Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE (360 & PS3) $99.99

This thread is hijacked with a bunch of haters. $100 is overpriced, $80 is overpriced, $60 is overpriced. Hell, $50 for a game is overpriced. So what? If you want to wait a couple months to save $20, so be it. I want the game, I want the CE, and I'll buy the CE. So will a lot of other people. Complaining about somebody buying something you can't afford to put the money on is pretty stupid. I don't complain about people who buy mansions just because I can't afford to buy one.

Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite game franchises, and I'll enjoy having this to go along with my AC1 CE and my AC2 CE. I can't wait for the AC3 CE! Everybody collects something; doesn't make it useless junk.

Being a CAG is one thing, being a fan of something is another. I'll look for cheap deals on games that I'm not waiting months to buy; games I'm just looking to pick up and play when I'm bored. I'll buy something I'm a fan of the day it comes out.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Anybody who complains about the price of something, it's because you can't afford it. No other logical reason..[/QUOTE]

Words can't truly describe how ridiculously stupid your logic is.

Also OT but I noticed you paid $100 for the Bioshock 2 CE and were pretty upset when it dropped to $50 (why would you be anyway you got money to burn apparently). I paid $19.99 for it at TRU :D

You seem very angry. Why are you mad? Why are you worrying about what other people spend their money on. If you can't afford this Collector's Edition, it baffles me why you're in this thread...

If any CAG is buying a game, saving or spending an extra $20 here and there, and it's either making or breaking their bank account, they shouldn't be buying games in the first place.

I'm not angry at all, but everytime you post I laugh my ass off, and question our education system. Are you 12 by the way? Blabbering on like some elitist dickhead saying if you complan about a CE it means you can't afford it makes you look like a complete dumbass. This is CAG, which stands for CHEAP ASS GAMER, This isn't MSRPGAMER is it? 99% of people here bitch about prices, that in no way means they can't afford the games they're bitching about. Maybe one day you'll grasp this.

The name SpockBlocker is apt considering Spock was known to make logical statements, and well you seem to be blocking every aspect of that

Let the record show that SpockBlock wrote this in a thread for an XBL Gold membership just yesterday:

[quote name='SpockBlocker']This is not a great deal...[/QUOTE]

Surely based on your logic, by hating on that deal you couldn't afford it. Why are you even in that thread if you can't afford it? Tsk Tsk

Ugh, it's 3 in the morning, I'm not bothering to "argue" with a teenager on the internet when I should be sleeping. I assume you're a teenager, because of your username. I liked Dragonball Z when I was a kid too. Probably still would actually.

Back on the topic of this thread...

As a huge Assassin's Creed fan, I'll be picking up the CE on release day, and will display it proudly among my gaming collection; overpriced or not.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I have like 22 CE's. Cant stop now...[/QUOTE]

I truly feel bad for you.

Seriously, Spock, you are not a CAG. A CAG is a CHEAP ass gamer. I'm really not even sure why you're here. We're CHEAP ass gamers which means we don't throw our money away at ridiculously overpriced rip-off piece of shit plastic bullshit Collector's Editions whether we can afford it or not.

I've saved hundreds of dollars by finding deals here. Just because I'll pay full price for a game I want the day it comes out, and save money on random games I pick up from deals, doesn't make me a moron; which is the original comment made about people who'd buy this CE.

Side-by-side comparison of the GS/regular jacks (note the keys are different as well):

ACJack.jpg

I have to say: I like the Doctor version better. Perhaps because it looks more like something from Bioshock rather than Batman.

If it was around 70 or maybe even 80 it might be worth it for me but I just can't see in getting it at this time. Atleast not with Halo Reach coming next month.

This thread is hijacked with a bunch of haters. $100 is overpriced, $80 is overpriced, $60 is overpriced. Hell, $50 for a game is overpriced. So what? If you want to wait a couple months to save $20, so be it. I want the game, I want the CE, and I'll buy the CE. So will a lot of other people. Complaining about somebody buying something you can't afford to put the money on is pretty stupid. I don't complain about people who buy mansions just because I can't afford to buy one.

"Haters", right. More like people who aren't autistic enough to spend almost double the price of an already overpriced game to get some retarded toy with it. But by all means continue to delude yourself into thinking that anyone is impressed with your ability to buy "collectors edition" crap that is marked up 400% from its actual value. I'm sure your 22 mass-produced "collectors edition" games will be worth something some day. Or not.

