Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3) $25.54 New Walmart.com

walkonshadows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Just got Assassin's Creed 2 for PS3 new from walmart.com for $25.54 free shipping to closest store (only mile for me), or to your home. The store is selling the same game for $40. Stupid weird but oh well. :booty:

As a new member I can't post links, so just search for it on walmarts site.

You can probably find this cheaper.

I picked it up from Walmart like two months ago for $20

[quote name='theenforcer1']This game worth it?[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah it is. I hated the first, but the sequel is one of my favorites. You can get it cheaper than $25, though.

if you get all the DLC with this deal, you'd be paying $36.52 for the game, bonfire of the vanities, battle of forli, and the 3 secret templar locations that were only in the collector's edition. That to me is worth it. All that for less than what it would cost if they ever did come out with a game of the year edition including the DLC. just my 2 cents. I've gotten into the habit of waiting at least 6 months before getting a game just to avoid the BS, like when Resident evil 4 was released later on PS2 with bonus content when it was supposed to be a GC exclusive, or when they re-released Devil May Cry 3 as a special edition with a crap ton pof extras and it's list price was just $20! Alot of people feel like publishers are holding back disc content to release as DLC (which they are) waiting is one way not to get burned by re-releases and get all the DLC that should have come on the disc for less than everyone bought the disc on day one for did just for the vanilla 1.0 version. I've learned to be patient, sit down and start doing the math, you can almost get 2-3 times the games by not being an early adopter, true you might miss out on the collector's editions, but alot of that stuff (startegy guides,soundtracks,extra in game content) is either sold seperately or in the case of DLC is offered a few months down the road anyway.

I used to buy new and sell them on ebay after i was done with them, but you come out ahead by waiting instead of trying to recoup some of the cost, mostly because you spend what you sold it for on the DLC. Which would you prefer:

1. Buy game new at $50, play it for 2 months, sell it on Ebay for $20 leaving you to have still spent $30 without the newer version they are gonna release in 6 months and without having bought any DLC, or....

2. Wait 6 months, buy game at substantial discount for $25, possibly being a newer version with all the bug fixes and extras, get all the DLC at a substantial discount as well and still have spent less than the $50 + DLC cost + if you are willing to shell out for another "edition" of the same game than you would have spent.

^but gamers like me just have that damn itch sometimes, like i'm probably gonna get killzone 3 first day even though i know theres gonna be a price drop 6 months later. its just that itch.

[quote name='theenforcer1']This game worth it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, can't go wrong with AC2!
Play the demo or check on youtube some in game videos.

[quote name='walkonshadows']if you get all the DLC with this deal, you'd be paying $36.52 for the game, bonfire of the vanities, battle of forli, and the 3 secret templar locations that were only in the collector's edition. That to me is worth it. All that for less than what it would cost if they ever did come out with a game of the year edition including the DLC. just my 2 cents. I've gotten into the habit of waiting at least 6 months before getting a game just to avoid the BS, like when Resident evil 4 was released later on PS2 with bonus content when it was supposed to be a GC exclusive, or when they re-released Devil May Cry 3 as a special edition with a crap ton pof extras and it's list price was just $20! Alot of people feel like publishers are holding back disc content to release as DLC (which they are) waiting is one way not to get burned by re-releases and get all the DLC that should have come on the disc for less than everyone bought the disc on day one for did just for the vanilla 1.0 version. I've learned to be patient, sit down and start doing the math, you can almost get 2-3 times the games by not being an early adopter, true you might miss out on the collector's editions, but alot of that stuff (startegy guides,soundtracks,extra in game content) is either sold seperately or in the case of DLC is offered a few months down the road anyway.

I used to buy new and sell them on ebay after i was done with them, but you come out ahead by waiting instead of trying to recoup some of the cost, mostly because you spend what you sold it for on the DLC. Which would you prefer:

1. Buy game new at $50, play it for 2 months, sell it on Ebay for $20 leaving you to have still spent $30 without the newer version they are gonna release in 6 months and without having bought any DLC, or....

2. Wait 6 months, buy game at substantial discount for $25, possibly being a newer version with all the bug fixes and extras, get all the DLC at a substantial discount as well and still have spent less than the $50 + DLC cost + if you are willing to shell out for another "edition" of the same game than you would have spent.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but then again one could say just wait until the next slew on consoles come out and get everything last gen much cheaper, then when the next new system comes out do the same all over again. Its not just videogames either, its just economics.

I bought Borderlands when it hit the $40 mark. Its still one of my fave games, and while i dislike the dlc that trickles on afterward, i still get plenty of gametime, and patiently waiting for a deal on them when they all hit $5each made it worthwhile. $55 for a game that i still enjoy after 55+hours plus i still havent played General Knoxx yet makes the game a good investment.

video games in general are among the best cost/per hour of entertainment there is. I have rpg's with over 800+ hour saves, that's 0.0625 cent per hour for a $50 game, think about how many times you actually watch those $30 blueray movies, nothing beats the actual cost Vs. entertainment hours of video games, all the more reason to get it as cheap as possible. The problem with waiting til next gen, is the fact some games go out of print and then go to the other extreme, from beaing plentiful and cheap to being rare and $160 on Ebay, I'm looking at you PS2 REZ.

and I missed the gamestop sale, in case you haven't noticed I'm new to the site, only 3 days now...so if it can still be found cheaper, have at it, I was just trying to give back.

bread's done
Back