Archer Season 1 Blu-Ray $14.99 BBY Exclusive B&M (Pics Added)

vanton619

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I went into my local Best Buy today (Rockaway, NJ) to pick up Scarface and when I passed by the TV on Blu section they had Season 1 of Archer for $39.99. It's not much of a "deal," as the hand-written sales tag on the shelf had it at Best Buy's sticker price, but I felt it deserved a post since there is no news of this anywhere of this and I can't seem to find it anywhere online (Bestbuy.com & Blu-ray.com do not list it at all). All of the copies had a "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on them so I assume it'll be a while before it shows up at any other store. Here are some pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67259412@N07/6124216831/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/67259412@N07/6124216845/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/67259412@N07/6124216857/

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show. For people who haven't seen it, it is a mature, animated spy spoof. VERY funny, but not for the easily offended.

For those that don't need to have every single thing on Blu, Netflix has this in the instant collection

This price is terrible and not even worth mentioning, sorry OP. This is better for Blu-ray discussion thread

Yeah, I love this show, but season one is what, 10 episodes? i'll definitely wait on this one, but thanks for the heads up either way, OP.

Once it drops to around $20 I'll grab it as well :D

I already own it on DVD and have watched it at least 5 times. Not only is the animation great, but the show itself is freaking hilarious :D Can't wait till season 3 comes out =D

I watched it on netflix and picked up the dvd at target for 9.99 during a sale. I'd probably up to blu for 15 bucks which I'm sure I'll find this set for eventually.Then I'll give my old copy away to a friend to get hooked on it.

It's odd, you'd think other people would have heard of this release by now, or they'd be some sort of official release detailing it. I think you're the only person on the entire Internet to have seen it OP

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's odd, you'd think other people would have heard of this release by now, or they'd be some sort of official release detailing it. I think you're the only person on the entire Internet to have seen it OP[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

I would love if Archer was on blu-ray but I already picked it up on DVD when it was $10 during one of the 8 sales it had. Can't wait for Season 2 to be released (new episodes in a couple weeks too.)

This has to be one of the funniest shows on TV. I actually named my dog Archer. However, I will not even think about buying this @ $40. Too rich for my blood. Sub 20 and we are in business.

[quote name='YouGonnaEatThat']I actually named my dog Archer.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't "Duchess" have been more appropriate? =P

That is a fun show and I have to give it to Best Buy for getting exclusives to their stores. But it seems that all of there "exclusives" seem to be way up there in price. I am interested in this and Walking Dead exclusive but not interested in paying those prices. Especially since Archer has been on sale at Target already on DVD for $9.99 twice.

Thanks for adding a pic OP. So odd that they just ninja'd that thing into stores without any sort of announcement

Did they have several of them?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Thanks for adding a pic OP. So odd that they just ninja'd that thing into stores without any sort of announcement

Did they have several of them?[/QUOTE]

Maybe we will get lucky and they will do it in a weekly ad in the upcoming weeks

I'll buy the BRD for $15 (especially since the DVD can be purchased for $10 or less regularly, including at Amazon)... even though I already have the episodes on DVD.

$40 is insane.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Thanks for adding a pic OP. So odd that they just ninja'd that thing into stores without any sort of announcement

Did they have several of them?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they had about 6-7 on the shelf when I was there the other day.

[quote name='vanton619']Yeah they had about 6-7 on the shelf when I was there the other day.[/QUOTE]I can't read the SKU # for the item from your pics, would you mind posting it in here from your receipt?

EDIT: Looked over the pics again, and it looks like this is SKU # 3251039, which should be on the receipt. Can't look it up via BestBuy.com from the SKU number, though you could call a store and have them check it in RSS by SKU #.

[quote name='YouGonnaEatThat']I will not even think about buying this @ $40. Too rich for my blood. Sub 20 and we are in business.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The DVD version was on sale at Amazon a while back for around $12 iirc.

$40 for what? 12 20minute episodes? as much as i love the show i wouldn't pay more than $15, and the DVD version is fine, it's a cartoon, it's not like it's going to be super amazingly clear and breathtaking on blu.