The jack-in-the-box looks pretty cool. Whether or not it's worth the money to some people is something that should not be fought over. Let people pay whatever they want for stuff. It's not like they're forcing you to buy it at the same price too.

I'll definitely buy this if I have the money when it comes out (I've got the other two CEs) but I don't get the jack in the box. I mean I know the figures in them are characters from the game, but other than that what the hell does a jack in the box have to do with Assassin's Creed?

I think people have the right to whine about the price of this. We are on the website called 'CheapAssGamer', after all.

I do agree, though. It's a bit expensive, and we never seem to get the more complete versions of these AC CEs.

[quote name='rainking187']I'll definitely buy this if I have the money when it comes out (I've got the other two CEs) but I don't get the jack in the box. I mean I know the figures in them are characters from the game, but other than that what the hell does a jack in the box have to do with Assassin's Creed?[/QUOTE]

The first thing I thought when I saw the jack in the box was that it was actually a clever fit - hiding, surprise and a deceptive exterior are what they have in common. I'd consider picking this up myself - I've enjoyed both AC I and II enough to where I keep my eyes open for used CEs of those.

I won't be picking up the game at launch so, by the time I end up buying it, I expect I'll be able to get the game (used) and the Doctor-in-the-box (the one I want) off of ebay for less than $45-50 total.

Shipping is free, but not sure about taxes. I tried looking up that info myself last night, but you have to checkout to see if you're charged any taxes, and I didn't feel like going through all that. The pre-order bonus is the main reason not to go the Ubishop route, but was just posting as a potential cheaper alternative

I have a hard time deciding if I want to get the US or the UK version...
Anybody else is considering the UK version?

Whats in the UK version.

PS: I'm own about 26 Limited,Collector,Special Editions and only paid full price for about 3 of them

US version ($99.99):
acus.jpg

- The Harlequin Jack-in-the-Box Collectible (exclusive to GameStop) or The Doctor Jack-in-the-Box Collectible (available at all other participating retailers)
- Two Exclusive In-Game Single Player Maps
- Hard Copy Strategy Map of Rome
- Exclusive Art Book
- Bonus Disc
* Exclusive Making-of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Video
* Digital Sneak Peak at the Assassin’s Creed Comic
* Trailers
* Game Soundtrack
And you get a "Helmschmied Drachen armor" download code if you pre-order from Amazon.com.

UK version (£69.99 = $110):
acuk.jpg

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Limited Codex Edition Includes:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood game
Renaissance Collector Chest
Exclusive Codex
Map of Rome
Multiplayer characters cards
Lineage DVD
Bonus DVD and game soundtrack
2 Exclusive single player maps: Aqua Gear & Trajan Market
2 Multiplayer characters: Harlequin & Officer
Additional bonus content yet to be revealed

AU version ($120, probably AUD, which is $108 USD):
acau.jpg

The Auditore Edition is a collector edition of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, fully focused on Ezio Auditore and
his story. This edition is composed of an animus style box including a 3D shaped face of Ezio, hidden under his Assassin
hood. The box contains:
- A copy of Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood game
- Assassin’s Creed® Lineage DVD: discover the story of Ezio Auditore’s story by following his father, Giovanni, in this three episodes short movie.
- Multiplayer Characters Collectible Cards: a set of trade cards presenting all the characters of Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood Multiplayer, their kill moves and biography
- Additional unlockable content:
One single player outdoor map: Aqua Gears map
One single player skin for Ezio

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear I love the Assassins Creed Collectors editions but I never really care for the game lol. Tempting but I am unsure at this point.

Oh wow. I love the EU version and the US version. I've got something weird about me with books and boxes... I love the Codex in the EU version.

Although, once again, considering the LE of LBP2 comes with book ends and a sack boy plush for only $20 extra, its hard for ME to justify paying another $40 for this extra stuff.

Edit: wow, the EU version cost even more? jeeze...

Lol, that 'additional bonus to be discovered' is just the Amazon pre-order armor. Kinda sucks that EU gets all the pre-order bonuses (plus the officer which nobody gets in the US AFAIK), but I'd rather have my Doctor box than just a collectible chest.

Not really a deal, but to each their own. I'm not even sure I like the Jack in the Box. The harlequin multiplayer skin looks cool, but in a game about stalking and assassination...is standing out that much really a good thing?

I almost like the Doctor version jack in the box better...if its going to be creepy anyway...why not go all out creepy?

[quote name='arcane93']What is the "Lineage" DVD in the UK version?

