Are Blazing Heroes & DarkStalkers (Saturn) good games?

I would buy Vampire Savior for it(Darkstalkers 3). It is pretty good and arcade perfect

You need an Action Replay to play it though since it is an import.

the one for US saturns is good as well

Is the Saturn version any better than the PS version? I saw PS version pretty cheap a while ago, but not sure which system to get if for.

Also, it's a plus that the Saturn controller was pretty boss for fighting games. Though some may disagree I think it's one of, if not the best, 1st party conrtollers for fighters.

Blazing Heroes wasn't bad. I really like the Shining Force/Final Fantasy Tactics type strategy games, and this was pretty much the only one on the Saturn. I vaguely recall some graphical glitches or whatnot that made the POV a little challenging, but i enjoyed when I had it [almost wish I hadn't sold my Saturn.] I wouldn't pay a whole bunch of money for it, but it was all right.

I have fond memories of Blazing Heroes, but it really didn't have much competiton when I played it. Pick it up if you're bored or looking to build a saturn collection, pass on it if you're having to budget your time.

those are good games although Vampire Savior and Xmen VS SF are arcade perfect they require a convertor and 8mb cartridge to play.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']those are good games although Vampire Savior and Xmen VS SF are arcade perfect they require a convertor and 8mb cartridge to play.[/quote]

its 4MB.

Spend the 30 and get the action replay from Play Asia. It includes a memory card, 1MB and 4MB add on, and 4MB memory card. IT is well worth it

the question was IS BLAZING HEROES A GOOD GAME?? That is a matter of perception really. My initial answer is NO, the game was glitchy and the story was not interesting, then it occured to me that USA got kind of robbed of great RPGS. I would spend the extra money and get Draon force personally, as i have said before its on my top 5 list of games ever. Shining force 3 was good, shiny the holy arc was ok, I never played Magic knight ray earth. I played Albert odyssey but never owned it, so i couldnt tell you if its good. Vampire savior was awesome, as were most of the Saturn fighters. I agree with the person who said the saturn had the best controller for fighters, it was so smooth and responsive, makes me just shiver! Someday i hope to buy another Saturn and Dragon force. I might even rebuild a fighter collection :)

[quote name='slidecage']Anyone know why Blazing heroes came out iwth 2 different names[/quote]

Originally released as Mystaria in the US, there were some copyright issues with the name. It was later re-released as Blazing Heroes. For a time, the original release was sought after and expensive, but I don't think it lasted -- I'm not sure. I still have my copy of the original. It was one of my first Saturn games, and my first introduction to Japanese style RPGs. I loved it.

Don't bother with Vampire Savior, they changed too much over Nightwarriors. So yeah, Darkstalkers for Saturn (Nightwarriors) is an amazing game. I bought it the day it came out long ago, and sold it when I sold my Saturn five years ago, and regret selling both to this day. For those who ask about the difference between Saturn and PS1 fitghters, nearly all Saturn fighters were arcade perfect or at least closer than PS1. PS1 fighters almost always lacked animation. And Duo, without a doubt the Saturn pad is the single best pad for fighters ever (though the Japanese one topped the US one)

Sweet!!! I am getting them both just wondering if it was a good buy, but yeah I can't wait to play Night Warriors! Thank you guys for your input!

bread's done
Back