Are there any Border's coupons for this weekend?

I don't think there was anything save for coupons on specific items this weekend. Not that that is necessarily bad since it did make some new titles quite reasonable if you have the Borders Reward card, but otherwise you didn't really miss much.

I think this coming week will probably see another general 20% or 25% coupon so just hold out a little bit longer. I'm hoping for a 30% or a 40% myself, mostly because there are a few nice titles I'd love to pick up but $14 for a paperback is still a bit too ridiculous.

Oh well, at least I can pick up some more John Irving for $4 a pop...I think.

[quote name='Kapwanil']I don't think there was anything save for coupons on specific items this weekend. Not that that is necessarily bad since it did make some new titles quite reasonable if you have the Borders Reward card, but otherwise you didn't really miss much.

I think this coming week will probably see another general 20% or 25% coupon so just hold out a little bit longer. I'm hoping for a 30% or a 40% myself, mostly because there are a few nice titles I'd love to pick up but $14 for a paperback is still a bit too ridiculous.

Oh well, at least I can pick up some more John Irving for $4 a pop...I think.[/quote]

Wait a second, there have been 40% off coupons before? The most I have ever seen were 30% off coupons.

I too am in need of these excellent coupons. There are a bunch of TPBs and regular books that I just want to buy and these coupon really help lessen the load a bit.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wait a second, there have been 40% off coupons before? The most I have ever seen were 30% off coupons.

I too am in need of these excellent coupons. There are a bunch of TPBs and regular books that I just want to buy and these coupon really help lessen the load a bit.[/quote]

If I recall, a long time ago, there were a few occassions where there was a 40% off one item coupon here and there. I remember some of those occurances since that's when I picked up particularly expensive books I wouldn't have dared bought otherwise. With the appearance of Borders Rewards, though, I think it'll mostly reach up to around 30% at best, although you never know.

Some of the new releases I think have gone for upwards of 40% off, but those are more specific and are a bit more of a crapshoot. Worth a shot if you like what's on sale, though.

40% is almost always for specific items expected to sell in massive quatities. 'Event' items. The same books can be seen similarly discounted in big brand grocery chains.

Not to thread crap, because this is a tad off topic, but... These coupons always say electronics are not included, or are only 10% off. Does Borders group CDs under "electronics", or can you use the coupons on them?

bread's done
Back