Arrested Development S1,S2 14.99 and S3 8.99 and Veronica Mars S1 17.99 at Costco

blandstalker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Arrested Development Seasons 1 & 2 14.99
Arrested Development Season 3 8.99
Veronica Mars Season 1 17.99

Those of you who got The Simpsons at Costco a couple of weeks ago will recognize this. There are stickers and signs that imply you have to buy S3 to get a discount off S1 or S2, but the discount prices ring up immediately.

There are a lot of other DVDs that looked like they dropped to 8.99, too.

Yes Costco is like Sams Club and BJ's. You pay like 50 bucks a yr for membership. Veronica Mars I picked up for my sister at Best Buy. It was $20 plus had a coupon 20% off all tv dvds on the back to school coupon. Also bought SouthPark seasons 2 and 3 for 15.99 also after coupon.

There are a few more on sale this week for 19.99

i love having a costco across from the street where i live.

but i just came back from bestbuy with AD3 for $20............i feel bad too since i bought simpsons 1-6 from them before for $20, and then returned them all after found that costco sold for $15

damn you costco for wasting my gas

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Just to make sure...

8.99?
not 18.99?[/quote]

Regular price 18.99, with a $10 immediate discount, so yes: 8.99.

I did a doubletake too, when I was there. I did another when I was in Target later and saw their price for S3 was 22.99.

[quote name='javeryh']Is Veronica Mars worth watching? I keep hearing good things about it...[/QUOTE]
YES! It's easily one of the best shows on tv.

Oh shit! I just called my folks and asked 'em to hook me up with their Costco account so I could get in on this deal! These are the two absolute best shows on television in their genres - or at least Arrested Development WAS the best comedy out there.

And to all those who are riding the line on buying Veronica Mars, let me say this:
BUY VERONICA MARS. I will sing this show's praises from the rooftops until I die, it is the single best crime show on television and the best drama on television. The main characters are strong, nuanced, interesting characters portrayed by amazingly talented actors - Kristin Bell is impossible to hate, just like her 'father', Enrico Colantoni, and Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls will have you all over the emotional spectrum. They leave you truly salivating for their screentime, and the supporting characters and cast are just as delightful. It is also a gorgeous show, with very cinematic shots and some extraordinarily moody lighting, similar to a noir flick in color. The first season's mystery that lasts through the entire season is dark, compelling, and at times quite disturbing.

It is a dark show with smart dialogue and a great cast. Buy this set.

[quote name='supershammy']Oh shit! I just called my folks and asked 'em to hook me up with their Costco account so I could get in on this deal! These are the two absolute best shows on television in their genres - or at least Arrested Development WAS the best comedy out there.

And to all those who are riding the line on buying Veronica Mars, let me say this:
BUY VERONICA MARS. I will sing this show's praises from the rooftops until I die, it is the single best crime show on television and the best drama on television. The main characters are strong, nuanced, interesting characters portrayed by amazingly talented actors - Kristin Bell is impossible to hate, just like her 'father', Enrico Colantoni, and Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls will have you all over the emotional spectrum. They leave you truly salivating for their screentime, and the supporting characters and cast are just as delightful. It is also a gorgeous show, with very cinematic shots and some extraordinarily moody lighting, similar to a noir flick in color. The first season's mystery that lasts through the entire season is dark, compelling, and at times quite disturbing.

It is a dark show with smart dialogue and a great cast. Buy this set.
[/QUOTE]
I'm glad to see another fan :)

[quote name='botticus']Where does Veronica Mars air? I refuse to buy TV on DVD without seeing an episode.[/QUOTE]

Its on UPN tonite 2 episodes not sure ifs it the regular day its on though. 8pm est

[quote name='goldeneye64']Its on UPN tonite 2 episodes not sure ifs it the regular day its on though. 8pm est[/quote]
Cool, perhaps I will watch it after I finish the Darkwing Duck pilot.

I finally picked up Veronica Mars season 1 at Best Buy (while getting AD S3 of course). I haven't started watching it yet, and I'm working on NCIS Season 1 right now, so it's going to be awhile before I get to it.

