Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

[quote name='6er']Actually the USPS is the most efficient postal system on the planet, and one of the best in.shipping. If you go by facts and stuff like that. Congress is what kills them, along with some plain bad ideas thrown in.

fed Ex is broken into 4or 5 delivery divisions. Express, ground, home, freight, and I think one more. Ups and USPS use one guys for the different services, although ups also has a freight.[/QUOTE]

FedEx & UPS = Profitable Fortune 500 Companies
U.S. Postal Service = Hemorrhaging Government Tax Dollars

That's all I'm saying.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']UPS is VERY efficient. They even have routes tracked out to minimize the amount of miles driven to the minimum. If UPS ever delivers twice to your house the same day, then there must have been some error, because that's not supposed to happen. Fed-Ex does have different divisions. Like their ground delivery for home is a totally separate branch of the company. If you had any kind of air package coming and ground package coming the same day, two different guys would be delivering them at different times.[/QUOTE]

Did you the ups has bought route patterns from the USPS back in the day? I've seen some big dispairity from postail regions also, while shipping identical items on ebay. The mail plants in Texas is amaziingly fast. The carolinas mail plants are mind numbingly slow.

I've also seen a UPS driver misdeliver a dining chair SET by seven blocks.

It all depends, really.

[quote name='KemperJones']

Haven't heard of this happening to anyone else. Am I the only one that opened up the box, only to find a Catwoman voucher with no redemption code on it? I had to go back and swap for another copy. Delayed my game time for about an hour. That's OK, i ended up staying up till about 6:30 am, only wake up at 8 to get my daughter to the bus stop. Long night, but well worth it.[/QUOTE]

this has been happening more and more lately. Rage had a bunch of these also from the anarchy edition.

[quote name='6er']Did you the ups has bought route patterns from the USPS back in the day? I've seen some big dispairity from postail regions also, while shipping identical items on ebay. The mail plants in Texas is amaziingly fast. The carolinas mail plants are mind numbingly slow.

It all depends, really.[/QUOTE]

Well that's driver error. Sometimes drivers fill in on routes while the regular driver is on vacation, so they might not know the route very well. When drivers get up to 7 weeks vacation.....there's a lot of the bottom drivers bouncing around from route to route quite often.

[quote name='BingoBrown']FedEx & UPS = Profitable Fortune 500 Companies
U.S. Postal Service = Hemorrhaging Government Tax Dollars

That's all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

Postal service isn't funded by tax dollars. Look it up, happened in the 70s when it became an independent agency, still ruled by the gov, I know an oxymoron. It's actually forced by the gov to pay into pension funds that are overfunded. Again congress, Messing things up

Also. Ups has USES the USPS to deliver their lowest rate stuff. Both companies introduced a dual label that has barcodes for each agency to speed up handoff and return processes.

Fed also uses the USPS from time to time.
The USPS also uses FedEx planes to fly mail around since.congress made orb against the law to own their own fleet to prevent a total USPS monopoly.

In a recent interview a UPS exec said the USPS is an important aspect of the shipping community and needs to be kept around.

[quote name='6er']Postal service isn't funded by tax dollars. Look it up, happened in the 70s when it became an independent agency, still ruled by the gov, I know an oxymoron. It's actually forced by the gov to pay into pension funds that are overfunded. Again congress, Messing things up[/QUOTE]

Except the USPS hasn't had a budget surplus since the Clinton administration. And they've got a huge budget deficit right now, which they may default on. I understand the operation is intended to be self-sufficient, but it isn't currently. And if/when the USPS defaults, who do you think is on the hook? The federal government and taxpayers.

Man this discussion has gone off topic...

im going to call my walmart to see if they have this dual pack. I honestly dont give a damn about 3d glasses, 3d itself is a gimmick.

I guess the odds are that they wont have this next weekend? Im in college and i don't have a walmart nearby.

Dammit to Hell...I almost never buy a game on release date...today I caved. But I didn't get mine from Walmart because I didn't like the fact not each game was individually sealed, and that a lot of the copies of Batman: AA didn't come with 3D glasses. I heard even a few of the GH red boxes didn't contain the glasses.

