Assassin's Creed 2 for $25.54 w/ Free Shipping.

Playing through it now, it is AMAZING. 100 times better than AC1.
Highly recommended!

I bought used at GS.com last month for $17 w/coupon+edge...
It's 32.99 used now, which means $22.28 shipped with edge and 25PRE coupon code.
Good if you have credit at Gamestop and not Amazon. Otherwise new for $25 is a better deal.

Hmm..have been waiting on this game for a while now and it continues to slowly drop.
This price is good enough for me..but if I bite, this will just be added to my ever growing backlog of games. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='pureheat101']should i buy it or just rent it over the summer?[/QUOTE]

The game has some DLC's which are not worth too much and has zero replay value unless you would like to complete the achievements.
When you are replaying this game, you are starting from scratch.

[quote name='integrafied1']Hmm..have been waiting on this game for a while now and it continues to slowly drop.
This price is good enough for me..but if I bite, this will just be added to my ever growing backlog of games. Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Considering that I never opened AC1 . . . maybe I should wait longer.

in for 1 (amazon, not a fan of walmart, even though they've got free shipping to HOME instead of only the site to store like usual). Added to the backlog that i'm steadily chewing through.

I don't like walmart's "Site to store" thing with online sale prices. Why can't they just make it an in-store pickup of the item at the discounted price. Instead you must wait for the item to be shipped to the store (even if the store HAS THE ITEM IN STOCK), then wait for the employee to figure out why the item is cheaper than their shelf price.

Last edited by a moderator:
All right, now I have a backlog. I need to take a break and buy no new games for next few months.

dammit...i wanna pc version

EDIT: nevermind just saw the stupid, dumbass DRM affiliated with this game....360 for me :p

[quote name='marineal']15.54 for me, amazon credit FTW :)[/QUOTE]

Same. SSFIV $10 promo credit, then I paid the rest on trade-in credit. Even though it was dumb of me to buy. I mean, hell, I just bought 4 games from the pretty-darn-good Gamestop sale. And I couldn't get into the original...but for $25 not even out of pocket, I couldn't resist.

I think I'm gonna jump on this. Got a $10 credit for the Bioshock 2 deal I jumped on a week back

Check this though. If you play this, dont like it, then you can trade it back still for $18 credit down the road. (Assuming it doesn't go down alot)

Not a bad deal if you beat it in a few weeks but aren't gonna return it.

Comes with $5 MP3 credit (I think)
"Upon order of your purchased qualifying video games item, you will receive an email indicating that the $5 credit for Amazon MP3 music downloads has been applied to your account automatically. The credit may be used only for Amazon MP3 downloads available at www.amazon.com. You must redeem your credit (in one or more transactions) for Amazon MP3 downloads by July 15, 2010. Customers may only become eligible for the $5 MP3 offer once during the May 7, 2010 to June 15, 2010 promotional period."

zaaag

tempting price. will have to check over @ game craze to see if they have dropped their price yet, since I have credit with them.

I got AC2 from Amazon when it was $29.99 last month and am currently playing through it right now and having a blast. Even without any replay value, it seems like there is a ton to do the first time around and feel like it was well worth it at $29.99.

This game is worth it for sure at this price point IMO. Waaaaay better than the first one. Also an easy 1000\1000 for the fellow achievement whores.

It dropped a dollar and now it doesn't qualify for free shipping w/o a filler. Good news, bad news.

I picked up a "used but complete/mint" copy on warehouse deals for $19.99 yesterday. It stated they only had 1 copy in stock but they still have it available.

Got this game for 5.45 thanks to Amazon Credit. :D

Well, the game and a pack of 100 metal washers so I could get the free shipping. :p

[quote name='redGSRguy']Do I need to play AC1 to get the full story/experience from AC2?[/QUOTE]
No, but you might want to check out one of the YouTube videos that shows the ending of AC1. Really, though, they give you all the info you need at the start of AC2.

To echo the thoughts of others, I got bored with AC1 and sold it without finishing it, but I really like AC2. They actually seem to have listened to the complaints about AC1 and addressed them.

bread's done
Back