As of January Ninth, Two Thousand and Nine...

Clarke

CAGiversary!
I no longer own any consoles or handhelds. I sold my NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo DS Lite. Today I mailed out my Nintendo DS Lite to the eBay auction winner.

I'm going to be selling my Wii here soon to get Left 4 Dead and Dead Space. Hopefully pay off Star Ocean that is coming out in March.

I just didn't see anything I wanted to buy in the future. Also I was a blind fanboy. I was seriously considering buying Wii Fit. Also I wanted the money and they were taking up too much space for something I don't use much.

That's cool man, though I would have kept the DS lite. I have no idea why I haven't sold my Wii. I have owned one since 2006 and have probably played it for like a 100 hours. It just sits there (unplugged).

owlandSeahorse.jpg

[quote name='Clarke'] I was seriously considering buying Wii Fit. [/quote]

Is considering buying a game that could actually improve your life really a bad thing?

[quote name='rlse9']Is considering buying a game that could actually improve your life really a bad thing?[/quote]
Wii Fit...improve your life? Lol!

I would recommend looking into a PS3 once you get bored.

^^

Wii Fit could, certainly moreso than being sedentary. Even actively doing something on a daily basis can have a more positive effect on your body than sitting down doing nothing. While Wii Fit would do absolutely nothing for me (I workout, running 3+ miles every other day with other kinds of muscular workouts), but if I saw someone who wanted to get into working out, it is not a bad tool.

BTW, for the OP, if you do get another console, I would opt for the PS3 for one of the two reasons:

1) You like Sony's first party content or/

2) You love movies and thus Blu-Ray is a must

If neither one of them serves you, you are better off getting an Xbox 360 which happens to be $100 cheaper, has a bigger library of exclusives, and has a superior online system. And this is coming from someone who only gets to play either consoles because he is too damn poor to afford either one (my lil bro has the 360, my roommate back at my apartment has the PS3).

[quote name='yukine']Well to be blunt... no one cares.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I honestly don't get why OP felt that he needed to let us know that he sold all of his Nintendo consoles.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah... I honestly don't get why OP felt that he needed to let us know that he sold all of his Nintendo consoles.[/quote]

Maybe he thinks he's better than us.

Right out of highschool i got a job working at Funcoland to suppliment my gaming habit. It wasn't that helpful, because by that time I was importing most of my games (saturn/Dreamcast era).

After 6 months of hanging out with the people I worked with and met at funcoland I realized that none of those people had any aspirations to be any more than gamers and druggies I became very jaded by the whole gaming culture because of it and sold off all my games and consoles.

After a couple of years, I jumped on the cube when Double Dash came out, and i've worked my way back into the gaming community.

I have to admit, sometimes I really wish I still had all the stuff I used to own, but for the most part, those feelings pass pretty quickly, and I don't have that stuff cluttering up my house now.

The bright side of my story was that I actually managed to turn a profit due to a lot of rare titles in my collection, but I don't think a lot of people manage to do that.

[quote name='yukine']Well to be blunt... no one cares.[/quote]
Echoing this statement. You might as well go post something that gets you banned.

[quote name='Clarke']I no longer own any consoles or handhelds. I sold my NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo DS Lite. Today I mailed out my Nintendo DS Lite to the eBay auction winner.[/quote]

I think you fmeant to put "any Nintendo consoles or handhelds" since you were on your 360 10 hours ago. ;)

I agree with Hiei69. You should have kept the DS lite. Best handheld evar!

Sick thread, bro.

[quote name='rlse9']Is considering buying a game that could actually improve your life really a bad thing?[/QUOTE]

Whoa.

bread's done
Back