As a seller, would you do this deal?

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I found a store advertising buying games and game related stuff in my area (Fountain Valley, CA) on craigslist. I sent them a list of things I had as an inquiry of what they thought they were worth.

In response I get an offer of $250 for the lot, which I think is a bit low, but since they are resellers I guess they "gotta eat" too (less food $ for me though). Prices for things I know they are offering are included, others I dont know since I didnt get individual prices from them. I would prefer to get more, but its local and cash so its less of a hassle. Should I go for it knowing I might possibly get more for them here, but it would take longer?

PS1 games
Final Fantasy 7 (black label) - $40
Einhander (black label) - $30
Resident Evil 2 - $15
Final Fantasy Chronicles (FF IV and Chrono Trigger) (sealed)
Street Fighter Ex plus a

:ps2: Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland
:ps2: Xenosaga Episode III (Missing manual) - $25
:ps2: Rogue Galaxy (sealed)
:ps2: Persona 3 w/ artbook
:ps2: Persona 3 FES (sealed)
:ps2: Disgaea 2 (sealed)

:gba: Sword of Mana (sealed)

:xbox: Controller S (sealed) (2 electric blue)
:gc: Nintendo brand Controller (2 black) (sealed)
:gc: Nintendo Wavebird gray color (sealed)

Thanks for the assist on this quandary. I am not desperate to sell so I do not have to accept possible low ball prices and I am only curious to see what these might be worth in todays environment seeing as most of these are sitting in boxes in my closet. If I get some advice to not go ahead with this deal, I will be making a trade list here and throwing up a bunch of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ask me those prices aren't TOO bad(def better than what some places around here would offer), but you would definitely be better served with ebay, craigslist(possibly) or even on the trade/sell list here. The big deciding factor if you ask me revolves around whether or not it's worth the time and effort required to get that extra bit of $$$. Since you say it's not really urgent that you sell, and if you have a bit of time to kill I would suggest you pass on the offer.

I don't know how much they're throwing in for that sealed wavebird, but I'd like to be first on the list of people probably willing to pay more for it. Not a LOT more, mind you, but I've been looking for a wavebird for awhile :)

That sounds like it's totally about me, doesn't it? I guess what I'm saying is, if you decide to skip the hassle and just sell the lot, you may wanna ask if anyone has any interest in items here first. I'm sure there'd be some takers on at least a few, and you could dump the rest at the store.

Thanks for the responses so far. At least this store helped me distinguish my minimum acceptable sell price of some of these games. I am putting together an updated tradelist to be posted here later. Craigslist is free but it is a crapshoot most times. E*BAY and AMA*ZON are other avenues but I dont trust their services to protect me as a seller.

Personally, I would dump off the common stuff on the resellers. Persona 3 FES, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Rogue Galaxy...you can still find those things sealed at various places for $20 and under, so you wouldn't be able to do much with them, anyway.

Stuff like the sealed Wavebird and Final Fantasy VII you should definitely try to move on your own. It's certainly worth putting up a Craigslist ad and just giving it a few days. Even if you don't get a legitimate offer, no real loss on your end, except a few days without the money.

I've seen their posts. Their prices are LOW, especially considering those prices they list are for complete/mint games. You could do MUCH better selling your stuff elsewhere, hell, sell them here on cheapassgamer and you will do better. Let me see what you have...

Here are two of their posts:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/1113890191.html

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/1113910151.html

"All game trades must come complete in original case with the instructions & game disks must be in good condition. If games are not complete or do not work we still might take them in, but the cash or credit trade will be less then quoted"

LOL, they MIGHT take your Suikoden 2 disc only copy, but probably only offer a couple of bucks for it, instead of the $80 they'd offer for it complete...

Again, some prices are not awful, especially if you need quick cash, but for most they are loooooooooooooooooooooow

[quote name='punkmaggit']Man, anyone else find it slightly odd that all these PS1 games are now "rare" and worth decent money on the second-hand market?[/QUOTE]

I definately do, those prices don't seem that bad to me overall for trading in. I took a quick glance at the list and saw that they were offering $30 for Poy Poy, I still remember waiting for the lone copy of that to go down in price at the local TRU (it was $30 and I would have probably grabbed it for $20) never did see it drop so I never got it :( It's funny to think back when I used to usually or always trust what the price tags said at stores and to think that just maybe that Poy Poy was actually cheaper.

