Art for 360 Platinum Hits Packaging

jrt1138

CAGiversary!
Just caught this on GameStop. First I've seen of the new Platinum Hits. For the curious:

200107b.jpg

Anyone know what color the case will be? Silver again? Or the standard green case?

[quote name='jrt1138']Just caught this on GameStop. First I've seen of the new Platinum Hits. For the curious:

200107b.jpg

Anyone know what color the case will be? Silver again? Or the standard green case?[/QUOTE]

That will actually be pretty nice if they keep the green cases.

This has been posted a couple of times, already...

But, I'll say it again: These look like the used games, at GameStop, that don't have their original cases.

[quote name='Brak']This has been posted a couple of times, already...

But, I'll say it again: These look like the used games, at GameStop, that don't have their original cases.[/QUOTE]

they look more like the generic Gamecrazy ones, but silver instead of purple. yuck.

But, I'll say it again: These look like the used games, at GameStop, that don't have their original cases.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would be my biggest complaint about them too.

Do companies purposely make the ph/gh/pc versions of games more ugly or what?

Great, make the stupid banner even bigger! Why can't they just put platinum hits across the top and leave it at that? Why make the cover art smaller?

Still looks crappy just like any other GH game. I wish they'd just put a stripe or something that doesn't take up so much space.

Looks horrible, and I've never been bothered by GH/PH/PC covers before. Why alter the cover and show all that ugly background for no reason other than to put the word "Platinum" as many times as they can on the cover?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Looks horrible, and I've never been bothered by GH/PH/PC covers before. Why alter the cover and show all that ugly background for no reason other than to put the word "Platinum" as many times as they can on the cover?[/QUOTE]

QFT, thats my only problem with the new cases. Why cut down the cover art on the left side to show some genric stock background. Thank god for http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers.php

the whole idea of Platinum Hits is a farce... Halo 2 has yet to be deemed a Platinum Hit... so why even do it if you aren't even going to follow the rules to achieve a PH status...

I think they look alot better than the Xbox PH.

[quote name='Graystone']QFT, thats my only problem with the new cases. Why cut down the cover art on the left side to show some genric stock background. Thank god for http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers.php[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the site. It is moments like this I'm glad to be a member of CAG. Sure I might have stumbled upon this site someday, but now my lazy ass doesn't even have to put forth an effort:p

the case is silver...i saw NFS in my walmart the other day , it was a little hard to make out but i am 99% sure it was silver

Yikes. But my problem isn't the cover. My problem is they are going to be charging $29.99 for the new PH games. When most can be had for cheap/were very cheap awhile back, esp Kameo and Perfect Dark. I might pick up NFS:MW down the road after playing that Carbon demo. I felt NFS:MW was a better a demo, but I won't be able to make that full judgement till Carbon is released.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yikes. But my problem isn't the cover. My problem is they are going to be charging $29.99 for the new PH games. When most can be had for cheap/were very cheap awhile back, esp Kameo and Perfect Dark. I might pick up NFS:MW down the road after playing that Carbon demo. I felt NFS:MW was a better a demo, but I won't be able to make that full judgement till Carbon is released.[/QUOTE]

The Most Wanted demo is all you need, most of the full game doesn't live up to the excellent demo. I didn't find the Carbon demo to be that great though.

[quote name='DJSteel']the whole idea of Platinum Hits is a farce... Halo 2 has yet to be deemed a Platinum Hit... so why even do it if you aren't even going to follow the rules to achieve a PH status...[/quote]
:whistle2:s Games don't automatically get added to the PH program, the publishers have to make the effort to add them. Halo 2 probably sells well enough that Microsoft would rather keep it off and continue to make money on it at whatever non-PH price point they have right now.

[quote name='DJSteel']the whole idea of Platinum Hits is a farce... Halo 2 has yet to be deemed a Platinum Hit... so why even do it if you aren't even going to follow the rules to achieve a PH status...[/quote]

Halo 2 is still selling at a solid rate. It sold 33,000 copies last month at the price it's at. There's no need to drop it to $20 and make it a Platinum Hit.

It will be easier and cheaper to just buy it used once the pricedrop. I think that that boxart is just completely ugly.

[quote name='rustyrage']fuck ugly, looks like a display case or something[/QUOTE]

It actually reminds me of one of those Best Buy game pre-order cards you get in the store.

That was the first thought that popped into my head. Looks really tacky to me. Then again, I'm not a real stickler for cover art in the first place.

bread's done
Back