Area 51, The Suffering, Rise & Fall Civilizations FREE courtesy of Midway / Air Force

OMG... Suffering 2 is AMAZING. I just bought that on Xbox today for 6 bucks. Area 51 is also AMAZING. Damn this is great.

Hmmm... US Airforce sponsoring Area 51 game? Some kind of admission to Area 51 in real life???

Hmm, I remember this same exact deal that Midway and the Air Force promoted a year or so ago. Might give these titles a go again (I recall Area 51 not working on my old laptop).

Thanks OP.

EDIT: Files are apparently unavailable at this time.

[quote name='nflsonic']Hmm, I remember this same exact deal that Midway and the Air Force promoted a year or so ago. Might give these titles a go again (I recall Area 51 not working on my old laptop).

Thanks OP.

EDIT: Files are apparently unavailable at this time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Masker13']These games have been free since forever, either way a nice reminder[/QUOTE]

Was not aware of this deal originally myself (guy I know linked it in an IRC room I visit), but if it was up a year ago, that may explain why the downloads aren't working now. It's possible the games may no longer be available.

[quote name='nnthomas']I'm pretty sure it's the first suffering and not the second[/QUOTE]

Yeah, checked the wiki after you mentioned it. Thread title has been changed to reflect that.

crap, well I will download all when the files come back up..would really like to get some Area 51 in. That wasn't a bad FPS near the end of the original Xbox's lifespan..

Whats the deal with multiplayer/co-op/online play with area 51 ?

Anyone know if it works at all or did the servers get shut down long ago ? or what

(or for rise and fall of civilizations either actually)

Long as LAN/hamachi works im happy

[quote name='Skoad']Don't join the Air Force, it sucks when all your friends die.[/QUOTE]

I agree, don't join the Air Force. But most likely your friends won't die because they'll be in the Air Force too and generally quite far away from the actual fighting.

On www.Ausgamers.com they still have the installers for Area 51, Cellfactor, and one that I hadnt seen mentioned in this thread, Psi-Ops.
I would link to the individual pages on Ausgamers, but evidently they look down upon others pointing to their free game downloads. :)
Needless to say they have quite a few free games under their latest free games section.
Word of caution, I could not get Cellfactor or Psi-Ops to work on my core i7 with 7 x64
yet. both crash with obtuse error messages like could not skin cursor... so ymmv

and then as if posting made it better, I installed .Net 2.0 SDK x86 and CellFactor worked.
and running Psi-Ops as Admin took care of that. So free games for free? and they work? nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UjnHunter']what's up with the... ad.doubleclick eh?[/QUOTE]
Is that an adware check your antivirus stats and reports, been receiving them for sometime now.

ok, i'm in asusgamers.com, found Area 51 just by typing in the search box..where are you guys going to see everything that is for free on that site??

The easiest is from a drop down menu that's at the top, one of the options is newest free games. There were at least five pages of games, some decent some not so much. But still free none the less

[quote name='hpv']I agree, don't join the Air Force. But most likely your friends won't die because they'll be in the Air Force too and generally quite far away from the actual fighting.[/QUOTE]

As an Air Force veteran (Desert Storm -- man, I'm old), I have to agree with this. It's mostly the grunts on the ground getting killed. Not that this has anything to do with video games...

bread's done
Back