I think that animation (hand drawn, cgi, or otherwise) gets the most out of the format. Movies like Evangelion, Beauty and the Beast, and Up all look out of this world amazing on bluray, and they are just cartoons.

I'll echo comments several others have made: great show, I want it, $40 is insane, I'll wait for $20 or below, and so on.

MAYBE if it were both seasons, given the low number of episodes.

[quote name='travOtaku']I think that animation (hand drawn, cgi, or otherwise) gets the most out of the format. Movies like Evangelion, Beauty and the Beast, and Up all look out of this world amazing on bluray, and they are just cartoons.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. The first time I was really impressed with HD, it was when I saw a station logo on an HDTV at Best Buy. Seeing the usually blurry lines and colors of the logo super crisp and clean on a large screen sold me on how fantastic the extra resolution could be for all the anime and cartoons I watch.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Lol, thanks for breaking the news, OP!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7309[/QUOTE]

Lords knows how long the BRD was a BB exclusive, but that news is the fact that it becomes a mass release on 9/13. That will likely help it get to the magically sub $20 price point soon.

The Best Buy exclusive Anchorman blu was also way overpiced then they had a deal for $10 a few weeks after release.

I'll hold out hope for something similar here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already own it on DVD. Would have been nice to have it on Blu-ray when the DVD came out; not really interested in the Blu-ray now.

[quote name='junglalien']mmmm this is the Archer thread not Walking Dead....[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, I confused the two overpriced Best Buy exclusives, sorry!

[quote name='klwillis45']The Best Buy exclusive Anchorman blu was also way overpiced then they had a deal for $10 a few weeks after release.

I'll hold out hope for something similar here.[/QUOTE]

This is in a completely different league. The Anchorman Blu-ray had some bonus items included in the packaging (random, worthless "collectible" junk, but bonus nonetheless) and a good number of new bonus features on the disc, as well as including Wake Up, Ron Burgundy which may not have been a draw for most, but at $19.99 that is nowhere close to as much of a ripoff as $40 for a Blu-ray release of a show that has been readily and pretty much constantly available on DVD for $10-13 for the past 6 months or so.

At 2-4 times the DVD price and with no exclusive bonus features, this is an unacceptable price point for pretty much any fan of the show. And this is coming from a ridiculously huge Bond movie fan (and also a fan of previous H. Jon Benjamin-voiced projects like Home Movies and Lucy, Daughter of the Devil) who is pretty much in love with this show.

If the price goes sub $20, count me in!!!

If that was the price for both season, I'd buy it, but for it to be just season 1 and it's Best Buy (timed exclusive?) is silly.

Damn!
I picked up the show on DVD a few weeks back because I heard Season 1 would *not* be released on Blu-Ray.

I'll definitely grab the Blu set when it gets cheaper ($40 is NUTS) and pass the DVDs onto a friend. :)

[quote name='ZForce915']MSRP for a lot of discs is insane. Take a look at Best Buy's selection of $40 Disney movies.[/QUOTE]

Great Jorb, ZForce!!! ;)

Yeah, the only people who actually buy those at full price are parents who have their kids whining that they want a particular movie or people buying them as gifts. Both of those categories would also have to consist entirely of people who haven't heard of Amazon or eBay.

Maybe I'll just have to hope that someone will buy this for me as a gift!

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Lords knows how long the BRD was a BB exclusive, but that news is the fact that it becomes a mass release on 9/13. That will likely help it get to the magically sub $20 price point soon.[/QUOTE]
It's been pulled from Amazon and you can't order it and no general release has been announced by Fox. BB only for a while.

Don't expect it to be cheap anytime soon.

The BB Exclusive Drawn Together Movie BRD is still exclusive and still $25...still waiting.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Drawn+T...257&skuId=9835619&st=drawn together&lp=2&cp=1

Archer is worth the $40, so I'll probably buy it again. They better have season 2 on BRD though...

bread's done
Back