Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

[quote name='Peanut932']No shrinkwrap? I just assumed that both would be sealed. Did AA GOTY come with those 3D glasses?

Also, did both games have the "new game smell" that I enjoy inhaling so much?[/QUOTE]
The new game smell IS present, even if the shrinkwrap is not. The copy of AA GOTY came with the 3-D glasses. However, I do believe that someone at WalMart is seriously trying their damnedest to confound my OCD.

Not only are the 'not for individual sale' stickers like the old EB Games ones and on there with frickin' crazy glue(thus leaving LOTS of residue/pieces of sticker behind), but also I swear the coverart for Arkham City is intentionally a couple millimeters to a centimeter too big as it keeps popping out from behind the sleeve no matter how I try to straighten it out and get it even.:bomb:

[quote name='mgford11']Hmm Sku's are different between the online order (top) and your in-store (bottom).[/QUOTE]
They are the same. For some reason the WM registers added in a 0 at the beginning instead of just using the normal UPC #.

Oh and FYI: They pulled a Ubisoft and have a 3 page 'manual' in this game.:roll: But they made sure to add in a Batman catalog of extra shit like action figures and other crap you can buy that's 10-15 pages long.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The new game smell IS present, even if the shrinkwrap is not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. How about the 3D glasses? Not that I plan on using them, but were they included?

Just got my set. Walmart has a ton of these and I only came across one other guy who was waiting for the midnight release. He also mentioned that GameStop was packed with lines.

The bundle is both games in their individual cases, shrinkwrapped together. A sticker that says "not for individual sale" is on the back of each case. Trying to peel it off leaves a lot of residue, so I opted to pass.

I won't check the contents of City, as it's a present for a friend. I'm keeping GOTY Asylum for myself, as he already has it :)

~HotShotX

[quote name='Peanut932']Thanks man. How about the 3D glasses? Not that I plan on using them, but were they included?[/QUOTE]
He said the glasses were included.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
They are the same. For some reason the WM registers added in a 0 at the beginning instead of just using the normal UPC #.
[/QUOTE]

Oh great! So your SKU for the PS3 is actually 883929210312

[quote name='Peanut932']Thanks man. How about the 3D glasses? Not that I plan on using them, but were they included?[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that. I edited in that they are included in the copy of AA GOTY.;)
[quote name='mgford11']Oh great! So your SKU for the PS3 is actually 883929210312[/QUOTE]
Yes. The UPC on the back of the little cardboard sleeve holding the two games together is the same number as mentioned in your post.
[quote name='HotShotX']Trying to peel it off leaves a lot of residue, so I opted to pass.[/QUOTE]
If the sticker being on there and the residue it'd leave behind bug you, you could always use the method below for removing the leftover residue.

Take as much of the sticker off as you can by peeling it off, then use a piece of packing tape and stick it on the case and peel it off quickly until the rest of the residue is gone.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's no SKU # on my receipt for the PS3 version that I picked up from WM. However there is a likely version specific UPC#(088392921031) that's on the back of this lil cardboard sleeve that's UNDER the shrinkwrap that's holding the AC/AA 2 pack together.

For those nitpicky about versions/cases, the PS3 version of AA GOTY is RED CASE GH. As someone else already mentioned, there are 'not for individual sale' stickers over the normal UPC's on the back of each game's case.

Also, here's a big thing for those of us(i.e. ME) who were considering dumping AA on CL or wherever as SEALED for $20, both games are NOT SEALED under the flimsy shrinkwrap that binds the bundle together.

Let me repeat that: Both games in the bundle are MISSING THE SHRINKWRAP underneath the flimsy heat seal shrinkwrap holding the bundle together.[/QUOTE]

Just thought I would add my copy of AA did not come in a red case it is clear (these did not come with any 3d glasses and it says that on the cover), it does have the red GH bar at the top though. So there is a chance that your store will have clear cases for AA.

I think the walmart I went to probably had about 20 bundles for each system, I am just assuming they brought everything out and did not have any more in the back but that is always a possibility

Just picked up the collection. IAmTheCheapestGamer covered everything pretty well. There were 6 other people there picking up AC and none knew about the bundle. 5 of them were getting PS3 and 1 360. They were all pretty excited when I told them about the bundle =)

My store had quite a few bundles and only 1 CE that I saw. Happy hunting everyone :)

I think I received the best "pre-order" bundle...just sayin: Batman Arkham City t-shirt (limited to 7 per launch) and a Batman Arkham City cardboard cutout standee UN-ASSEMBLED!

Got home from picking up Arkham City, and the voucher for the Catwoman DLC has no redemption code on it. It was just blank where the code should've been. Just my luck. Had to go back. Finally, installing game now. Damn, delays. I just wanna play.

