paid $3.62 to ship two games to Toronto.

Just ordered two Wii games after seeing this on RFD. I've browsed their site before but this is my first order. Hoping for a good experience. :)

My order status has been "On Hold" since I put it in yesterday, anyone else? I searched google and one guy said he had the same status and it shipped two days later.

availability for some of the better ones has changed to 10-20 days. That is what happened last time (including for orders when it said available or 2-5days) until eventually canceled over a month later. id be surprised if there is some supply of cheap mini ninjas to get somewhere.

Damn, one of my items says 2-5 days but Mini Ninjas says 10-20 days. If they don't follow through on the orders its gonna give them a bad reputation. Ninjas said 2-5 when I ordered.

Everything in my order except for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is 2 to 5 days. I don't remember what Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was before in terms of shipping time but that is the game I want most (and No More Heroes 2).

I can say though their customer service is excellent. I had to make a slight correction to my address and I emailed their customer service yesterday evening around 10pm EDT and got a response around 1pm EDT.

[quote name='zoro69']availability for some of the better ones has changed to 10-20 days. That is what happened last time (including for orders when it said available or 2-5days) until eventually canceled over a month later. id be surprised if there is some supply of cheap mini ninjas to get somewhere.[/QUOTE]

same, I have no hope for mini ninjas

They removed the Mini Ninjas PS3 product page from the site, doesn't show up in a search and the link in my order summary goes to Page Not Found. Hopefully the orders go through, I emailed them today to ask what an order status of On Hold means and if there's a problem.

This is what they had to say about my On Hold order:

The product “MINI NINJAS” is at present in restocking, meaning that we did not have any more in inventory and placed an order to the supplier. We will send it to you as soon as we receive it, but it is impossible to give you a precise time for the moment. On the other hand the average times for delivery is about four to six weeks. If the wait turns out too long for you, we can remove this product of your order so it can be treated. Note on the other hand that you will have to replace an order for this product if you still want it.

Wish I'd ordered my two games separately. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, like Resonance of Fate is "on sale" for $44.99.
I'm pondering Dead Space 2 and maybe Alan wake. Both probably worth the $35 total.

[quote name='strife18']Wow, like Resonance of Fate is "on sale" for $44.99.
I'm pondering Dead Space 2 and maybe Alan wake. Both probably worth the $35 total.[/QUOTE]

Totally worth it if you like being in a state of constant anxiety. Really enjoyed both games, but they're hard on the heart.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Totally worth it if you like being in a state of constant anxiety. Really enjoyed both games, but they're hard on the heart.[/QUOTE]

Hah, well I haven't been exercising regularly lately, so maybe I should wait a bit then :p

There are others gone from the original list like ps3 blood drive. Lots of stuff already ordered including for items still "available" is never coming, they are terrible with their inventory stock levels

Received my order today. Both games had the fronts of their boxes either gouged or scratched. Sucks since I like my cases to be nice looking, not like they got into a slap fight with a roll of barbed wire.

That's BS. Was it just the plastic sleeve damaged or the paper insert or what? Or was it one of those games with the eco case with big holes in it? I'm getting impatient with these guys, if they make me wait a few weeks just to cancel my order I'll be pissed.

So I just emailed these guys asking them to split my order in two and ship The Shoot now, Mini Ninjas whenever they get it. Got this response within an hour:

Greetings,

We just verify with our supplier and, finaly, the video game " Mini Ninja" is discontinued. It will not be produced anymore, so we have no other choice to removed this game of your order. We will send "The Shoot" and we will adjust the price of the order.

We are sorry for this situation,

Best regards,

Customer Service
Archambault.ca website

That sucks. Maybe I should contact them about my order since it had Tatsunoko vs. Capcom in it and that says 10 to 20 days to ship and Alan Wake has now gone to 10 to 20 days to ship. I would have probably had my order if it wasn't for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

They should have updated you though on your order.

Well I had emailed a few days ago asking why my order status was On Hold. I think I posted their response in this thread, they said they were waiting to get Mini Ninjas. I don't think they would have done anything with my order if I hadn't written again today and I'd still be waiting for 20 days before they decided to just ship the one game.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Well I had emailed a few days ago asking why my order status was On Hold. I think I posted their response in this thread, they said they were waiting to get Mini Ninjas. I don't think they would have done anything with my order if I hadn't written again today and I'd still be waiting for 20 days before they decided to just ship the one game.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. You could get it from Amazon for $17.96...? (Not much help, I know.) It's through inetvideo on Amazon, so alternately if you've never ordered from them before, they offer free shipping to first time customers on orders over $20 (if you can find something else at $8+).

