Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Still gotta say I never found the original to be repetitive or boring. Sure you may do the same actions but it was always for a different purpose. Each time you did one of the "investigation" missions the dialogue for them was unique (partly why I found them enjoyable to complete), and the reward different too (sometimes you got a map of the enemy guard patrols around your target, other times you got a scholar group to help you infiltrate, etc).

It's kind of like saying Halo is repetitive because all you do is shoot things... over and over. Or that Forza is repetitive because you just drive cars.

Soodmeg- I guess it depends on what parts of the gameplay you didn't like. If running on buildings and stabbing people was the problem, doesn't seem like that got changed. If the strictly linear progression was the problem, AC2 and ACB seem substantially more open in that regard.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I played again and you guys are right.....if I stick to the main story, romulus tombs and probably the borgia towers, those are the fun parts of the fun parts of the game. . I won't be doing brothel quests or rebuilding Rome much, that's the type of stuff I'll avoid. But that's okay. Oh yeah, and I'll be sure to do the Subject 16 glyph's too. The story and overall universe are too good to walk away from.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah... in your case, definitely don't waste your time with the faction missions... they are dull. If you are interested in a bit of side story concerning Ezio, then make sure to also do the broken heart icon missions (I'm not sure if you've seen them yet).

And some of those Subject 16 glyphs are freakin mind-numbing. Good luck getting through them.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Is it just me or are the throwing knives glitchy? Sometimes i can hold X and then release to throw a knife. Then sometimes i try to hold X and he throws one right away and it doesnt kill them instantly. Then there are the times where im highlighting a guy, and hold X and release, but he throws maybe 3 randomly in some other direction.[/QUOTE]
You know you can kill 3 dudes at once with throwing knives, right? I would assume you're throwing 3 randomly because you're not doing it right.
Press left trigger to target a guy, then HOLD X (360, dunno on ps3- just press the stabby button) If there are more dudes around they will glow red. Release X to throw stabbies.

If you guys want an informal CAG multiplayer session tonight I can be the point-person... let's say 9pm EST. PM on CAG or send me a friend invite with CAG in your motto to my XBL. Hopefully we can get 8 together and have every game available.

I tried playing the MP today, and i couldnt even get into a game. Tried free for all, and another mode, and it would just stand there at getting people, or loading the match, then lost connection. Im ready to sell this game. I only have one or two non multiplayer achievements left. I really dont care about trying to get the MP achievements.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I tried playing the MP today, and i couldnt even get into a game. Tried free for all, and another mode, and it would just stand there at getting people, or loading the match, then lost connection. Im ready to sell this game. I only have one or two non multiplayer achievements left. I really dont care about trying to get the MP achievements.[/QUOTE]
I've had far fewer problems getting into a game lately. Once you're in a game, you can usually stay with the same people to play another game immediately after.

Finished the game over the weekend and trying to clean up all the Borgia flags, but I'm having trouble with one.

I don't have the game in front of me, so I'll try to describe where it is. It's on the most eastern part of the map where there's a square fortress sticking out from the map. I have no clue how to get on the walls to get to the flag?

[quote name='adriley313']if anyone wants to play MP
add me
level 2 and loving it[/QUOTE]
You throwin' stabbies yet, son?

[quote name='menikmati']Finished the game over the weekend and trying to clean up all the Borgia flags, but I'm having trouble with one.

I don't have the game in front of me, so I'll try to describe where it is. It's on the most eastern part of the map where there's a square fortress sticking out from the map. I have no clue how to get on the walls to get to the flag?
[/QUOTE]

If its the one I'm thinking of, you need to use your horse to jump across the broken bridge above.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']You throwin' stabbies yet, son?[/QUOTE]

Don't know how yet but i do lov the MP.

Question: How come sometimes I can't choose my Harlequin outfit in MP even though I paid for it.

[quote name='adriley313']Don't know how yet but i do lov the MP.

Question: How come sometimes I can't choose my Harlequin outfit in MP even though I paid for it.[/QUOTE]
Some other guy
who will spend the entire match on the roof
picked him first.

I am going to give this a rent, I have never and will never play AC2 will I miss much as far as storyline goes?

The MP seems too interesting for me to pass up. Plus there isnt shit out until the new year anyway.

EDIT: Hmmm, from what I read it seems like I should play the AC2 first.......

Hopefully will be picking this up soon, is the MP fun?