So I went with Batman: AC at Toys R Us instead. I'm a sucker for toys so I was kinda in for the 70's inspired Batman figure. Really, looking at it the figure is super sweet. Real nice extra too was the free DLC 70's Batman suit to use in the game. $65 went bye-bye.

But I guess no matter where you get the game you win, since initial reviews place the game as a definite game of the year.

BTW, at Toys R Us you can almost get Batman:AA practically free as well with the current Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale this week. Go in, Pick up Batman: AC, Batman: AA GOTY, and another game for the same price as Batman: AA GOTY (if you want to do this as cheaply as possible). Depending on how you look at it, you not only get Batman: AC with your free figure and DLC, you get Batman: AA GOTY for free with the purchase of the other game (or half off if you divide the prices of the games in 2). Not only will you for sure get your 3D glasses for Batman: AA GOTY, but the game will be individually wrapped as well.

I almost went this route but I already have the regular Batman: AA (can pickup those other maps anytime for cheap on network), and I couldn't find another $29.99 game that I didn't already have or wanted.

My order is still saying, 'Your order is being processed. It will arrive on Tuesday, 10/18/2011' which it has been stuck in since last thursday. I also haven't been charged or even have a temp hold or authorization yet. I'm getting the feeling I'm not going to get mine....the bastards.

[quote name='solidus_00']My order is still saying, 'Your order is being processed. It will arrive on Tuesday, 10/18/2011' which it has been stuck in since last thursday. I also haven't been charged or even have a temp hold or authorization yet. I'm getting the feeling I'm not going to get mine....the bastards.[/QUOTE]

Mine is the same damn way. I emailed their support as they have no phone support. I went out last night and snagged the double
Pack in store too.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Except the USPS hasn't had a budget surplus since the Clinton administration. And they've got a huge budget deficit right now, which they may default on. I understand the operation is intended to be self-sufficient, but it isn't currently. And if/when the USPS defaults, who do you think is on the hook? The federal government and taxpayers.

Man this discussion has gone off topic...[/QUOTE]

Again, wrong. In 2006 I believe the USPS was in the black after being in the red for years. If it wasn't for congressional mandates, they would have had a surplus in 09 or 10. And the taxpayers didn't have to pay a cent in the 90s, and haven't had to pay a cent yet. There are even congressional proposals that would keep that from happening that were recently shot down. Why? Because if the USPS folds, something like 70 billion will be up for grabs in congress from the postal pension system. And that money was paid to the treasury.

Problem is the post office is tied intimately into a 1 trillion dollar shipping economy. But don't worry, congress always does the.best thing for the.economy.

On track, fed Ex had mine on Saturday at the local office. If I don't get it, they have serious issues.

Does anyone know if Fedex will require a signature for delivery confirmation? I have things to do and can't sit around much longer waiting for this game to arrive.

[quote name='6er']Did you the ups has bought route patterns from the USPS back in the day? I've seen some big dispairity from postail regions also, while shipping identical items on ebay. The mail plants in Texas is amaziingly fast. The carolinas mail plants are mind numbingly slow.

It all depends, really.[/QUOTE]
Seven blocks? Shit. That's nothing. I had a Media Mail package going to a CAG once. I'm in PA, they're in VA. The frickin' thing went all the way to either North or South Carolina before taking 2 weeks to get back up the damn coast to VA.

Then there was the time I sent first class parcels(two seperate games) to TN and MA. The one going to TN got delivered within a week, while I think the workers at the Boston MA sorting facility played hackey sack with the other parcel for TWO weeks, sorting and re-sorting and re-re-sorting it.:roll:

Does the new game have 3d support on consoles, thought I remembered reading something about that? Maybe I'm thinking of ac:r?

[quote name='6er']Does the new game have 3d support on consoles, thought I remembered reading something about that? Maybe I'm thinking of ac:r?[/QUOTE]

Yeppers.

I just got my games. They were both wrapped together, bound by a "only at walmart" label and then both have the labels on the side to keep the case closed. I got the platinum hits version of Arkham Asylum. It says its 3D.