[quote name='botticus']Where does Veronica Mars air? I refuse to buy TV on DVD without seeing an episode.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I learned my lesson after buying season one of the The Shield. I watched two episodes and wanted to gouge my eyes out. I'll look into Veronica Mars, but no more blind buys for me, thanks.

[quote name='botticus']Where does Veronica Mars air? I refuse to buy TV on DVD without seeing an episode.[/quote]
I'm all for having a taste of a show before immediately going out and buying it on DVD ('What are you, nuts? I'm gonna drop near $20 on a show I've barely heard of?") HOWEVER.... in this case, I would say you should do everything you can to get ahold of the first episode of the first season, because if you just catch a random episode on UPN, it will probably be an episode from the 2nd season which might allude to the mystery of the first season. In essence, it might reveal things which would basically RUIN the whole first season's mystery-arc. So I would suggest downloading the first ep of season 1 to see if you like it, which you will, and then go buy it.

Also, I've recommended this show to dozens of people, and everyone who has gone on to watch it has LOVED it. I've never heard anyone say, "Thanks for recommending Veronica Mars, you schmuck! That was the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Rosie O'Donnell having fat ugly-lesbian sex!"

EDIT: I looked in my Cable guide to see which episodes were playing tonight and I would urge you not to watch them as they are late season 2 episodes. Of course, the choice is yours.

I've done blind buys with the British version of The Office, Firefly, Farscape, The 4400, Babylon 5, Band of Brothers, Batman Beyond, Earth Final Confict, Red vs Blue, Ultraman and 24 and I loved them all. You guys must have bad luck. ;)

Yeah, I've recommended VM to probably over a dozen people, and not one of them, TV critic to casual watcher, has disliked it one bit. For less than 20 bucks, I'd say you have to buy it.

Arrested Development Season 3 for $8.99, and no Costcos nearby. :wall:

Anybody feel like helping a fellow CAG and grabbing one for me? PM me and let me know how much you'd want to ship me one.

As long as I'm here, I'll throw in one more opinion that Veronica Mars is one of the best shows on TV. I don't like to do blind buys on TV sets either, but I rolled the dice with the first season of VM and was hooked instantly. Can't recommend it strongly enough.

Arrested Development...I miss you. Its sad that a show like this, with such awesome writing and great characters is cancelled and crap like Reno 911 and American Dad are still on. And all you American Dad lovers, you KNOW its not a good thing.... ;)

Anyone know of a way to avoid the $50 membership fee, apart from family members, etc? Because I'd LOVE to pick up AD at this price (any price, really) but $50 kind of kills it.. I know Sam's Club sometimes had one day passes or similiar. If not, perhaps I can convince somebody to pick it up for me? PM me, please!

I was able to pick up the third season of AD today for 8.09, so I just wanted to help confirm the deal for those that are curious. Thanks OP!

On another note, a friend recommended Veronica Mars to me, so I started watching it. I watched about 6 episodes or so, and just really couldn't stand it anymore. The show itself is good, as far as the mystery building up, but the high school drama situations just didn't sit well with me. An episode would be going great, following the mystery, then suddenly it switches over to silly "he likes him but she likes someone else" sort of thing. It was really minor, but kind of spoiled the show for me.

dayglo, you are the first (and probably [hopefully] only) person I've known who didn't like the show.

Although, technically, I don't really know you...

On the whole Veronica Mars issue I've also recommended it to a large group of friends who are now hooked on it. If your willing to shell out a few bucks try and rent the first disc somewhere or find a torrent somewhere of the first episode or something. The DVD is well worth it for under $20. The writing is top notch and Kristen Bell the girl that plays Veronica is very easy to look at. Oh and did I mention Charisma Carpenter.

As a side note I read somewhere that Stephen King is a huge fan. Also heard about Joss Whedon and Kevin Smith being fans.

Only downer is that I hear the dvd is lacking when it comes to extras. But I'll probably get it anyway just to watch all the episodes again.

Yeah, the dvds are severely lacking in the extras department. However, Rob Thomas, the creator of VMars, has a commentary for the pilot episode that you can download from his website http://www.slaverats.com/ in the VMars downloads section, so you can play it on your computer while you watch the ep.

