Assasin's Creed II $19.99 (after $10 BB RZ Gamers Club Coupon)

FreeStuffFan85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey, guys. Got an email today with this coupon in it:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=SAVE_10AC

It makes Assassin's Creed II $19.99 before applicable taxes (it's also in-store only). You have to be a Reward Zone member and also be part of Best Buy's Gamers Club to use this coupon. It's one per customer and it can be used on the Xbox 360 OR PS3 version. Coupon expires December 26th. I know it might not be the GREATEST price in the world to some, but consider it something worth getting for someone if you have a recent RZ certificate that's burning a hole in your pocket. :lol:

Store locator links (to check in-store availability):

:360:Xbox 360
:ps3:PlayStation 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Never played an AC game before, but I'm considering it highly now.
Any opinions on whether I should play them in order, storyline wise?

[quote name='adamnedman']Never played an AC game before, but I'm considering it highly now.
Any opinions on whether I should play them in order, storyline wise?[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard it doesn't matter. Many people feel 2 fix all (or most of at least) the issues from 1 so it's sort of pointless to play it. Then again some people swear by the first one.

I'd just look up the storyline from 1 and get 2 personally. I haven't finished either but this is just going by what others have suggested to me.

[quote name='adamnedman']Never played an AC game before, but I'm considering it highly now.

Don't get the first one, unless you have a lot of free time to kill. ACII will explain the story and the first one is very rough compared to 2.

The beginning of AC2 shortly summarizes the events of AC1. If you have some feel time and is patient, then I recommend getting both games. A lot of people didn't like AC, but I personally liked it. Yeah, you can definitely see the improvements in AC2, but it's still an awesome game.

I really enjoyed AC1, but everyone else seems to have found it repetitive. I didn't find that to be a problem, because I only did one kill at a time, then went and did something else, so it was fresh.

Everyone, myself included, LOVES AC2. It doesn't fix most of what people didn't like about AC1. It fixes all of it. Everything is improved. Feel free to just start with 2. You can play it all day and never get bored.

I used my bonus $10 reward zone certificate literally 30 seconds before the email about this came through. I would have much rather had AC2 for $10 than use it on some MS points.

I played 2 and then 1 and AC1 is BORING. You do the same things in the same order 9 times (each process is less than an hour) and then you "win." Every time it is the same - ride to a city, do two short missions, one assassination, then run away.

AC2's story was goofy, but it had variety & lots of optional sidequests.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']
AC2's story was goofy, but it had variety & lots of optional sidequests.[/QUOTE]

How exactly was it goofy? I thought the story was awesome and it was cool to be Ezio throughout the years and see him grow as a person.

[quote name='souNdwAve89']How exactly was it goofy? I thought the story was awesome and it was cool to be Ezio throughout the years and see him grow as a person.[/QUOTE]

Yes it definitely was, that's why I think Brotherhood's story kind of sucked because Ezio's development had ended. Brotherhood was still addictive as all hell, and the 2012 segments added some more story, but overall I don't think it's as high quality and refreshing as II.

I just received the email an hour ago. I still have time to run up to best buy to purchase this. Not sure if I should or not. For $20 it's not bad. But I haven't played the original yet. So...

[quote name='bardockkun']Goddamn, for a Ubisoft game this one is taking forever to hit the under $15 mark that I want it to be.[/QUOTE]

It was $15 like 3-4 months ago from GameFly

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Yes it definitely was, that's why I think Brotherhood's story kind of sucked because Ezio's development had ended. Brotherhood was still addictive as all hell, and the 2012 segments added some more story, but overall I don't think it's as high quality and refreshing as II.[/QUOTE]

The ending felt way too rushed.

I used my free $10 RZ cert and bought AC2 for $10 AC. I had originally planned on buying some MS points with the cert but changed my mind when I saw the email. I've been $11 short from a $10 Gamer's Club cert and $29 short from a regular $5 cert for a long time. I bought AC2 with a $20 gift so I should have a $15 cert in 30 days. :)

ACII seems like one of those titles you could find for $10 if you looked hard enough..but from my memories of playing and 100%ing it back in January this year is:

a GREAT game that i got totally immersed in, and rarely wanted to put down.

So hyped to play Brotherhood..once I find out where my girlfriend hid it

AC Brotherhood was $35 at my local Best Buy for Christmas special!! I know it says acII just everyone that loves ac wont be pissed to read this.

when acII came out I got it for $30 at same Best Buy, try your luck the acII was website but ac: brother hood I saw locally so check it out.

[quote name='souNdwAve89']How exactly was it goofy? I thought the story was awesome and it was cool to be Ezio throughout the years and see him grow as a person.[/QUOTE]

After he MAJOR SPOILER avenged his family the guild was basically like "hey, this guy used to be roommates with your dad's murderer" and it kept going on and on like that until the end. Also who can believe he MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD never got it on with the only woman in the game. I mean, come on, the games about ancestors

[quote name='moothemagiccow']After he
MAJOR SPOILER avenged his family the guild was basically like "hey, this guy used to be roommates with your dad's murderer" and it kept going on and on like that until the end. Also who can believe he MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD never got it on with the only woman in the game. I mean, come on, the games about ancestors
[/QUOTE]

We have spoiler tags you know. And anyways,
Didn't he have to bail out of a girls room after getting caught sleeping with her like a half an hour into the game?

[quote name='rainking187']We have spoiler tags you know. And anyways,
Didn't he have to bail out of a girls room after getting caught sleeping with her like a half an hour into the game?
[/QUOTE]

Well the spoiler alerts were me being sarcastic
but good point about the beginning

Just stopped by best buy and the checkout line went all the way to the back of the store. Would have taken an hour to check out. fuck that.

My local BB's wasn't that long at all. Customer Service however had a huge line!

I printed out the coupon for AC2 and was totally about to bite. But I figured. I'm playing the first Assassins Creed and Assassins Creed 2 will be a Platinum hit soon anyway or I could get it used so really no point!

bread's done
Back