Arrested Development Season One and Season Two (together) $31.94 Shipped @ Amazon.com

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002PYS7Yhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002PYS7Y/103-0374350-9155832

Buy Arrested Development - Season One and get Arrested Development - Season Two at an additional $10.00 off Amazon.com's everyday low price.

Must click on "Buy Both and Save"

Super Saving Shipping = Free Shipping

Items: $41.94
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
Best Value Savings: -$10.00
Super Saver Discount: -$3.97

Total Before Tax: $31.94
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $31.94

You got free shipping!

Since it's tax free, you're most likely saving a few cents over BB's BF ad...plus no sticky residue of visiting their store ;)

Damn. Too bad I just bought a gift copy of season 1 from DDD -- I could have spent another $10 and gotten a gift copy of both seasons.

Hm ... do I know anyone else that needs it?

Great deal, OP. I already have s1, though, so I will most likely wait for the BB sale to pick up s2. If I didn't have s1 already, I'd jump on this.

I may just have to jump on these OP if I can get some money. Cheaper than DDD sale and it saves me the hassle of going to BB. Thanks.

big thanks OP

technically BB would be a few pennies cheaper ($.09), but I'm not 100% sure I'm going there Black Friday and I had an amazon gift certificate, so I went with Amazon.com

yeah i bit on this too..i have to work late black friday so this saves me one trip...great deal thanks

thanks. I went ahead and ordered it. I had thought about going to BB and getting this along with 24, but I decided just to get this and no 24 (its been showing on A&E and my mom has been recording them)

so far the only store I am going to on BF is CompUSSR

You'd be an absolute fool to pass this deal up. I've watched Season 1 at least four times through (and the first disc probably twice that); it never gets old.

I'd be all over this as well if it wasn't for the DDD sale... I figure I can wait awhile with all the DVD's I'll have to watch from that sale. Not to mention the ever approaching black friday, nice find tho OP.

That's a great price. Anyone who isn't sure or hasn't seen the show should pick it up. Easily the best sitcom of all time.
Don't just take my world for it (after all, I do have an Arrested Development picture in my sig ;)) .
DVD Talk reviews:
Season 1 review 1 and 2.
Season 2 review.

Thanks I went ahead and picked this set up. I was going to wait for Best Buy Black Friday deals, but this way saves some change and not having to worry about BB being sold out!

edit: I calculated that I actually saved about 36 cents over the BB deal!

[quote name='Kaijufan']That's a great price. Anyone who isn't sure or hasn't seen the show should pick it up. Easily the best sitcom of all time.
[/QUOTE]

You've never seen Seinfeld?

I am going to beg everyone to buy this DVD so that I can keep up the very small hope that Fox will pull a Family Guy and return Arrested to TV. It has been cancelled due to the fact that the American public is stupid and needs to be told when to laugh.

[quote name='kev']I am going to beg everyone to buy this DVD so that I can keep up the very small hope that Fox will pull a Family Guy and return Arrested to TV. It has been cancelled due to the fact that the American public is stupid and needs to be told when to laugh.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. In just 2 seasons Arrested Development has become one of my all-time favorite shows. It's a travesty that this was pulled yet garbage like 'Stacked' is somehow still on the air. I personally wouldn't say that AD is 'better' than Seinfeld per se as they're very different shows, but I would argue that the quality of writing and acting in AD are easily as good as Seinfeld at it's peak.

Here's an article talking about the show's "cancellation" and the possibility that it may be picked up by someone else (pulled from the eFilmCritic boards):

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/11/14/DDG4NFMUAI1.DTL

[quote name='defiance_17']You've never seen Seinfeld?[/QUOTE]

No, he probably has, thus calling AD the best sitcom ever... (although i prefer Cheers)

[quote name='Trocar']I was gonna go to Best Buy on Black Friday, but this saved me several hours of sleep. THANKS OP!!![/QUOTE]
Same here. I'll be picking this up today. The show must be saved!

