Are lines sanctioned? Hear out my idea

If an employee would catch you doing that they would most likely tell you to go to the back of the line or refuse to sell to you. Even if they don't catch you I'm sure the other customers would complain, and you will be forced to the back of the line.

Considering police are usually any place where groups of people are gathering, and you would be promptly pointed out to the cops, I'd suggest you go stand in line fairly like everyone else.

I think I have my question answered

I simply find the "line camp" ideal completely ridiculous: I've bought front seat tickets to concerts and gotten on planes first class last minute without sitting in line for three days.

Why do people even line up if they know only the first 20 people in line are getting one?

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']These places hand out tickets usually before the store opens. Not a sound plan.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and as someone else said, if employees see you they would just refuse to sell it to you.

Also, the cricuit city example you mentioned won't work since they are handing out vouchers to people in line.

[quote name='greendj27']Exactly, and as someone else said, if employees see you they would just refuse to sell it to you.

Also, the cricuit city example you mentioned won't work since they are handing out vouchers to people in line.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware they were also handing out vouchers.

So I guess Wal-Mart is the only non voucher place?

[quote name='sarausagi']I wasn't aware they were also handing out vouchers.

So I guess Wal-Mart is the only non voucher place?[/quote]

They just take names down instead of handing out tickets. Or at least the one I went to last year did.

[quote name='WanganRunner']Anyone care to explain what he suggested?

He's gone and edited his original post to cover his tracks, lol.[/QUOTE]

She, just so you know

Anyways. what I was asking was whether the lines or not were sanctioned by the stores. I know stores that hand out vouchers are pretty much sanctioning the lines, however

Stores were no vouchers are being given and systems are being sold on a first come first basis, what is the legality of walking into the store peacefully the second it opens, finding a clerk, and asking for a Playstation 3?

I honestly think it's what the scalpers deserve, I admit if I get more than one I'd sell it, but for example, my Wal-Mart's on patrol for one guy who plans on buying all the consoles through different people. I know lots of the people in line to wait are pretty much thinking on how to exploit this as much as possible...

Then there's the gamers, I have nothing against them...but come on..by encouraging the lines they just make it worse. I'm okay if I don't get a PS3, but at least don't make me wait 20 hours in line to find out I'm NOT getting one.

So that's the thing, the police and Circuit City aren't going to do anything because a guy goes in at opening time because he needs some printer paper before work. And if while he's paying for it or looking for it, he asks, "Oh, that PS3 came out today, can I buy one now that I'm here"

In that case it's up to the clark to decide what "first come first serve" means. If I were the clerk, I'd get the guy's system and say fuck you to the line waiters.

Circuit City is opening early on friday at 8am right? I wonder if they will be only selling the PS3 at that time and nothing else.... If they are that it'll be hard to buy some paper and try to get a PS3 while you're at it.

bread's done
Back