Are there any good games coming out the rest of 2010?

Lazer77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
I cant tell if its just me getting bored of videogames, or if i just do not follow what major releases are coming out. But to me, it seems like the rest of 2010 is borderline dead of good titles to be released. I am an Xbox 360 and Wii owner, and i really play just about anything besides fighting games and hardcore RPGs.

-I am debating on Starcraft 2. I know it will be great because Blizzard never fails, but really i hate playing games on PC, and this will only make me want Diablo 3 even more (the one PC game exception for me).

-I will probably get NHL 11, i love sports games and i havent purchased a hockey game in awhile. I will think about Madden 11, but chances are i will skip it.

-Fallout 3 is being released again this year lol, i will probably get it regardless. I loved Fallout 3, let alone the Fallout series.

-Halo Reach, i will definitely get.

-COD: Black Ops, i am debating. As much as i love the COD series, MW2 was a complete failure online and i completely hate that game online. I will have to think about this one very hard.

Other than that, what else comes out this year? I have no idea.

Wii
Goldeneye?
Kirby Epic Yarn?
Epic Mickey?
Arc Rise Fantasia

Medal of Honor
Fable 3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
NFS: Hot Pursuit?

Goldeneye, eh i dunno, as much as i loved the original, it seems like a stupid rehash.

Kirby's Epic Yarn, yeah i will end up getting this down the road.

Epic Mickey, looks good, but it has too much room for failure as of now.

Arc Rise Fantasia, never heard of it but from the tiny bit i researched, i dont think its my thing.

Medal of Honor looks great, but i need to see reviews first. Medal of Honor has been completely overthrown by the Call of Duty series.

Fable 3, i loved the first two, but ill wait for a price drop (usually doesnt take long anyway).

Assassin's Creed, yeah this one is a probably buy. I really liked the first one, i LOVED the second one (first game i got 100% achievements), but i am just a little annoyed that they are releasing a new one in less than a year.

NFS: Hot Pursuit, this will be a rental for me. I love NFS games, but they are all starting to feel the same to me. SHIFT was a nice change, but it felt like a knockoff of Forza/Gran Turismo with a NFS twist to it.

For the Wii, I am interested in but unlikely to buy at launch: Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid: Other M.
Likewise for PS3: LittleBigPlanet 2?
360: Halo: Reach.

Most of what was announced at E3 that I'd want isn't coming until 2011. Oh well, I've got a huge backlog and little free time anyway.

:psp: Valkyria Chronicles II and :ps3: Atelier Rorona are probably my 2 most anticipated games for the rest of the year. I'm also hopeful that :psp: Prinny 2 will come out this year too.

I'll also probably pick up :360: Fable III: Collector's Edition, :psp: Persona 3 Portable, :ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and :ps3: Madden 11 at or near their respective release dates.

this year is pretty weak in my opinion in contrast to past holidays.

lots of the stuff, we have seen before.

i will probably only get two games this holiday season...gran turismo and black ops...

black ops, depending on if they fixed shit from mw2.

none of the stuff coming out this holiday really entices me tbh.

There are a lot of "good" games coming out this year. But nothing I'm super excited for, which is a new thing for me this year. Things I'm somewhat excited for though are:
-AC:Brotherhood
-DJ Hero 2
-Rockband 3
-MVC3 (this year?)
-Starcraft 2
-Little Big Planet 2 (more stressed about it then excited...)

That's about it. Kind of a sad year, who would have thunk?

A few that haven't been mentioned:

Dead Rising 2
Metroid Other M

Sin and Punishment 2 and Deathsmiles both come out this week.

One other game I forgot is castlevania lord of shadows. has lots of potential, since its devd by kojima and all..

will be interesting to see castlevania in this different light.

The Wii was such a beast earlier in the year with No More Heroes 2 and Tats Vs, and then out came Mario Galaxy 2.

Yet again the fall is looking brutally good if you own a Wii. I think the 360 is pretty light this holiday season but if your a FPS junkie like me Black Ops and Halo Reach is way more then enough. I'm also going to catch up on Blur, Red Dead Redemption and pick up Test Drive Unlimited 2.

for me
wii
lost in shadow
metroid other M
Kirby epic yarn
epic mickey
donkey kong country returns
sin and punishment 2
360/ps3
assassins creed botherhood
fallout new vegas
castlevania lord of shadows (??)
metal gear rising (??)
ds
professor layton 3
dragon quest 9
psp
valkyrie chronicles 2
kingdom hearts birth by sleep

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm keeping an eye on Vanquish, Crysis 2, Quantum Theory, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Those are about the only cross platform games coming out that I'm interested in. The rest are PS3 exclusives.

