Arrrrggghhhh.....iTunes!!!!!!

whataboutbob?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Ok, ive got the CAGcast and other podcasts subscribed to using iTunes and everything had been working fine up until about a month ago. Now almost everytime i try to right click on the podcast file to copy and paste it to my crappy mp3 player the little gray exclamation mark appears to the left of the file and prompts me to then look for the file because it claims its missing. I then have to delete the file (in iTunes...i cant find the actual file) and re-download it. Has anybody else encountered this? Its extremely frustrating because it always seems to happen right before i need to walk out the door to go to work.

Anybody got any suggestions?

I think that means you only had a partial download?

i dunno, never encountered that.

I have that shit happen to me so much with fucking iTunes. REALLY annoying.

I had to constantly update the subscription. If you don't update with the latest iTunes when it asks you to, this is where the problems arise. Of course, the iTunes' installer is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. You have to go to the website, put in an e-mail, then RE-INSTALL the whole fucking thing. On top of that, iTunes comes packaged with Quicktime now. So fucking...just...GAH

I'm going to try Mediamonkey per the other user's suggestion. Actually I won't. After checking the website, you have to PAY to get automatic library updates when you add music? GTFO of my face.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I have that shit happen to me so much with fucking iTunes. REALLY annoying.

I had to constantly update the subscription. If you don't update with the latest iTunes when it asks you to, this is where the problems arise. Of course, the iTunes' installer is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. You have to go to the website, put in an e-mail, then RE-INSTALL the whole fucking thing. On top of that, iTunes comes packaged with Quicktime now. So fucking...just...GAH

I'm going to try Mediamonkey per the other user's suggestion. Actually I won't. After checking the website, you have to PAY to get automatic library updates when you add music? GTFO of my face.[/quote]

Look around, there are other alternatives, that's just the one I know.

I just remembered...i clicked "no" when i was prompted to update to the latest version sometime last wk and i havent updated since then. Im gonna try to update and see if that helps anything, but this problem has happened plenty in the past though. Like most of yall say, i probably need to just use another player but im so comfortable w/ iTunes it might be hard for me to switch.

[quote name='whataboutbob?']I just remembered...i clicked "no" when i was prompted to update to the latest version sometime last wk and i havent updated since then. Im gonna try to update and see if that helps anything, but this problem has happened plenty in the past though. Like most of yall say, i probably need to just use another player but im so comfortable w/ iTunes it might be hard for me to switch.[/QUOTE]

the whole thing with Itunes that a lot of people don't understand (and that causes them to say ridiculous stuff like "worst program evar") is that you have to keep it up to date and not screw with settings at all. as long as you keep your folders set (and never change them) and your ipod automatically synced, it won't do anything weird but manage your music ;)

[quote name='Apossum']the whole thing with Itunes that a lot of people don't understand (and that causes them to say ridiculous stuff like "worst program evar") is that you have to keep it up to date and not screw with settings at all. as long as you keep your folders set (and never change them) and your ipod automatically synced, it won't do anything weird but manage your music ;)[/QUOTE]

I've never had issues with iTunes- it's been one of the most reliable programs I'm using on Vista. I always have it set to manual sync and adjust the settings all the time and there have been no issues at all.

I do remember hearing that a few versions before 7.3 had issues with Vista early on. Definitely run Windows update and update iTunes as well. You may also want to try running iTunes with administrator privileges.

Well it did the same damn thing today (right on cue to make me late for work)....even after i downloaded the latest patch. Im gonna try a complete uninstall and reinstall of iTunes to see if that helps, if it doesnt could i get some ideas of other free players that can do the same things as iTunes.

[quote name='whataboutbob?']Well it did the same damn thing today (right on cue to make me late for work)....even after i downloaded the latest patch. Im gonna try a complete uninstall and reinstall of iTunes to see if that helps, if it doesnt could i get some ideas of other free players that can do the same things as iTunes.[/QUOTE]

Try renewing your subscriptions also. AKA deleting them, then re-subscribing. I found that if I did that and kept the fucking thing updated, I wouldn't have very many troubles....there's still troubles...just less of them.

Also anyone else notice how much of a fucking resource hog iTunes is?

bread's done
Back