Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3) @ Toys R US for $39.99

S

stickboy

I just picked up Assassin's Creed 2 from my nearby Toys R Us for $39.99. I was surprised because I didn't see it advertised in their weekly flyer. Sale price ends on the 1/30 (I think).

[quote name='The_Man_From_UNCLE']I saw it for the 360 for $39.99 along with the PS3 version. This was in NJ[/QUOTE]
Thanks for heads up. Might consider picking it up alongside ME2 Tuesday.. wow what a backlog I'll have.

[quote name='shoe478']You can get the platinum for this game in one play through. If I had it to do over again, I would've rented it.[/QUOTE]
I agree. It is still a game worth playing, but not worth buying. I ended up trading my copy away after getting the platinum. After beating it, there is no reason to go back and play it again.

[quote name='kaydigi']Any reason to buy Ubisoft games at release day MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft games are notorious for dropping in price real fast. I always wait the 6 months for a typical Ubisoft game to hit the $19.99 - $29.99 price point.

[quote name='kaydigi']Any reason to buy Ubisoft games at release day MSRP?[/QUOTE]
Ubisoft games and Xbox 360 exclusives. Halo 3 ODST, Forza 3, and L4D2 all dropped to, and below, $40 before Christmas.

The game (and other $60 360/PS3 titles) is supposed to be $20 off when you pick up MAG or ME2. Possible price error?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Skoad']The game (and some select others) is supposed to be $20 off when you pick up MAG or ME2. Possible price error?[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us is always screwing up promos. Maybe this game will ring up an additional $20 off when you buy one of those games.

[quote name='trunks982']is the game better than the first? first one was good but too repetitive.[/QUOTE]

MUCH better. It's one of the best sequels in terms of improvements over its predecessor.

The missions leading up to killing your target aren't recycled. And you do more than just do them to collect info. The story is great, too. And you can keep doing assassination missions.

And you barely control Desmond. Just the beginning, a brief part in the middle, and the end.

[quote name='shoe478']Toys R Us is always screwing up promos. Maybe this game will ring up an additional $20 off when you buy one of those games.[/QUOTE]
Well, the deal is "Buy MAG or ME2 and get any second PS3/360 $59.99 or more for $20 off".

Only if you *must* have them the first day or week. I had to pre-order No More Heroes 2 cause I bought the first so cheap ($18) and felt obligation to pay full price for the sequel.

I also buy the Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon games at launch or close to it because all my friends love those games.

Everything else I wait $20 or less from Ubisoft.

I love this game so much, i went yesterday and traded it back in (got it used on BF B2G1 free sale) for the last Master Assassin edition they had. $42.50 trade with current promo & edge card promo. $25 Gift card from online surveys, amd i paid the $15 difference, i dont usually splurge like that, but im really in love with this game, The freedom to make my kills as stylish as possible, all the Italian grew on me. BTW, i found the first game boring and repitive after 2 days; ths one, i play for hours every day and night.

Assassinscreed2gs.jpg

You guys are seriously saying to rent this instead of buying it? It's like a 40 hour game if you do everything and don't just run off to GameFAQs to look stuff up. Well worth actually owning.

[quote name='icedrake523']MUCH better. It's one of the best sequels in terms of improvements over its predecessor.

The missions leading up to killing your target aren't recycled. And you do more than just do them to collect info. The story is great, too. And you can keep doing assassination missions.

And you barely control Desmond. Just the beginning, a brief part in the middle, and the end.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Every single thing that annoyed me in AC1 has been fixed/improved in AC2 (and there were many, many things that annoyed me in AC1 to the point where I took a long break from the game before finishing it-- beggars being the worst). I give AC1 a 7/10 and AC2 a 10/10. AC2 is the game that AC1 sought out to be.

I think I remember someone picking this up for $20 with the MAG/ME2 promo. So if you were wondering if they were stacking, better to be safe than sorry. :p

I thought the game was pretty bad. Not terrible by any standard, just not very grand.

I feel like I'm doing the same crap over and over, which would be fine if it's exhilarating, but it's... not.

[quote name='regis100']Thanks! I might have to pick this up.

5 SBD traded in to GS = 1 Assassin's Creed II[/QUOTE]

Lol, you haven't checked the trade in value lately.

[quote name='shoe478']Lol, you haven't checked the trade in value lately.[/QUOTE]

I'm good. They were traded in on days 1 and 2 of the deal. Now it's time to use the credit. ;)

So did they fix my two biggest beefs with the first game?
1)combat had awful controls and you'd invariably get the crap beat out of you unless you managed to just time the reversals perfectly each time
2)when you got spotted there were way to few places to hide in order to stop the "alert". about 8/10 times I got spotted I ended up in a giant fight, running, they'd catch up, and like 9 guys would encircle me and kill me.
Needless to say I think I got to block 5 and sold it without finishing it.

[quote name='Cardiff Giant']So did they fix my two biggest beefs with the first game?
1)combat had awful controls and you'd invariably get the crap beat out of you unless you managed to just time the reversals perfectly each time[/quote]
The countering is easier but you can attack without getting blocked every single time.

2)when you got spotted there were way to few places to hide in order to stop the "alert". about 8/10 times I got spotted I ended up in a giant fight, running, they'd catch up, and like 9 guys would encircle me and kill me.
Needless to say I think I got to block 5 and sold it without finishing it.
The alerts don't happen as often. Running by guards won't get them to chase you like in the first. And if they're watching you, you can just keep walking away and they'll give up. You can decrease your notoriety in 3 ways: removing wanted posters, bribing heralds, or killing a certain enemy (they only appear on your map when your notoriety is 75%). What also helps is you can hire mercenaries or thieves to help fight large groups of enemies. And you can often do a quick kill if you're behind a guard that's fighting a merc/thief. You also get smokebombs later on so you can use one and run away.

bread's done
Back