[quote name='Lazer77']I cant tell if its just me getting bored of videogames, or if i just do not follow what major releases are coming out. But to me, it seems like the rest of 2010 is borderline dead of good titles to be released. I am an Xbox 360 and Wii owner, and i really play just about anything besides fighting games and hardcore RPGs.

-I am debating on Starcraft 2. I know it will be great because Blizzard never fails, but really i hate playing games on PC, and this will only make me want Diablo 3 even more (the one PC game exception for me).

-Fallout 3 is being released again this year lol, i will probably get it regardless. I loved Fallout 3, let alone the Fallout series.

-Halo Reach, i will definitely get.

-COD: Black Ops, i am debating. As much as i love the COD series, MW2 was a complete failure online and i completely hate that game online. I will have to think about this one very hard.

Other than that, what else comes out this year? I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

These are what I'm looking forward to. Along with Crysis 2, Vanquish, Fable III and L.A. Noire since Take-Two has continued to claim that it'll make 2010. Pretty much all of the other good stuff isn't out until 2011.

Edit: fuck, almost forgot about Civ V. That looks amazing.

Take it I'm the only one looking forward to Splatter House?

Metal Gear Solid: Rising, PixelJunk Shooter 2, Rush'N Attack Ex-Patriot, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Time Crisis: Razing Storm, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Enslaved are just a few games I'm looking forward to.

Does Rising have a release date? I've been assuming 2011, but now that I think about it I haven't seen one mentioned.

Well thanks guys, obviously i had no clue about any games coming out this year lol. Now i have a bigger picture, i really appreciate it.

The games i REALLY want though:
1) Diablo 3, i have slowly started to grow out of games and now i dont play them as much as i used to. But i am more hyped over this game than i think i have been for any other game in my life. I absolutely cant wait.
2) The new Deus Ex, honestly i never played the first two, i heard a lot about them from friends, but to me it seems like a game i can really enjoy. Let alone the trailer for the game was insanely good, seemed like it was more for a movie than a game.
3) Halo Reach, i am not a huge Halo fanboy, i can admit that its very overrated. But overrated does not mean they are not damn good games. Halo 1 was incredible, Halo 2 was alright, Halo 3 was incedible, Halo ODST was alright, but think since this is their final main game (not like ODST or Halo Wars), that this one will be top quality.

Sadly 2/3 of those come out in 2011 (if not later).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']There are a lot of "good" games coming out this year. But nothing I'm super excited for, which is a new thing for me this year. Things I'm somewhat excited for though are:
-AC:Brotherhood
-DJ Hero 2
-Rockband 3
-MVC3 (this year?)
-Starcraft 2
-Little Big Planet 2 (more stressed about it then excited...)

That's about it. Kind of a sad year, who would have thunk?[/QUOTE]

You didn't list the game which is your avatar(which comes out this Tuesday), Naughty Bear?

I was looking into getting that game for a while, but I may skip it till it's cheaper and go with Enslaved.

And assuming it makes it out before doomsday(or at least before Duke Nukem Forever :lol:) I'm looking forward to I Am Alive as well.

Otherwise, there's no games on the horizon that I even vaguely want.

See i love mafia and organized crime related things, the Godfather trilogy is one of my favorite movies ever (since its just one long ass movie in 3 parts).

But i played the original Mafia and maybe i just didnt give it good enough of a chance, but it wasnt very memorable. It was very slow paced and felt so pointless. Is the new one supposed to be good?

Not a whole lot I'm stoked for. Only have a 360 and I'll definitely get Fallout: New Vegas and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood sometime. Fallout will wait until next year for sure as I just finished Fallout 3 and expansions so I'm a bit burnt out on the game for a while. AC I'll get whenever it's available on Goozex.

Fable 3 I'll probably end up getting, but also a wait for Goozex game. I may get Halo Reach near launch just to have something new to play this fall.

Otherwise just catching up on older 360 games as usual as I tend to play things 6-12 months behind once I get them off Goozex etc.

Not too much for me, but maybe Starcraft 2 if it gets cheap and Fallout New Vegas. There's still a lot of recent games I'm waiting to get cheaper, like Mario Galaxy 2, Monster Hunter Tri, and Modern Warfare 2.

My wife really wants Dragon Quest IX and that's about it.

Anyone know when MotorStorm 3 is coming out?

Oh and Shank is out soon - that looks brilliant!

bread's done
Back