Are you two together?

[quote name='DuelLadyS']If it's just cashiers, there's probably no malice behind it... we need to try and figure out if you're making seperate purchases so another cashier can help you. And it doesn't always matter if the people are obviously friends/married/etc- all we need to know is, are you shopping together? Since it's not uncommon for couples to make seperate purchases to distinquish between school and home, or take advantage of extra coupons, or keep expenses evenly spread across the family's accounts.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking at work when I ask that. I'm Indian and my girlfriend is white so it's not a race thing. If you two aren't standing close enough or aren't talking to eachother I'm going to assume your not together. Lol I've asked that question probably 100,000 times now at work and honestly it's been directed at same race couples more than interracial couples.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Oh, the Garden of Eden - where God first made white Christians is in Africa?

Just kidding.[/QUOTE]

BTW... Adam and Eve were Jewish, like Jesus...

Soodmeg you're Jamaican too? sweet. Born in Canada but my parents are Jamaican.

As for the OP. My ex is white and it's not something I particularly noticed. Though seeing you with a kid and a woman I'm hard pressed to find any logical reason to assume you weren't together. Then again I tend to be rather obsessive and when I was with her I generally don't notice things (I got chastised for this frequently and regularly) even outside that I tend not to notice racial leanings not because they don't happen to me but because I would never think to do it so I just assume others wouldn't be so open about it either.

Hell yeah, what the hell is your Jamaican parents doing in cold Canada? I curse mine for moving to Michigan after I was born in Tennessee.

well back in the day it was the thing to do. Most of my family and their friends are split between the island and Canada with a few over in England. I actually grew up in the US (moved when I was 2yo), but hey I'm glad they moved when they did b/c ya know the whole brain tumor thing and being Canadian probably saved my life and what all.

[quote name='eldergamer']I wonder if this happens to homosexual couples as well? Or other interracial couples?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it has less to do with that and more to do with she's kinda pretty and you're, well, fugly?

So I was browsing this thread while logged out (I seem to have some cookie problems, I don't know, it doesn't keep me logged in for long) and while browsing CAG as a guest there are ads...

Check this beast out, especially the dude's apathy:
imgado.gif

[quote name='Soodmeg']Afro Romance?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!??!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

I know, right?! Neither one of them has one in the picture, so I'm a little confused...

The problem with interracial couples is they produce Half Breed kids. Any CAG that has known me for a while will know how much I hate half breeds. DAMN YOU HALF BREEDS!!!!!

dude half-breeds are the hotness. I would never let my preferences dictate a girl I talk to but after Puerto Ricans and Jamaicans, the half-breeds would probably be my third favorite type of girl.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The problem with interracial couples is they produce Half Breed kids. Any CAG that has known me for a while will know how much I hate half breeds. DAMN YOU HALF BREEDS!!!!![/QUOTE]

I wonder how Cheapy feels about that, lol. :lol:

We will rule the world. Long live mixedfolks.com :)

[quote name='Wolfkin']dude half-breeds are the hotness. I would never let my preferences dictate a girl I talk to but after Puerto Ricans and Jamaicans, the half-breeds would probably be my third favorite type of girl.[/QUOTE]

I know that women always loved my hair. They always said I had "good hair". Damn this progressive baldness of mine. Damn it to hell. :lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I wonder how Cheapy feels about that, lol. :lol:

I know that women always loved my hair. They always said I had "good hair". Damn this progressive baldness of mine. Damn it to hell. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm presuming the "I hate half breeds" post was sarcasam based on his earlier post about being Jamacian and having a Mexican Fiance.

I'm really worried what my daughter is going to think about her hair in a few years. Nappy is a polite term for it. We're going through bottles of detangler spray or leave in conditioner a week just to get this thing combed.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I wonder how Cheapy feels about that, lol. :lol:

I know that women always loved my hair. They always said I had "good hair". Damn this progressive baldness of mine. Damn it to hell. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Guile? Please tell me you are not a half breed! DAMN YOU GUILE! Half breeds, always walking around with their "good hair" and their light skin thinking how cool they are and getting their cheeks pinched by old people. BOOOOOO!

