Archer is now streamable on Netflix

Awesome! I anticipate this to be my next "got about 25 mins to kill" thing to watch, having fully caught up on Always Sunny. Thanks Haggar! You've got my vote in the next election!

MjC

Yeah, I saw a fellow CAG watching that around 3 A.M. and added it to my queue. I have never seen it, but I have heard good things.

i was really disappointed by archer, it's definitely no frisky dingo.

plus, it's been on hulu this whole time.

i dont really get this thread.

[quote name='Koggit']
plus, it's been on hulu this whole time.

[/QUOTE]

You're right. Having to create a Hulu account to watch Archer in standard definition with commercials on a 20" computer monitor is much better than streaming in HD on my 52" screen with no commercials.

[quote name='Haggar']You're right. Having to create a Hulu account to watch Archer in standard definition with commercials on a 20" computer monitor is much better than streaming in HD on my 52" screen with no commercials.[/QUOTE]

so this is a "haggar doesnt have an HTPC" thread? oh, okay

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I just noticed, they've got Firefly on there too![/QUOTE]

Fox has been sticking a ton of old shows on Netflix recently due to a distribution deal they just struck.

New things I've seen include every season of Buffy, Angel, Prison Break, The X-Files, Arrested Development, The Shield, King of the Hill, Bones, 24, and Rescue Me.

[quote name='Koggit']so this is a "haggar doesnt have an HTPC" thread? oh, okay[/QUOTE]

Yeah really.. Netflix streams in a browser on a HTPC just fine.

Or is this the PS360 crowd we have to deal with...

Not everyone has an HTPC--and even if they do you still have to deal with commercials on Hulu while it's commercial free on Netflix. So I'm not sure what the semi-hostility about the thread is about.

My TV doesn't have a PC input, and I have a Thinkpad that only has pc output and doesn't work with say RGB to HDMI cables etc. from what I've gathered. So it would be a big hassle to get streaming video outside of Netflix onto my TV. Personally I don't care as I don't really want an HTPC anyway as I'm not a big fan of streaming stuff instead of just DVRing it in HD--as I'll always have cable or satellite anyway for Sports. So I couldn't drop cable and stream everything online like many people do.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I just noticed, they've got Firefly on there too![/QUOTE]

Yup. And Serenity. I have had Serenity in my queue for ages, but I added Firefly when I saw it on there during the big TV show update of early April. :)

[quote name='dmaul1114']Not everyone has an HTPC--and even if they do you still have to deal with commercials on Hulu while it's commercial free on Netflix. So I'm not sure what the semi-hostility about the thread is about.

My TV doesn't have a PC input, and I have a Thinkpad that only has pc output and doesn't work with say RGB to HDMI cables etc. from what I've gathered. So it would be a big hassle to get streaming video outside of Netflix onto my TV. Personally I don't care as I don't really want an HTPC anyway as I'm not a big fan of streaming stuff instead of just DVRing it in HD--as I'll always have cable or satellite anyway for Sports. So I couldn't drop cable and stream everything online like many people do.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you can stream Netflix from a pc....? We're past hulu now.....

I'm not caring either, but ridiculous posts are still ridiculous.

[quote name='xycury']You do realize that you can stream Netflix from a pc....? We're past hulu now.....

I'm not caring either, but ridiculous posts are still ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Of course. But why do that vs. doing the 360 or PS3 or a Blurray player with Netflix that's already hooked up to the TV?

Note my post was about people who don't have HTPCs.

So for me (or others without HTPCs), for example, it's watch on my 15" laptop screen (be it Netflix, Hulu etc.) or watch easily on my 360 on my 50" HDTV. The Netflix app is the only reason I keep a Live account these days.

In any case, I just didn't get why people were being hostile toward the OP and posting all the crap about HTPCs etc. Who cares how others watch streaming video?

Also, does Netflix on PC have HD content--thought I'd read somewhere that was only on the 360 (and guess the PS3 as well now).

[quote name='dmaul1114']Of course. But why do that vs. doing the 360 or PS3 or a Blurray player with Netflix that's already hooked up to the TV?

Note my post was about people who don't have HTPCs.

So for me (or others without HTPCs), for example, it's watch on my 15" laptop screen (be it Netflix, Hulu etc.) or watch easily on my 360 on my 50" HDTV. The Netflix app is the only reason I keep a Live account these days.

In any case, I just didn't get why people were being hostile toward the OP and posting all the crap about HTPCs etc. Who cares how others watch streaming video?

Also, does Netflix on PC have HD content--thought I'd read somewhere that was only on the 360 (and guess the PS3 as well now).[/QUOTE]

See this is the problem, and where I pointed out. If this thread was mainly to the PS360 crowd, fine... why not move it out of the CAG L&OT forum and dump it to whatever netflix threads are open on each of those....

But making a thread to point out something miniscule... well just doesn't make sense.

It's like the GoG.com thread... it's good to point out that a new release is there, but should it be in the Deals forum?

Same slippery slope.

I really don't care, but I was just backlashing on ridiculous posts.

And for bonus points, you can run a streaming box from your laptop and watch it on your 360... it's out there... options that is.

As for your Xbox thingy... It's all in the arrangement, MS got a better deal and thus gets HD... while PC streaming gets a solid better than SD but lower than HD for bandwidth. At least that's how it's breaking down.

Well, I think the problem is the site owner has stupidly (IMO) refused to add a "media" subforum for discussion of movies, music and TV.

That's where threads talking about what's new on netflix streaming etc. really should go. But since we lack such an area--and TV, movies etc. are thus Offtopic--such posts go here. They shouldn't be in the 360 forum etc. as people can stream Netflix on all 3 consoles, PCs, iPads etc. so it's not a console specific thread. Movie and TV talk goes here, so it is the right forum for the post.

I have no problem with someone who loves a show posting a heads up that it's available to stream. Easy enough to not click on threads you think are "miniscule." Most of the threads in this forum are miniscule with people posting stupid shit about their lives that no one gives a crap about. Click the ones that sound interesting, avoid the ones that you find "miniscule."

netflix is a subscription service

archer is a bad show

it's been available for free on hulu for months

the organization/existence of subforums makes no difference. this would be the right place for me to make a thread about the disturbing amount of corn in my latest bowel movement but nobody would give a shit so i dont.

your argument could be "we should create a netflix thread." that seems legit. but it's not gonna stop me from bitching about threads that i wish didn't exist.

[quote name='Koggit']netflix is a subscription service archer is a bad show it's been available for free on hulu for months it's not gonna stop me from bitching about threads that i wish didn't exist.[/QUOTE]

u mad?

bread's done
Back