[quote name='karkyco']I've seen their posts. Their prices are LOW, especially considering those prices they list are for complete/mint games. You could do MUCH better selling your stuff elsewhere, hell, sell them here on cheapassgamer and you will do better. Let me see what you have...

"All game trades must come complete in original case with the instructions & game disks must be in good condition. If games are not complete or do not work we still might take them in, but the cash or credit trade will be less then quoted"

LOL, they MIGHT take your Suikoden 2 disc only copy, but probably only offer a couple of bucks for it, instead of the $80 they'd offer for it complete...

Again, some prices are not awful, especially if you need quick cash, but for most they are loooooooooooooooooooooow[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. I guess they assume everyone on Craigslist are brain dead but there are some that are.

I'd take out the Wavebird and Final Fantasy to ebay/amazon etc and dump the rest. You may get a few dollars more selling them all seperately, but you would need to do more legwork. But that's just me, I'm lazy =-)

I would be interested in einhander, but so i would believe people on here would love to see you make a trade list versus trying to just pass them off the easy way.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Man, anyone else find it slightly odd that all these PS1 games are now "rare" and worth decent money on the second-hand market?[/QUOTE]

Especially since I don't see the market lasting as Sony gets smart and continues re-releasing more "rare" PS1 games on PSN. I mean, it'll be there the same way that odd people pay for NES cartridges, but it's also similar to the way people would clamor over older titles like gamecube stuff and now its dropped off in price because of the Wii store. It's funny that a segment of the market finds certain hard copies of games so valuable *cough*FF7*cough* when a re-release or remake is all but inevitable and the data on the discs, not the discs themselves is what's valuable and can be found many places online.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I definately do, those prices don't seem that bad to me overall for trading in. I took a quick glance at the list and saw that they were offering $30 for Poy Poy, I still remember waiting for the lone copy of that to go down in price at the local TRU (it was $30 and I would have probably grabbed it for $20) never did see it drop so I never got it :( It's funny to think back when I used to usually or always trust what the price tags said at stores and to think that just maybe that Poy Poy was actually cheaper.[/quote]

I never realized that Poy Poy was 'rare' until I traded it away for a copy of Treasures Of The Deep for PS1 with another CAG. I bought it for $1 something(disc only) from the Gamestop 75% off clearance and I tried it out almost immediately.

I hated the game. I thought it was one of the most God awful games I had ever played in my life(and I've played the ET game for the 2600).

Yet, that's what seems to go 'rare' or become sought after, are the games that're craptacular.

As for the OP's question, I'd definitely try and sell here and/or on Ebay since you should get more in those places than at that shop.

Mind you, I'd probably take the offer, since aside from the Wavebird and FFVII, I don't really know the rarity/collectibility value of most of those games.

for the price youre getting with those games, you are definitely getting lowballed. Sold my FFVII black label(All 4 of them) for like $75 on average each and eve after the fees and shipping I still made out with a little over $63 each copy, so you are definitely getting lowballed.

I'd pull out FF7 and the wave also.

and allow 2 days for members here to send you "shipped" offers...then sell the rest to the store...

Mind you CAG offers would need to take into count the fact you are packing shipping (of course PP fees)...and risking a lost or damaged game..at the store you just drop it, get paid...done.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Are the XBox controllers official? If so they are worth at least $50 each[/quote]

Official, sealed Xbox controllers are worth $50 a pop now? You sure you're talking about the ORIGINAL Xbox and not the 360, right? If so, add this to yet another instance where I'm kicking myself in the ass for not buying something when I had the chance to.

Last year or so, I went to a mall about an hour or two from here and at the Sears there they were eliminating some stuff on clearance(I think the whole game section went, actually) and one of the things on clearance: XBox Controller S's.

#-o

Mind you, if good condition USED S controllers are still worth a fair buck too, I have 3-4 extras right now. Hell, my Xbox hasn't seen the light of day since I got the PS3 last year.

[quote name='karkyco']I've seen their posts. Their prices are LOW, especially considering those prices they list are for complete/mint games. You could do MUCH better selling your stuff elsewhere, hell, sell them here on cheapassgamer and you will do better. Let me see what you have...

Again, some prices are not awful, especially if you need quick cash, but for most they are loooooooooooooooooooooow[/quote]

ima laugh so hard at the people buying suikoden 2 for $100+... that price is gonna plummet so hardcore once it comes out for PSN.. whenever that is ;(

bread's done
Back