[quote name='jcp42877']I think I received the best "pre-order" bundle...just sayin: Batman Arkham City t-shirt (limited to 7 per launch) and a Batman Arkham City cardboard cutout standee UN-ASSEMBLED![/QUOTE]

A shirt that is already outdated and burning materials? By best you mean worst. Post that crap on eBay and hope you get a fanboy

[quote name='kiwimonster']YO Nos Promo for the Batman beyond skin is live
Gd04b.png

PS. Nos was on sale where I live for $1 a can still is I have like 15 cans :X. I think I'm addicted to caffeine damn you 5am mornings!
A37amS46cLecAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='merchie89']A shirt that is already outdated and burning materials? By best you mean worst. Post that crap on eBay and hope you get a fanboy[/QUOTE]

Crap? So me getting a limited, and by limited I mean distributed to Gamestops only, 5 1/2" cardboard cutout that will fetch at LEAST(!) $50 is crap compared to the $10 GC and $30 game you got with yours? Try being intelligent and not a shallow-minded dick. Sure my reply may have come off as cocky, but it were you, I'm sure you'd be pretty stoked at getting something like that

[quote name='jcp42877']Crap? So me getting a limited, and by limited I mean distributed to Gamestops only, 5 1/2" cardboard cutout that will fetch at LEAST(!) $50 is crap compared to the $10 GC and $30 game you got with yours? Try being intelligent and not a shallow-minded dick. Sure my reply may have come off as cocky, but it were you, I'm sure you'd be pretty stoked at getting something like that[/QUOTE]

Exactly best time to sell would be now! Not my taste. What best case a dozen people see it on your game room till you eventually throw it away...you know it will happen

[quote name='kiwimonster']YO Nos Promo for the Batman beyond skin is live
Gd04b.png

PS. Nos was on sale where I live for $1 a can still is I have like 15 cans :X. I think I'm addicted to caffeine damn you 5am mornings!
A37amS46cLecAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
[/QUOTE]

are there specially marked cans or something?

still debating about what to do about Arkham City, I have it for Steam already due to the Nvidia promo but really would like to play it sooner rather than later...

maybe get the bundle at Sam's Club since I have $30 worth of Walmart gift cards

[quote name='merchie89']Exactly best time to sell would be now! Not my taste. What best case a dozen people see it on your game room till you eventually throw it away...you know it will happen[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's what I'm trying to do! My room is much too small for a standee, and I don't care for it anyways..i just know that some do. And from the FEW standees in general i see on ebay or anywhere else...they fetch around $100 or more. That's all I'm looking for is some spare gaming cash. Let a collector have it while I use the cash fore more practical uses like gas, dates for my girl, or other games. It came free to me anyways..but i was lucky as hell to get it; and collector's know what they go for, so I know me asking for at least $50 is fair

[quote name='buckythekat']are there specially marked cans or something?
[/QUOTE]

I believe they should say Reward Series.

[quote name='buckythekat']are there specially marked cans or something?

still debating about what to do about Arkham City, I have it for Steam already due to the Nvidia promo but really would like to play it sooner rather than later...

maybe get the bundle at Sam's Club since I have $30 worth of Walmart gift cards[/QUOTE]

Yup what ethan said just look for the NOS cans that say "rewards series" (big yellow band around the top) on them. And they have a code which nets you 1 point and the skin cost 1 point.

Local store had about of 30 of each and a couple CE's; 2 of each I believe. Someone in line was waiting for The Sims Pets expansion... yeah...

Last edited by a moderator:
My Walmart sucks! Went for release and they didnt even have it out. I asked several employees to help me out and none had a clue to what I was talking about. WTF, Batman signing is posted all over the place!

Swung by my local WM after work. They had a cardboard display already out that was full of PS3 and 360 copies. Oddly enough they had both the clear and red cases for the PS3 Arkham Asylum. Clear doesn't have the 3D glasses and the red does. Red has one pair of 3D glasses, but I know for certain that when the GOTY edition first released it came with 2 pair.

[quote name='warpedsoul']So does Walmart have the dual packs out for people who did not preorder?[/QUOTE]

^^^Read one post above what you just posted...lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']^^^Read one post above what you just posted...lol[/QUOTE]

HAHA. I had my message typed for 20 minutes but had to leave the room. Thats weird.

[quote name='warpedsoul']HAHA. I had my message typed for 20 minutes but had to leave the room. Thats weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my local WM had plenty of copies on display, so I would imagine the same would hold true for most other WM.

I ordered from Amazon, but want AA. I wonder if I could return the Amazon copy to Walmart. I'm trying to figure out if the UPC will be the same. I've read a few posts, but nothing became clear.

[quote name='yuanhongsung']anyone know if this deal also work for collector edition??[/QUOTE]

Nope. The bundle is both games wrapped in cellophane with a Wal-Mart band around them. The CE is stand-alone.

[quote name='p-spiddy']Nope. The bundle is both games wrapped in cellophane with a Wal-Mart band around them. The CE is stand-alone.[/QUOTE]

ah. ok thx for the info :)

From the hour or so I played of this I have to say this is a bad @ss game. Much more so than Arkham Asylum. Graphics, controls and storyline are all top notch.