EDIT: I recommend Eternal Sonata. Or Knowing on Blu-ray, one of Ebert's Top 10 of 2009 and a cracking good show.

I'm okay with missing out on Mini Ninjas, I only picked it cause it was cheap. I thought I could have some fun with it but I can live without it, too. It was worth $10 to me but I wouldn't pay more than that.

Hmm, at inet's site it's $11.99. I'm gonna have to see if I can scrounge up something worth $8 that I actually want. Thanks for that tip.

My mini ninjas was canceled too. got an email. Still no news on Adrenaline Misfits. Funny thing is that I saw it in store, now its gone tho... duh

thanks for the heads up, ordered fromn inetvideo

I just got an email that they shipped my order. I checked the status and it includes both The Shoot AND Mini Ninjas... wtf?

Oh, I checked the receipt which is entirely in French and it appears that it says canceled next to Mini Ninjas, the total order price is still charging me for both games but there's a note that says they will contact me regarding a refund. These guys seem pretty disorganized, they should have refunded me first and never put the canceled game on my receipt. Left me with a bad impression for sure.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I just got an email that they shipped my order. I checked the status and it includes both The Shoot AND Mini Ninjas... wtf?

Oh, I checked the receipt which is entirely in French and it appears that it says canceled next to Mini Ninjas, the total order price is still charging me for both games but there's a note that says they will contact me regarding a refund. These guys seem pretty disorganized, they should have refunded me first and never put the canceled game on my receipt. Left me with a bad impression for sure.[/QUOTE]

same here, first time ordering online from them and not happy with how they proceed as well.

Horrible experience but I'll give them one thing, they accept Paypal. I think this is great and coming off the PSN hack I think it'd be nice if more/all online stores would accept Paypal... Playstation store more than anyone (but of course it doesn't, durr.) Actually the sonystyle.ca store did accept Paypal which surprised and impressed me!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']That's BS. Was it just the plastic sleeve damaged or the paper insert or what? Or was it one of those games with the eco case with big holes in it? [/QUOTE]

The gouges got right down to the paper insert. They must have been kept in a rack like the behind-glass games at Walmart or Zellers and when they were pulled out, it snagged them. It's a gamble ordering Wii games online if you have any sort of "collector" tendencies. :)

Luckily I haven't seen them do that eco crap to PS3 game cases, they do it with the 3DS though. Haven't bought a Wii game in years but I have one coming from eBay. They do it with blu-ray movies, I almost damaged one by accidentally pushing in the wrong spot on the cover.

The Eco cases I know are in more of the recent 1st party Nintendo games. It first started I believe with Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I got a new copy of Alpha Protocol at Blockbuster when it was going out of business near me and when I opened the game I noticed on the front of the case there was a little line where the paper had been pushed down. I open the case up and of course there is that stupid eco holes where the manual is.

Damn, the recent Wii game that I bought is Galaxy 2. Will be the first game I own with case holes, aside from 3DS games. I had an extra holeless Wii case but I used it for Wii Sports.

The Super Mario Galaxy 2 copy I got new never had the eco friendly case. It seemed to be pretty random if you got the eco friendly case or not. So you may be lucky in not getting one. Good luck.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']The Super Mario Galaxy 2 copy I got new never had the eco friendly case. It seemed to be pretty random if you got the eco friendly case or not. So you may be lucky in not getting one. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

My copy of Galaxy 2 has the eco-case. A few others of mine that I've noticed have them are Metroid: Other M, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

What is with these Archambault guys, they refunded me for Mini Ninjas but charged me shipping for both games!

Hmm, they claim it would have been the same shipping price for one game as for two. I could have sworn it said $1.99 when I added one game (they charged me $3.62) but I could be wrong. I just tried making a fake order now and it was $3.48 for one.

What are my options here? I emailed them about charging me shipping for both games and they now claim the shipping is based on the box size and distance. When I had the first game in my order the shipping was only $1.99 and after I added the second game it went to $3.62 and now they're claiming it would have been $3.62 all along. I know it's not a lot of money but I'm pissed at this store and wouldn't have paid that much for the game. I don't want them to get away with ripping me off even if its a small amount, they doubled the shipping.

bread's done
Back