[quote name='SpottedNigel']No, he probably has, thus calling AD the best sitcom ever... (although i prefer Cheers)[/QUOTE]

That is a tough call. I really like both shows and would have hard time choosing. Add in Frazier and you really have trouble. Curb Your Enthusiasm is great as well.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']That is a tough call. I really like both shows and would have hard time choosing. Add in Frazier and you really have trouble. Curb Your Enthusiasm is great as well.[/QUOTE]

To say Arrested Development is "easily" the best sitcom of all time is just silly. When it's done, it will have run for just over two full seasons--you really can't compare it to something like Seinfeld, Frasier, or Cheers. I wholeheartedly agree that AD is the best show on network television, and easily the best sitcom since Seinfeld. "Of all time"? No. It may have had a chance, but "teh masses" currently need mindless bullshit shoved down their throats at all times. At this point, I'm convinced nothing will ever top Seinfeld.
Curb Your Enthusiasm will reclaim the throne as the funniest show on television, and ER is now the comedy to beat on network TV.

[quote name='Bezerker']I really dont see why FOX is going to cancel this show Its not like the ratings are that bad.[/QUOTE]

Um actually they are quite bad. For the past few weeks Fox has BARELY beaten UPN in it's time slot and when AD ran cocurrent with Prison Break, it caused Prison Break's ratings to fall as well. It couldn't pull in the ratings when sandwiched in between the Simpsons and Family Guy either. While Fox probably could have done a better job with it, they DID give it a chance. It was America that didn't. It is indeed a shame. While I don't think this show is "ZOMG best show ever/currently on" it is great show with smart writing. It will be missed. $15 a season is a great deal for a great show.

Man, I love Seinfeld, but honestly AD seems to be much funnier..IMO. Of course, Seinfeld was on for so long so that was great. Still, Id take AD.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']This special was featured on the "Frugality" portion of Attack of the Show. Too bad they made fun of AD.[/QUOTE]

AOTS thinks it's cool to make fun of everything. Most of G4's programing seems to make fun of "geeks" where one would assume is their target market. Oh well....

I should have clarified that and said IMO (although I believe a lot of TV critics would agree with me ;)).

Seinfeld is a pretty good show. It’s certainly better then most of the crappy sitcoms on TV, but not up to the standards of Arrested Development, Scrubs, or the Office.

[font=&quot]The great thing about opinions are that everyone can have them. :D[/font]

[quote name='vanlandw']AOTS thinks it's cool to make fun of everything. Most of G4's programing seems to make fun of "geeks" where one would assume is their target market. Oh well....[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's a sad commentary when you have to say that AOTS is one of the best things on G4. It is slowly but surely turning into a low budget version of Spike TV, which is very sad.

just making sure everyone checks their e-mails because they charged 41.94 to my CC instead of 31.94.

they were quick to resolve the problem, so kudos to amazon, but just wanted to make sure others who might have the same problem check their e-mails.

Well, I missed pretty much all of season one, and what I've watched recently on TV I assume was the beginning of season 3, which won't be finished now, but I watched a couple episodes recently, with who I think was Super Dave Osbourne serving as the dad's surrogate, and the japanese investors who come and see the accidental godzilla-esque battle with George Michael and Mole-Tobias, and I laughed so fricking hard, which I never do...I decided to spend 30 dollars on a show I've barely watched...which I think will turn out to be a decision I like a lot because I can watch them without commercials and in high quality. Its a shame a show with so many good cameos and so many great and original bits and jokes is failing so miserably with this country. Its one of the best shows I've ever seen, and watching half of an episode transpire with Jeffrey Tambor stuck in the walls of his own house sidling through the walls...it just doesn't get much better.

This was the most spontaneous 30 bucks I've ever spent, but I know its worth it. A small bit of me hopes that the show doesnt continue just so when they release the season 3 set, I'll have the full collection...otherwise I'll have to buy more seasons if they revive the show. But thats just stingy and selfish...ignore it...we all want the show to continue, and at least I'll be caught up when people go and bitch slap some sense into the producers at FOX.

[quote name='Kaijufan'] I should have clarified that and said IMO (although I believe a lot of TV critics would agree with me ;)).

Seinfeld is a pretty good show. It’s certainly better then most of the crappy sitcoms on TV, but not up to the standards of Arrested Development, Scrubs, or the Office.

[font=&quot]The great thing about opinions are that everyone can have them. :D[/font][/QUOTE] :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
You and I are in complete agreement on all points, my friend.

That lesbian on the show is so frickin hot!

teaserseason323fv.jpg

And is the young girl the same actress as Season 1? She looks different - and HOT!

And the actress who played a Mexican star (who was in Blade II) was, you guessed it, HOT! (before they changed her to another actress played by the one who was in The Mummy II....not as hot)

bread's done
Back