On the VM topic, I live in a 6 guy apartment (ranging the entire socio economic spectrum) and I suggested we all watch VMars because it's awesome. Of course, I got the "it looks so gey" response, but after I got them all to sit down and watch one episode EVERYONE was hooked. We watched the entire first season in about 3 days and were completely enthralled by every turn in the plot.

Basically, it's my favorite TV show and it brought my apt. together. Double Win.

Major Thanks to you OP, you saved me a lot of money. I was about to break down and buy Season 2 of Arrested Development for $29.99 at Target, and in the process buy Season 3 at Bestbuy for $19.99. However before I left something told me just to check CAG and DVDTalk real quick for any new deals on DVDs, and then I saw your post. So you basically saved me around $25 bucks today.

Gotta chime in here on VM.

WATCH THIS SHOW!

It's the best show on TV you aren't watching. You've got a month to catch up, cause the season premiere isn't until October.

Very excited about AD Season 3! I've gotta get this tomorrow.

[quote name='espy605']We got Rex Reed up in here.[/quote]

HAHAHA I wrote that? I gotta say, every time I've poured over this show on this message board I have been high as hell, in Mr. Reviewer Guy mode.

Don't let that deter you, it's just as good sober!

Arrested Development maeby my all time favorite show.

And on the Veronica Mars topic. I bought season 1 from Target back when it was $18.99 to score some points with my girlfriend. After getting hooked and catching up on Season 2, I see guest stars GM and Maeby from AD and also Kevin Smith. Not to mention the episode where they are sitting around watching the Big Lebowski.

VM is a really cool show. Watch it.

Watched a bit of Veronica Mars last night... couldn't say it was bad, just wasn't drawn into it enough to start spending $20 a pop on seasons when there is plenty of TV I love that hasn't gotten the same treatment yet (Law and Order among many others). Of course, the praise for this show is coming in the same thread as people who love Arrested Development and I can't stand that show. To each their own!

You Fool! How can you hate AD?! ;)

Hey, at least you gave both shows a chance. That's more than most people have...

[quote name='ravma479']You Fool! How can you hate AD?! ;)

Hey, at least you gave both shows a chance. That's more than most people have...[/quote]
My fiancee loves it, so I've gotten her S1 and S2. I just get annoyed with the faux reality/docudrama shows, where they aim for reality with the twist that the things that happen could never actually happen. Breaks the illusion for me, and outside of that, I don't really see the genius in writing that everyone else does.

People wonder how I love The Office when I hate AD, but after working in an office, I know that most things on that show could indeed occur.

I got Veronica Mars a dollar cheaper on Sunday by price matching with the BB ad at CC. The CC price is $50 so you get 10% off the difference or 3 bucks off the 19.99 it is at BB. So I got it for 16.99.

[quote name='cag1000']I got Veronica Mars a dollar cheaper on Sunday by price matching with the BB ad at CC. The CC price is $50 so you get 10% off the difference or 3 bucks off the 19.99 it is at BB. So I got it for 16.99.[/quote]
i did the same thing except i thought BB had it for $18.99, so that is what i told the CC salesperson. his computer was too slow to verify, so he ended up taking my word for it. final cost was exactly $17, including tax. when i got home, i looked in the BB flyer and realized it was $19.99 and not $18.99...guess i saved an extra dollar by not having a good memory and a trusting cashier.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I've done blind buys with the British version of The Office, Firefly, Farscape, The 4400, Babylon 5, Band of Brothers, Batman Beyond, Earth Final Confict, Red vs Blue, Ultraman and 24 and I loved them all. You guys must have bad luck. ;)[/QUOTE] Bullshit!, The Dead Zone, Freaks and Geeks, House, Mr. Show, Scrubs, and Undeclared, here. :cool:

Awesome deal, OP. Picked up several for friends/family. And to think I was going to pay $20 somewhere else, instead.

Also, keep in mind that sometimes you have to dig around in Costco to find the good stuff. When I first got to mine this afternoon (Concord, CA) there were no AD S3 left, but instead a big hole. Luckily, I found an unopened box on the floor underneath which contained about 20 more copies. Of course, this was after 10 minutes of looking under/in other boxes. But it was all worthwhile...

After all, AD Season 3 for $9.60? Inconceivable!

bread's done
Back