Edit: Oh, nevermind -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Lineage

Odd that they wouldn't include it in the US version. Anyone actually watched it? Worth bothering?[/QUOTE]

You can watch the whole thing on youtube apparently. Just watched a few mins of it and it didn't look so good. Acting was bad, as was the actual production quality. Probably cool if you're a fan of the game though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcE8xJkK6t4

[quote name='Interfeci']I think people have the right to whine about the price of this. We are on the website called 'CheapAssGamer', after all.

I do agree, though. It's a bit expensive, and we never seem to get the more complete versions of these AC CEs.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that EVERY collector's edition thread features people who come in just to complain. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Collectors/Limited Editions are made specifically for people who are big fans of the franchise and will spend the extra money to show that. If people aren't fans and think it's a ripoff then they should stay the fuck out of these threads and buy the game stand alone.

[quote name='robin2099']I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that EVERY collector's edition thread features people who come in just to complain. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Collectors/Limited Editions are made specifically for people who are big fans of the franchise and will spend the extra money to show that. If people aren't fans and think it's a ripoff then they should stay the fuck out of these threads and buy the game stand alone.[/QUOTE]

You could make the same argument that people who have no problems paying $100 for these lackluster CE's should stay the fuck out of this site altogether since it's not exactly something a true Cheap Ass Gamer would do. The point being, it's a dumb argument either way.

[quote name='robin2099']I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that EVERY collector's edition thread features people who come in just to complain. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Collectors/Limited Editions are made specifically for people who are big fans of the franchise and will spend the extra money to show that. If people aren't fans and think it's a ripoff then they should stay the fuck out of these threads and buy the game stand alone.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect? This topic doesn't even belong here in a forum for video game deals. It's advertising a special edition of a game being sold at the MSRP. This topic is as relevant as posting a link to a vendor selling Madden NFL '11 for the standard $60 price.

If you dont like the thread, then why click on it and bitch. Its like an old man telling kids to get off his lawn

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, that 'additional bonus to be discovered' is just the Amazon pre-order armor. Kinda sucks that EU gets all the pre-order bonuses (plus the officer which nobody gets in the US AFAIK), but I'd rather have my Doctor box than just a collectible chest.[/QUOTE]

The officer is a preorder bonus from Best Buy in the US if you are looking for it.

[quote name='Lexicon']The officer is a preorder bonus from Best Buy in the US if you are looking for it.[/QUOTE]
Oh word, I'll have to update my thread then.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']If you dont like the thread, then why click on it bitch. [/QUOTE]

^ there i fixed it for u

i don't know i don't see this really being a $100 as gamestop will sure have some sort of code to get it cheaper-from one of the many codes they put up.

You could make the same argument that people who have no problems paying $100 for these lackluster CE's should stay the fuck out of this site altogether since it's not exactly something a true Cheap Ass Gamer would do. The point being, it's a dumb argument either way.

Not really. Your response is pretty much a dumb argument though. Last time I checked this was a site to get video game deals if you chose, not a way of life like you are insinuating.

What do you expect? This topic doesn't even belong here in a forum for video game deals. It's advertising a special edition of a game being sold at the MSRP. This topic is as relevant as posting a link to a vendor selling Madden NFL '11 for the standard $60 price.

Like I said before though, if your an AC fan you will consider it a deal, despite the fact that it's full MSRP for some of the exclusives it contains. We put games that are full MSRP on here all the time if it comes with exclusives so why should things like this be any different?

Crap. I already have 20 dollars down at gamestop but I really do want the Doctor JitB. I might transfer that to reach and just buy the Amazon version.

so this is coming out in about two days and I'm yet to make a decision on it... the game is a def. pick up for me but that jack in the box doesn't really look all that good but might be worth something in the future.. would be nice to know the specs of the box size too...

[quote name='robin2099']Like I said before though, if your an AC fan you will consider it a deal, despite the fact that it's full MSRP for some of the exclusives it contains. We put games that are full MSRP on here all the time if it comes with exclusives so why should things like this be any different?[/QUOTE]

Because it is not a damn deal

I love AC2 and i do not consider this a deal whatsoever.
I am weighing value vs price here and i can not get this at msrp, disregarding my love for AC2. [cant believe i grabbed AC2 so late]
This CE is just too expensive for what it offers.

Besides, i am sure you CE/LE junkies already know every little CE/LE known to man that will come out, and do not need a thread pointing out every game and every little "exclusive" item it offers with the MSRP slapped on it in big numbers.
I am sure you do cause every die hard fan of anything will gather their info from another specialized source.

bread's done
Back