Every time I say that my girl always warns me, "you are not calling our kids half breeds," in which I reply, "You gonna put them in their place early!" :lol:

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm presuming the "I hate half breeds" post was sarcasam based on his earlier post about being Jamacian and having a Mexican Fiance.

I'm really worried what my daughter is going to think about her hair in a few years. Nappy is a polite term for it. We're going through bottles of detangler spray or leave in conditioner a week just to get this thing combed.[/QUOTE]

It actual stems from High School in which a lot of my friends were mixed. So many in fact that they made fun of me for not being a half breed. Which is were my half breed rivalry comes from.

Ha, I remember them always calling me Snipes because to them I am was dark as hell. I am actually pretty damn light but compared to those "caramel" bastards I might as well have been one of their shadows. And you half breeds are so proud of your good hair. I will take my nappy Jamaican blood thank you very much.

Half breeds, so mean. :cry:

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm presuming the "I hate half breeds" post was sarcasam based on his earlier post about being Jamacian and having a Mexican Fiance.

I'm really worried what my daughter is going to think about her hair in a few years. Nappy is a polite term for it. We're going through bottles of detangler spray or leave in conditioner a week just to get this thing combed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I knew he's just joking. It's all good.

All I can say about the nappy hair is I remember my mom straightening my sister's hair a lot with a hot comb when we were kids. Not always a fun experience for either of them.

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm really worried what my daughter is going to think about her hair in a few years. Nappy is a polite term for it. We're going through bottles of detangler spray or leave in conditioner a week just to get this thing combed.[/QUOTE]

Just let her go "Macy Gray".

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah. I knew he's just joking. It's all good.

All I can say about the nappy hair is I remember my mom straightening my sister's hair a lot with a hot comb when we were kids. Not always a fun experience for either of them.[/QUOTE]

It's not a fun experience now with a brush and a bottle full of detangler.
And my wife has always had 'natural' hair. About the only time she got a relaxer was for our wedding. Rarely will she get braids weaved in.
(Those things are fucking expensive! And they take all day!)

[quote name='eldergamer']It's not a fun experience now with a brush and a bottle full of detangler.
And my wife has always had 'natural' hair. About the only time she got a relaxer was for our wedding. Rarely will she get braids weaved in.
(Those things are fucking expensive! And they take all day!)[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it takes 2 whole days. Just being a ride for that sucks.

[quote name='eldergamer']After 10 years of marriage and 15 years of being with the same woman I'm still surprised to hear this from cashier and check-out people.

I'm white, my wife is black. And it seems that whenever we go to a fast food place and I'm standing beside her, she'll be ordering and another cashier will ask "Are you two together?"

Granted we're not in the early lovey-dovey stage where we're holding hands or draped all over each other any more, but come on. It's even more surprising when I'm holding a light skinned frizzy haired kid. Where do you think they come from?

It's going to happen for the rest of my life too because you never see the same person working there twice in a row when you go to McDonalds once a month.

I wonder if this happens to homosexual couples as well? Or other interracial couples?[/QUOTE]
depends where you live at i guess. round here theres every kind of person dating whoever. like my godbrother is half asian(laus or something) and italian and dating a puerto rican girl. blacks whites w/e, nobody cares

I am blond hare, light skinned and blue eye'ed. My wife has dark hair, olive skin, and green eyes. We get the same question asked of us as well.

[quote name='Wolfkin']and look what an arrogant witch she turned out to be.[/QUOTE]

ba-dum, pitsch!

[quote name='nasum']Maybe it has less to do with that and more to do with she's kinda pretty and you're, well, fugly?[/QUOTE]I get that alot. That's why people ask us if we're together and say "WOW" when I say yes.

bread's done
Back