Are wavebirds no longer being made?

Nintendo doesn't have them online anymore, so it looks like they're going the way of the GBPlayer.

It sucks, I've been waiting for amazon to get a Gray Wavebird in for months.

I have two going back to my GCN and when Kmart had the Metroid/Mario Party bundles clearanced. Two of my friends just bought one for their Wiis recently. I think I'm going to have to be on the look out now for at least another one or two in case they are getting ready or have stopped producing them just in case the ones I have break or go bad. I still have some regular GCN controllers (with the cable) that I use(d) for games that I really want to feel the vibration such as Metroid prime, etc. The wavebirds were particularly great for fighting games like Soul Calibur 2 where I didn't really want to feel the rumble during gameplay to offset me..

My local Target had them on clearance for about $12 or $14 each. I didn't pick one up, but when I went back later to do so they were all gone.

I have no idea whether they are officially discontinued (though, with Nintendo announcing the end of Gamecube support it wouldn't be a shock), but I can say that every place that had a few and sold them hasn't re-stocked them. They're definitely out there, but I suspect that once they're gone, that's it.

Regular controllers are everywhere, though.

Definitely looks like it. New platinums are already going for $40-$50 on Ebay. Once Smash Brothers Brawl comes out expect that to go up by a pretty fair amount.

[quote name='Puzznic']Definitely looks like it. New platinums are already going for $40-$50 on Ebay. Once Smash Brothers Brawl comes out expect that to go up by a pretty fair amount.[/quote]

I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to not allow newcomers to purchase the game.

I'm sure we'll see a reprint of at least one color once that game comes out (unless they decide to use the classic controller as well).

[quote name='Puffa469']Wiibird[/QUOTE]
Knowing Nintendo, that would mean making it plug into the bottom of your fucking Wiimote :whistle2:|

bread's done
Back