I'm a huge multiplayer kind of guy, will probably spend most of the time playing MP compared to the campaign. This and Hot Pursuit will probably be my next 2 purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']
EDIT: Hmmm, from what I read it seems like I should play the AC2 first.......[/QUOTE]

Yeah i remembering them saying this wasnt AC3, so i figured it wouldnt have a big role on the storyline, but it does.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Hopefully will be picking this up soon, is the MP fun?

I'm a huge multiplayer kind of guy, will probably spend most of the time playing MP compared to the campaign. This and Hot Pursuit will probably be my next 2 purchases.[/QUOTE]

I was all hyped up about the game after seeing MP footage, then a friend tells me that you'll be playing against high levels, which apparently get the ability to see through costumes/disguises.

Put an end to that hype.

[quote name='Rhett']I was all hyped up about the game after seeing MP footage, then a friend tells me that you'll be playing against high levels, which apparently get the ability to see through costumes/disguises.

Put an end to that hype.[/QUOTE]

Waaaaaa?

If that is so I wont even bother. Whats the fun in that?

[quote name='nnthomas']If its the one I'm thinking of, you need to use your horse to jump across the broken bridge above.[/QUOTE]

That would be the southernmost flag.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Waaaaaa?

If that is so I wont even bother. Whats the fun in that?[/QUOTE]

You don't actually get matched up with people much higher than you. I was playing from levels 3-10 today and the highest person I ever got matched up with was level 11 when I was a 9. You usually don't get matched up with people 20+ if you're a low level 5 player. When you're starting off at level 1-3 you might get matched up with a lot of level 6-9 players because of the scarcity of players, but it'll eventually even up. You can even just keep playing with the same people with the rematch option at the end.

Templar vision unlocks in the 20s I think? That's what lets you see the enemy. It can suck if your opponent knows how to use it quick and get a follow-up kill real quick but otherwise you can counter it or run from it easily.

The MP does have its frustrating moments(e.g., I randomly starting have terrible luck being able to poison people when I thought I could) but it's nowhere as bad as say, COD. Love this game.

Made it to level 38 yesterday. Actually had a bit of trouble getting into a game there for a bit but it was 10am. When I play late at night like 2am-7am and the amount of players on is scarce I will see lvl 50s and also sub lvl20s to fill out games.

I guess a little advice for templar vision. Always keep an eye out for your pursuer(s) duh I know. What I mean is turn the camera all over the place. You would be surprised how many people I've seen walking 6-10 steps behind me with templar vision on and fast walking my way. I just drop a smoke bomb and stun them. I've had some luck lately stunning people without a smoke bomb just by taking them by surprise, like suddenly turning around running the step or two towards them and stunning. Only happens when smoke bomb is on cooldown but still makes me smile when it works.

Other things that I do that I think help. (I play a lot of defense, I think it's more fun)
I normally run Disguise/SmokeBomb, sometimes Poison/Smokebomb.
Try to always stick around a group, either walking or stationary with a double or triple of you when you have 2+ pursuers.
Try to avoid running from rooftop to rooftop, it tells your pursuer(s) here I am come kill me after I get my guy.
When out in the open after a "public" kill, drop a smokebomb and run or just flat out run away. Hope that your pursuer isn't standing there waiting to kill you after your kill is done.
Running isn't very necessary unless being chased. It just tells everyone HEY LOOK AT ME I'M A TEMPLAR DURRR.
Try to think about your kills, sometimes it is worth it to get a cheap point kill just to get another contract. But the measure of the game is points. 150pt gun kill from rooftop to rooftop or a 600pt poison/silent/morphed kill. I know which one I would like.

just to add, the new map angers me. it feels like it was made just so everyone had to be roof runners

[quote name='Rhett']I was all hyped up about the game after seeing MP footage, then a friend tells me that you'll be playing against high levels, which apparently get the ability to see through costumes/disguises.

Put an end to that hype.[/QUOTE]
That ability only lasts a few seconds, and the user glows while they're using it, making them an easy target.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah i remembering them saying this wasnt AC3, so i figured it wouldnt have a big role on the storyline, but it does.[/QUOTE]

I disagree... this is a filler episode. Sort of like a serial like anime, or LOST, etc. Get through the filler eps to get to a key story episode.

I finally got that last Borgia Flag that was annoying me, I didn't know about running up walls and then jumping off of them in another direction other than directly behind.

All single player achievements completed for me.

