Art Of Warrrr!!!!

xenoman80

CAGiversary!
so im looking to buy a copy of the book the art of war by sun tzu but the problem is there so many translations!?! which one do i get? anyone know which copy is worth getting or a site that reviews books so i can get the best copy?!

I have heard that is a really hard read. I don't think I would be able to get into it. Also, whenever you see anybody quote it they are either hilarious bosses or physcho bosses no one ever wants.

i have a tiny hardcover version but im so sure theres more to it than that little book, from what i heard sun tzus art of war is less than 10,000 words. i just want a good translation.

Here's the version I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Tzu-Art-Classics-Ancient-China/dp/034536239X/ref=sr_1_43/102-4109799-5154511?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188736615&sr=1-43

I really like it. If you want just a bare bones translation, you can get that probalby pretty cheap and easy in 70 pages. The one I have is a pretty in depth look at it. Starts out with a lot of history behind it all. Then it starts with the translation. It has the basic version, then has a translation of some other recovered texts, and then a tranlation of some later works, all on the Art of War.

It took me a little while to find the copy that I wanted, but I flipped through many versions before settling on this one.

bread's done
Back