Armored (Digital Copy) free on PSN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Not sure if it's a mistake or not, but the movie Armored, which came out in theaters earlier this month, is in the PSN video store for free! It's listed as a digital copy, so I'm guessing it only works with a PSP. It can be found in the Movies to Own section of the video store. Grab it now before it disappears!

EDIT: From what I've heard, it sounds like you can play it on your PS3 too.

EDIT 2: And we're dead. Hope you got yours, and sorry if you didn't. Mods, you can close this topic now.

Last edited by a moderator:
too bad theres no option to add it online. unlike the xbox live. im at work so i have to wait till at night. u sure its the full movie or is it just a trailer or something?

[quote name='trunks982']too bad theres no option to add it online. unlike the xbox live. im at work so i have to wait till at night. u sure its the full movie or is it just a trailer or something?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, it's the whole movie. Plus, the file size is around 1430 MB standard def.

I haven't looked myself yet, but are you SURE this isn't just the trailer?! Sounds fishy that they'd offer a digital download version of a movie that's supposedly only in theaters now.

Off Topic: Of course it would be awesome if the movie industry gave us a choice like this when new movies come out. Either choose to go see it at a theater or just download it at home...

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! He's right! I just checked, and am downloading it now... I had to do a search for it, but I found it... Will see if I can watch on PSP and/or PS3 when it's done.

I'm downloading it right now and another option popped up above the "download in background", its "play while downloading". I'm pretty sure its the movie since trailers don't do that (haven't downloaded a trailer in a while on PSN)

I can confirm this, I'm on the PSN network and I went to Movies/Own and checked the A's, and it's listed as "Armored Digital Copy for PSP" it's SD but it's free to download. I'm downloading it now, I'll see if it's the real deal.

EDIT: Size is at 1430MB as Lox is saying, and i'm Playing as I download, it's the full movie and looks pretty good on my 32' Samsung LCD. Man Sony messed up big time on this, especially since the movie came out on Dec. 4 in Theatres, LMAO! Thanks Lox!

This is wild. I was just about the post what HCHecxz did. It's a copy of the movie for PSP. It says it's 88 minutes, so I'm guessing it's the full movie.

[quote name='McNutsack']I know people love free stuff...but free stuff has the power to make people sit through a movie like Armored?[/QUOTE]

Did you sit through it already? Is there a reason you are not happy with a free movie?

[quote name='McNutsack']I know people love free stuff...but free stuff has the power to make people sit through a movie like Armored?[/QUOTE]

Well, it didn't take long for the movie snobs to start crawling out of their caves.

Awesome post, I'm downloading now. I wanted to check this movie out anyway, now I can for free and way earlier than I expected!

Downloading now, thanks OP! This is almost as good as getting BSG :The Plan for $2.99 a couple months ago.

I work at a theater, so I already saw this for free a couple weeks ago, not all of it, just about 20 minutes. But from what I saw it didn't seem bad. Definately worth watching for free.

Seems like an absolutely shitty movie, at least in my opinion, but who cares? It's free. The shittiest of movies are still quite entertaining. MST3K proved that.

[quote name='trunks982']too bad theres no option to add it online. unlike the xbox live. im at work so i have to wait till at night. u sure its the full movie or is it just a trailer or something?[/QUOTE]

Just install Media Go from us.playstation.com under PSP software. Go to the store and download.

Cool lol...downloading now. Not sure if it is any good, but its a PSP digital copy for free. Thanks OP.

I wish more movies came with the digital copies for PSP. Someone got me Pineapple Express on Bluray for Christmas, I thought it was cool that it came with the PSP version...but then it only worked for 1 pro duo memory stick that cannot be transferred. It would not recognize the psp go b/c it was not a pro duo stick...blah.

[quote name='zeb06']Cool lol...downloading now. Not sure if it is any good, but its a PSP digital copy for free. Thanks OP.

I wish more movies came with the digital copies for PSP. Someone got me Pineapple Express on Bluray for Christmas, I thought it was cool that it came with the PSP version...but then it only worked for 1 pro duo memory stick that cannot be transferred. It would not recognize the psp go b/c it was not a pro duo stick...blah.[/QUOTE]

lol, guess there's another reason to dis the PSPGo.

Finally finished downloading...this is the full movie and it is still in theaters lol! This has got to be some kind of screw up does it not? This movie doesnt even have a release date for bluray/dvd yet and is still in theaters (just released the first week of december?), yet its free to download on PSN?

Just finished watching it on my PS3. Funny thing is I probably never would have seen it if it wasn't free.

Not a horrible movie, certainly worth it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back