[quote name='menikmati']I finally got that last Borgia Flag that was annoying me, I didn't know about running up walls and then jumping off of them in another direction other than directly behind.[/QUOTE]
you could jump sideways even in the first one

Ugh..I can't get in a MP match to save my life. Tried for an hour this morning and never got more then 4 players, so nothing ever started.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Ugh..I can't get in a MP match to save my life. Tried for an hour this morning and never got more then 4 players, so nothing ever started.[/QUOTE]
Back out and try again.

[quote name='pete5883']Back out and try again.[/QUOTE]

I kept trying. would get up to 4 and sit. I'd wait a couple minutes do it again. Just gave up

I never have problems getting into games... Is everybody doing ranked matches? Because I always just choose the join a match option.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I kept trying. would get up to 4 and sit. I'd wait a couple minutes do it again. Just gave up[/QUOTE]
Did you download the free DLC? I'm thinking not having it might screw up your matchmaking. I think there's another patch on the way, though.

[quote name='pete5883']Did you download the free DLC? I'm thinking not having it might screw up your matchmaking. I think there's another patch on the way, though.[/QUOTE]

Day 1.

I actually got into a game last night in a couple seconds. So who knows.

been sticking to the single player which is mad fun
lov calling friends to help
one battle lost 3 because i left them alone with like 20 guards
learned from my mistakes

great games

I'm fucking loving this game! So far I feel like it added a lot from AC2 with the difficulty of the Borega (sp?) Towers, calling & training assassins (which I still haven't even done), renovating buildings, etc.

I have a feeling that by the next game we're going to be playing as Desmond in modern day cause' after all is said and done with the game I'm sure Ezio has got to be pretty old! Excited to see the end and I'm only 10% done.

I've found from playing with an Xbox Live party today that when you play with your party it becomes almost impossible to start a game. I'd get stuck on 6/6 or 7/7 players forever, and then never start the game. When I tried to join a match by myself I joined and started a game almost immediately. Is this common?

[quote name='kylerg']Had to look up how to solve Cluster 7. Can anyone explain the decoder part?[/QUOTE]

I think it is just a case of "what is missing from the picture?" The first and last code give you a working solution. The middle two require you to line up 2 symbols that are missing from the decoder... and since there are only 2 empty slots on the decoder they must fit into each of them. So you line them up one at a time and submit.

C7 Pic: http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/article/113/1136640/cluster7_puzzle3.jpg
FAQ: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/113/1137036p1.html

[quote name='adriley313']when do u get to throw stabbies
is that Single player or MP[/QUOTE]

The single player knives are unlocked from the beginning I believe. In MP you get them at lvl.21. It takes a while to get there in MP and all they do is slow down your target so that you can still recover a decent point kill when in a chase.

just past lvl40, i keep getting distracted and playing other games

got the night off today so hopefully i can make a push towards at least lvl45

I've come to the conclusion that whoever came up with the Full Sync criteria for the memory "Hell on Wheels" needs to be shot. Then stabbed. Then kicked in the crotch for good measure.

5-10 minutes of all that bullshit at the beginning only to get to the part that actually matters to full sync, and then having to restart the entire thing when I get hit during the fight with two tanks. I've probably spent two hours trying to get this mission, and something always gets me out of nowhere. I've gotten Full Sync in everything but this just fine; I'm on Sequence 6 right now.

Arrggggh.

The Assassin's Creed games are like a tortuous love affair for completionists like me. There is just so much shit in this game that getting 100% will take forever. Feathers, flags, glyphs, chests; courtesan, thief, and mercenary side missions; training the brotherhood; borgia towers; renovation; shop quests; I could go on.

It does solidify my opinion that Rome was planned and started but unfinished when AC2 shipped though, as even reusing as much as they did, it seems impossible to me that they could add so much shit into an entirely new area within a year. And that's leaving aside the multiplayer.

Just got this game 2 days ago, and this is my first night of playing. Me and another guy were level 1, and got matched with a level 10. Bleh.

It's definitely fun, but it's already becoming "WAITING FOR ABSTERGO AGENTS Brotherhood" 2 games in.

am I the only one clawing my eyes out trying to get the "extreme variety" bonus in regular play? I can regularly get 13 or 14 bonuses, but can never manage to hit magic number 15. that and triple escape seem designed to happen so incredibly rarely as to require anyone that wants the "get one of each bonus" achievement to have 5+ friends playing that can help boost it.

bread's done
Back