[quote name='warpedsoul']I ordered from Amazon, but want AA. I wonder if I could return the Amazon copy to Walmart. I'm trying to figure out if the UPC will be the same. I've read a few posts, but nothing became clear.[/QUOTE]

I tried doing that with a different game, F.3.a.r, and did not work. The woman said "It is not our game". But i am not sure it is for all games.

[quote name='warpedsoul']I ordered from Amazon, but want AA. I wonder if I could return the Amazon copy to Walmart. I'm trying to figure out if the UPC will be the same. I've read a few posts, but nothing became clear.[/QUOTE]

Won't work. The package itself has a sku that denotes it is a bundle and will not be accepted back without each item in the bundle. In other words the sku will be mismatched.

The hell? Fedex just dropped off my PS3 drinking glasses from House Party, but no Batman. I verified that tracking says it's out for delivery. They can't possibly be that inefficient that they have multiple trucks coming to my house...

[quote name='FadeToOne']The hell? Fedex just dropped off my PS3 drinking glasses from House Party, but no Batman. I verified that tracking says it's out for delivery. They can't possibly be that inefficient that they have multiple trucks coming to my house...[/QUOTE]

Definitely could be.... 1 truck does the guaranteed by Noon deliveries, another for the non guaranteed packages.

[quote name='FadeToOne']The hell? Fedex just dropped off my PS3 drinking glasses from House Party, but no Batman. I verified that tracking says it's out for delivery. They can't possibly be that inefficient that they have multiple trucks coming to my house...[/QUOTE]

That happens to me all the time with Amazon packages (with both UPS and FedEx). It's ridiculous.

Once FedEx came out to my house 3 times! Once for a phone, once for the battery/door for said phone, and then once for an HDMI cable. Horribly inefficient.

Just picked up my copy this morning. My Walmart is super ghetto so I'm not sure they had much on stock- the lady didn't even have them out on display yet, she went to some other counter and randomly picked one up from who knows where.

It came with a red GOTY AA...no 3D glasses though :cry:

Still keeping it though...

[quote name='plutoknight']Once FedEx came out to my house 3 times! Once for a phone, once for the battery/door for said phone, and then once for an HDMI cable. Horribly inefficient.[/QUOTE]

Yet still less inefficient than the U.S. Postal Service!

I jumped all over this. I got to my local walmart at midnight and the worker just looked at me like I was stupid for getting there so early for it (i live in a town with approximately 40k people). There were about 15 copies of the bundle there. Thanks for heads up on this!

imag0115jb.jpg

Haven't heard of this happening to anyone else. Am I the only one that opened up the box, only to find a Catwoman voucher with no redemption code on it? I had to go back and swap for another copy. Delayed my game time for about an hour. That's OK, i ended up staying up till about 6:30 am, only wake up at 8 to get my daughter to the bus stop. Long night, but well worth it.

[quote name='KemperJones']
imag0115jb.jpg

Haven't heard of this happening to anyone else. Am I the only one that opened up the box, only to find a Catwoman voucher with no redemption code on it? I had to go back and swap for another copy. Delayed my game time for about an hour. That's OK, i ended up staying up till about 6:30 am, only wake up at 8 to get my daughter to the bust stop. Long night, but well worth it.[/QUOTE]

Happened to someone over on NeoGAF...unless you're the same person.

[quote name='mgford11']Happened to someone over on NeoGAF...unless you're the same person.[/QUOTE]

Posted about it on IGN, but not the one you mentioned.

Not very happy that the games aren't individually sealed; guess I'll be keeping AA rather then trying to sell it.

Oh well. Still glad my Batman AA came in a clear case and not the goofy looking red ones.

[quote name='GBAstar']Not very happy that the games aren't individually sealed; guess I'll be keeping AA rather then trying to sell it.

Oh well. Still glad my Batman AA came in a clear case and not the goofy looking red ones.[/QUOTE]

Well the clear case one doesn't come with 3D glasses, which is why I opted for the red case w/3D glasses. Clear case even states on the front that it doesn't come with 3D glasses. It's the poor-boy version.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Yet still less inefficient than the U.S. Postal Service![/QUOTE]

Actually the USPS is the most efficient postal system on the planet, and one of the best in.shipping. If you go by facts and stuff like that. Congress is what kills them, along with some plain bad ideas thrown in.

fed Ex is broken into 4or 5 delivery divisions. Express, ground, home, freight, and I think one more. Ups and USPS use one guys for the different services, although ups also has a freight.

[quote name='6er']Actually the USPS is the most efficient postal system on the planet. If you go by facts and stuff like that.

fed Ex is broken into 4or 5 delivery divisions. Express, ground, home, freight, and I think one more. Ups and USPS use one guys for the different services, although ups also has a freight.[/QUOTE]

UPS is VERY efficient. They even have routes tracked out to minimize the amount of miles driven to the minimum. If UPS ever delivers twice to your house the same day, then there must have been some error, because that's not supposed to happen. Fed-Ex does have different divisions. Like their ground delivery for home is a totally separate branch of the company. If you had any kind of air package coming and ground package coming the same day, two different guys would be delivering them at different times.

bread's done
Back