Assassin's Creed Complete Bundle $29.99 @ UbiShop - PC Digital Download

Pajama_Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry if this has been posted already.

PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

UbiShop is currently having a summer sale and their daily deal for Saturday (06/25/2011) is the Assassin's Creed Complete Bundle for $29.99.

The Complete Bundles includes:

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/html/pbPage.summer_sale_2011

I've never used UbiShop but this is a pretty amazing deal if you don't own any of the Assassin's Creed games.

:EDIT: Please be aware that UbiShop seems to only allow you to re-download your game(s) 30 days after purchase. You can either backup the install archive files yourself or purchase their $5 two year download extension. Thanks goes to raccon2k for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick warning to potential buyers, the Ubishop runs under the terrible TOS where your download "expires" after 30 days unless you buy a $5 two year download extension. Combined with their awful DRM makes this a dealbreaker for me IMO.

Thanks for the deal still, OP, just word of caution to potential buyers.

I have a couple of questions regarding this, if any of you can help:

Can I activate this on steam?

Is there a chance Steam will match this on the summer sale?

And most important of them all: I read on the checkout of the site "Extended -Download Service (details) — $4.99". Does this mean I only get to download AC once and then if anything happens I'm screwed unless I spend 5 more bucks?

Thanks.

[quote name='Khamous']I have a couple of questions regarding this, if any of you can help:

Can I activate this on steam?

Is there a chance Steam will match this on the summer sale?

And most important of them all: I read on the checkout of the site "Extended -Download Service (details) — $4.99". Does this mean I only get to download AC once and then if anything happens I'm screwed unless I spend 5 more bucks?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

This cannot be activated on Steam; however its a 50/50 chance it could appear at the same price on Steam during the potential summer sale. It was 33% off a couple weeks ago on Steam during Ubisoft week.

The fatal flaw of the Ubi service is the fact that you cannot download the game again after a 30 Day period unless you spend the $5 for the extended service. After a month you'll be forced to (assuming you didn't back it up on your hard drive) either pirate the game or borrow it and then enter your legitimate key in the installer.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']This cannot be activated on Steam; however its a 50/50 chance it could appear at the same price on Steam during the potential summer sale. It was 33% off a couple weeks ago on Steam during Ubisoft week.

The fatal flaw of the Ubi service is the fact that you cannot download the game again after a 30 Day period unless you spend the $5 for the extended service. After a month you'll be forced to (assuming you didn't back it up on your hard drive) either pirate the game or borrow it and then enter your legitimate key in the installer.[/QUOTE]

Oh true, I can do that key thing w/o issue. I was worried the only solution would be to repurchase.

Do you have any idea how do they hand the keys when you buy from them? (Never done so).

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']It's sent via email during your order confirmation and can also be referenced in the future on your Ubi account.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanks. Then I think I'll bite, nothing is too hard to pirate in the future :p

[quote name='raccoon2k']Quick warning to potential buyers, the Ubishop runs under the terrible TOS where your download "expires" after 30 days unless you buy a $5 two year download extension. Combined with their awful DRM makes this a dealbreaker for me IMO.

Thanks for the deal still, OP, just word of caution to potential buyers.[/QUOTE]

yes stay away. people.

I had my hardrive crash and lost 2 games i bought from them. I did have 1 game backed up, but the install files were giving me errors.

If people are so worried about the installer files not being available after 30 days, why not burn the installers to DVD-R when you've downloaded them?

[quote name='shrike4242']If people are so worried about the installer files not being available after 30 days, why not burn the installers to DVD-R when you've downloaded them?[/QUOTE]

wouldn't that defeat the purpose of digital distribution? not having to deal w/ actual physical copys , disc and case. this is coming from a person that perfer physical copys.

practice like this i can't surpport, 30 days please? sure redownloading takes up bandwith yes, but offering a reasonable, term of agreement to redownload, for example once every 6 months sound fair.
and on top of this, the garbage DRM, that us PC gamer is dealing with.

steam, psn and xbox arcade done this right imo.

I agree, charging a premium to re-access your digital downloads kinda defeats the purpose of buying the game digital in the first place - I might as well just buy the retail game because then I'd get a nice box and a legit disc.

Stick with digital distributors that don't screw you - Steam, D2D, GMG, Impulse etc.

[quote name='shrike4242']If people are so worried about the installer files not being available after 30 days, why not burn the installers to DVD-R when you've downloaded them?[/QUOTE]

Why go through all of that trouble when there are places like Direct2Drive, Steam, GamersGate etc... that let you re-download as often as you want. Hell, even EA (of all companies) allows this.

Not only that, the DRM ubisoft uses is the most intrusive BS known to man. If you are in the middle of your game and you have a lag spike, your game crashes because you must have a constant net connection while playing. This happened to me on Splinter Cell Conviction and my gamesave was corrupted about 70% of the way through the game. So, I uninstalled that POS and said never again to ubi's DRM.

When they get rid of that junk, MAYBE I will buy another ubi game.

So, purchase at your own risk.

I would like these games but I won't support Ubi's DD store. I expect good AC sales on Steam, D2D, and GG as the new game gets closer.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']AC:B needs a Steam sale for $10. Yes, $10 sounds just about right to me. Make it happen, Valve.[/QUOTE]

That'd be insane.
Count me in, if that occurs.

I am also waiting for AC Brotherhood to hit the $10 - $15 before I buy it, I already have AC1 on Steam and I bought AC2 recently from that PSN sale

Great deal but those stupid drm's that ubisoft pc games have will put some people off. What if your internet isn't working or if you don't have it for example, that means you can't play the game and I find that rediculous. You shouldn't have to be forced to be online to play a single player game. Why do publishers do this anyway ?

Exactly.

[quote name='Spoon_si']wouldn't that defeat the purpose of digital distribution? not having to deal w/ actual physical copys , disc and case. this is coming from a person that perfer physical copys.

practice like this i can't surpport, 30 days please? sure redownloading takes up bandwith yes, but offering a reasonable, term of agreement to redownload, for example once every 6 months sound fair.
and on top of this, the garbage DRM, that us PC gamer is dealing with.

steam, psn and xbox arcade done this right imo.[/QUOTE]
The purpose is to have every base covered.
Say the download servers are down and you want to download the game again. Well, you're screwed, for now.
So, if you need to reinstall the game. As long as you have the installers backed-up somewhere else (another HDD, DVD disc, BR, etc) - you don't have to worry about this issue.

I agree w/ the 30 day limit, though - that's just crazy. If I buy a game from somewhere digitally, I should be able to re-download it anytime...well, as long as their servers are up, of course...

bread's done
Back