I opened my Amazon copy with the comic, and the game itself was not sealed. Looks like I can't do a buy and return with walmart. I'm going to have to take AA/AC back for a refund :(.

[quote name='6er']Does the new game have 3d support on consoles, thought I remembered reading something about that? Maybe I'm thinking of ac:r?[/QUOTE]

It's stereoscopic (3d TVs only) and Anaglyphic (works on any TV).

Each has it positives and negatives. Stereoscopic gives greater sharpness, colors and 3d effects. But caps out at 24.4 fps on 1080p so it down converts to 720p to hit a stable 30 fps.

Anaglyphic keeps the 1080p but distorts the colors some as it uses color coding schemes to create the 3d. This also creates fuzziness in details.

Which I am sure you were all interested in...

[quote name='hufferstl']can we please put a **no spoilers** in the thread title. I might cry if anything gets spoiled.[/quote]

bruce wayne is batman!!!!!!

Well I went to my Wal-Mart today and they had about 30 bundles, they all were entangled by those spiderweb security devices. They had a bunch of Forza 4 LE's, so I got one of those instead.

[quote name='dominator912']
bruce wayne is batman!!!!!!
[/quote]

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Does the bundle come with the $10 gift card? Or is it offered only to online orders?

edit: Nevermind. Just read it was only for online preorders.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']I just got my games. They were both wrapped together, bound by a "only at walmart" label and then both have the labels on the side to keep the case closed. I got the platinum hits version of Arkham Asylum. It says its 3D.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except my Arkham Asylum doesn't say 3D (I ordered the Xbox version).

[quote name='galbyman']I just recieved the mispriced $60 Collector's edition from Amazon. :)[/QUOTE]

Man, when did this happen? Sorry I missed out :(

[quote name='BoromirsFan']why is 3d so important to you guys? Is it truly a worthy feature?[/QUOTE]

Right now no. Until they have another revision of HDMI to allow a stable 30 fps in 3d then it has to downconvert to 720p (along with other issues), which isn't worth it to most.

HDMI cables are capable of that amount of data throughput, but the the software side isn't there yet.

I will say for FPS I could see it being extremely useful, along with just being a factor that engrossed you in the game. You see glimpses of its uses in games now (FPS with sights/scopes and judging distance on the fly is much more natural). But the cons far outweigh the pros right now.

[quote name='mgford11']Wtf Walmart. Ship my shit out already![/QUOTE]

Your not alone. It's fucking ridiculous. Out of my first 3 orders at walmart.com they royally screw up two of them. Bravo wally world great way to attract new customers. I should have just stuck with my amazon order. I just went down to my nearest one and picked up a bundle. I'm calling tomorrow and cancel. I already know that there going to give me the run around saying it's being processed but I'm not going to take it. This is the last time I order from them.

I finally picked up my Arkham City from Fedex(had to work today). I can't wait to actually play it. Still need to try to track down a OS for that Batman Beyond skin. I already d/l'ed the Yellow Lantern skin last week.

[quote name='kilatofu']Just came back from walmart, had plenty of bundled batman's and they also gave me a free t-shirt and a poster![/QUOTE]
:bomb: They didn't give me shit besides the bundle when I grabbed mine this morning at midnight.:cry: Not that I ever hang up gaming posters when I get them and probably the shirt is a medium or large at best, so I'd likely end up having it look like Bruce Banners' shirt when he gets too 'angry'.:razz:

I picked up the PS3 version last night and all of the ones in the store had AA in the red case with glasses.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:bomb: They didn't give me shit besides the bundle when I grabbed mine this morning at midnight.:cry: Not that I ever hang up gaming posters when I get them and probably the shirt is a medium or large at best, so I'd likely end up having it look like Bruce Banners' shirt when he gets too 'angry'.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I see batman has already brought the comic book geek in ya. I think you forgot the old batman sound effects though *POW*

My walmart hadnt even put out stock by noon. Had a big ass cart of boxes and werent even sure if they got it. Just bought it at kmart.

bread's done
Back