j940651

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
courtesy Joystiq.com.
on sale: Nov.17th.
5orq6o.jpg

IMG%5D

The official Assassin's Creed Twitter feed has revealed what will be discovered inside the sequel's collector's edition -- oddly enough, it's quite similar to what was found in the original's collector's edition (photo after the break). The set comes with the game, art book, statue of the latest protagonist and GameStop "exclusive" in-game maps. One map is the previously mentioned Palazzo Medici, while the other is the Santa Maria dei Frari in Venice.

We're not currently seeing a price attached to the set but, we're sure whatever it is, Ubi will make a killing in sales.

Two in-game maps? Does this mean two extra missions? Or is there some multiplayer mode that I missed out completely?

The LE for the first game was epic, especially when combined with the pre-order bonus items as well. Hopefully This will only be 10 dollars more like the last one but I have my doubts. Seems 100 dollars for a LE is now the norm (a price I will not pay).

If the game was priced $20 above standard on a STANDARD price, I would buy it. However, with this new $70 norm an extra $20 will make the game after taxes reach a very repulsive hundred dollar plus price tag.

It seems as if we are getting back to the PSX and before era of pricing games... where all games boast a price tag nearing a hundred dollars. I remember when Final Fantasy's were a hundred dollars... However, the thing about final fantasy's is they had way more gameplay.

how long did it take for the metal gear solid 4 LE to become a $9.99
doorcrasher at EB? it doesn't take too long for BBV to drop LE's $20-30 from release
prices. it's just how bad do you want the maps.

I guess a price drop all depends on how limited Ubisoft wants to make this CE. For all we know it could truly be limited like what we've seen with Capcom CEs.

[quote name='j940651']it's just how bad do you want the maps.[/QUOTE]
Which will be readily available to everyone from the start. Those gamestop codes aren't unique and all it takes is one person to post it on the internet. It's more of a cheat code if you will.

What made the first game's LE so epic? If I recall, it was rather lame. The figurine was extremely small, the PA comic was okay and the DVD was okay.

Nothing really extraordinary about it. Am I missing something?

At least for AC2 the figurine looks to be a little bigger.

[quote name='TheClair']What made the first game's LE so epic? If I recall, it was rather lame. The figurine was extremely small, the PA comic was okay and the DVD was okay.

Nothing really extraordinary about it. Am I missing something?

At least for AC2 the figurine looks to be a little bigger.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't that great, but it was priced the same price as the regular edition at EB for the first week or so. It worked out that the extras were free for me.

[quote name='imcrazy']The LE for the first game was epic, especially when combined with the pre-order bonus items as well. Hopefully This will only be 10 dollars more like the last one but I have my doubts. Seems 100 dollars for a LE is now the norm (a price I will not pay).[/QUOTE]

What was the preorder bonus for the first one?

This better not be the same bullshit as the Capcom special editions for RE5 and ST4 where the figure just LOOKS like it's as big as the box but it's one inch fucking tall.

[quote name='imcrazy']Which will be readily available to everyone from the start. Those gamestop codes aren't unique and all it takes is one person to post it on the internet. It's more of a cheat code if you will.[/QUOTE]
Many/most recent pre-order codes have been unique, I assume these will be as well.

[quote name='imcrazy']Which will be readily available to everyone from the start. Those gamestop codes aren't unique and all it takes is one person to post it on the internet. It's more of a cheat code if you will.[/QUOTE]

They will most likely be unique codes.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']They will most likely be unique codes.[/QUOTE]

The bonus coustumes for Prince of Persia last year (pre-order bonus) wasn't a unique code so it is possible seeing as it is the same developer/publisher.

[quote name='kathos']This better not be the same bullshit as the Capcom special editions for RE5 and ST4 where the figure just LOOKS like it's as big as the box but it's one inch fucking tall.[/QUOTE]The figure is 8.5 inches tall. (someone asked Ubisoft this question on Twitter and gave that number)

bread's done
Back