Ass-%## manager at gamestop?

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Today morning I call the a gamestop to see if they have a copy of the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition for pc. The associate at the said said yes. I went to get it as a last minute Christmas present as there are not many stores that have it. However, when I get to the store, the associate said the game is on reserve and call the manager and the manager refuse to sell it to me.

Is the manager just being an ass-$%@ or is there any kind of policy for this... the game is release over a month ago. I believe it was 7 days pickup for collector edition.

I think it's even less.

I believe they can technically only hold the pre-orders for 72 hours after the date of release, but not 100% sure on that.

It's always been sort of a touchy subject on what to do with pre-orders.

The problem is that it's the holidays, so they are probably being extra cautious as to not upset someone who had a pre-order, especially if it's fully paid off.

Their mistake was giving you the wrong information that it was available for purchase, so you can definitely be mad at them over that, but other than that, not a whole lot you can do, since holds are also different from store to store, because the manager has the final say in what stays and what goes.

Some managers don't even do holds. And for reserves, some just puts it back out on the shelf for sale after the allotted hold period.

But I think because it's like two days to Christmas, that they are not letting anything go that is on hold, regardless of the misinformation they gave you.

Hopefully you'll find one at another store without the hassle.

The same happened to me last year with Super Mario All Stars for Wii when it was rare. I called and they told me they would hold it for me. Get there and they tell me it was a preorder and they can't sell them. I drove 30 minutes to only get rejected. I ended up getting a $25 gc from the district manager when I complained about it.

Try placing an order online with your powerup rewards card and choose the pick it up in store option, if the game shows in stock on the website I think you can do this. The store will have to hold it for you till you get there. But they can probably call you and tell you that the order is cancelled as well. I haven't tried it myself yet but it seems like a good way to get whatever game you want out of the hands of some employee who is holding it for themselves.

Okay. I hate GameStop for a lot of their malpractices, but something like this is actually a very easy mistake to be made in retail, especially around holidays with such a hot item.

There are several employees that work at a single store, and holding an item simply comes down to sticking it in a drawer with the customer's name on it.

Honestly, this shit happens, it's frantic around this time of year and human error is natural. Get over it.

[quote name='sasukekun']Half the time whenever people ask me to hold stuff for them over the phone they never come to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Then you are doing it wrong.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Maybe the manager was just keeping it for himself until he got paid and could take it home.[/QUOTE]

It could be for a friend. But yeah...as a person who used to work there, this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

[quote name='AJVtony831']The same happened to me last year with Super Mario All Stars for Wii when it was rare. I called and they told me they would hold it for me. Get there and they tell me it was a preorder and they can't sell them. I drove 30 minutes to only get rejected. I ended up getting a $25 gc from the district manager when I complained about it.[/QUOTE]

This exact thing happened to me with the exact same GAME. SMAS I went to 3 gamestops after the hold period 2 stores had them. One store had one copy and the second store had 2 copies.Anyway they told me that the 72 hour was the MINIMUM that the store manager could hold the games for a YEAR if he wanted to... I had cash in hand ready to buy it nothing made sense to me.

Jeez just do an instore pick up on the website. Maybe that's why it was on hold in the first place.

bread's done
Back